What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heading out to the shops soon to get som Top Loader washing powder...have to chuck out half a box of front loader, but that is life!

Got a heap of ironing to do being Friday but will be relaxing on the recliner this afternoon, hope it is still raining then :)

You should be able to use it in the top loader. Going the other way is not possible, but it should work fine in the top loader. I wouldn't want to waste it when you don't have to.:mellow:

Just doing laundry here. I went to Sears earlier to check out the ranges. I am thinking GE. I saw several that I liked. Has anyone had a range where the oven has a steam cleaning setting? This seems to be the new thing. How does it work? Any problems with rusting?

Oh okay Chops...I will check the online manual for our new washer that is coming on Monday and see if I can salvage the front loader powder, thank you :)

Mum mentioned that last night too...that it may be okay to use the front loader powder with the top loader but not the top loader powder with the front loader

Oh okay Chops...I will check the online manual for our new washer that is coming on Monday and see if I can salvage the front loader powder, thank you :)

Mum mentioned that last night too...that it may be okay to use the front loader powder with the top loader but not the top loader powder with the front loader

Right. I agree with Mum on that one.:D

Other way around, Pac.

Yeah, that's what I said :rolleyes:
:LOL:

So what's the reasoning? Don't tumbling clothes pretty much behave the same? Is there something in front loader soap that makes it less slippery so it doesn't permeate or get past the gasket?

It is the front loaders that need the High Efficiency powder, the reason is so that there are not as many suds in the front load washing

It is just after five a.m. and I just had to turn the heat back on.

I was looking at my shopping list and it is going to be a long one this time. I have to stock up for the summer. My daughter every weekend has a BBQ in her yard and I always bring or even just send something. A cake, potato salad, macoroni salad, baked beans, cookies, etc. Always one of her childhood favorites. And her family never says no either.

I talked with her yesterday. She is feeling good. But now her doctors are telling her more and more what to expect. Her brain is still swollen so they can't tell from the MRI just what the cancer is doing. At the begining they told her she would be taking the chemo pills for one year. Now they are telling her that some patients are on them for 18 months, two or even three years before they can tell what is going on. It may take that long for the swelling to go down. Well, she is not discouraged, but she is angry that they are not giving her the whole picture. "How can I rebuild my life if I don't know what to expect?" I managed to calm her down and remind her that not only she, but everyone that knows her are happy that they are saying she might be on the chemo for three years, but they expect her to be alive for three years. She hadn't looked at it that way. She is also going through her wardrobe to get ready to go back to work. I think that is the best thing she can do. She will work part time three weeks out of the month. Enough to protect her benefits. :angel:
Your daughter is very fortunate to have you for a mom & all the support you give. It would be difficult to imagine how difficult all of this has to be for you as well, then to be so strong for her. What an inspiration you are!
Take care!:angel:and one for your daughter too.:angel:

left shoulder problems...I'm getting old...that and repetitive motion at work has caused separation of the AC joint and they also see calcifications which is what caused the horrible pain I had when it popped. I can't do anything that rotates my arm out. I'm okay with back, just not out.

yeah, just tell them after so many years of paintin' the black with 4 seam heaters, splitters, and pulling the string here and there to keep them off balance, you thought you could extend your shelf life by feeding them a diet of off speed pitches with screwgies, back door sliders, and a deadly 12-6 uncle charlie. 'cause if someone's sittin' dead read and you put one down broadway, they'll crush it.

but throw 'em junk, and their lumber goes silent.

Last edited:
Your daughter is very fortunate to have you for a mom & all the support you give. It would be difficult to imagine how difficult all of this has to be for you as well, then to be so strong for her. What an inspiration you are!
Take care!:angel:and one for your daughter too.:angel:

Thank you SB. The day I got the news, I totally collasped. Winthrop had to send me some Lorazipam so I could calm down. They also sent the nurse to my home to check on me. I wan't much use to her that day. I went to see her the next day just before her surgery and told her and her husband.

"I am not going to lose a second child. I fought the state, city and everyone else to keep her. And I wasn't go to let some stupid lump in her head take her away from me now. Not after all I have been through with her from the day she was born. She was my first born, and it was her job to outlive me."

I have been fighting her battle right along with her ever since. The day the city was on lockdown from the bombing, it was her day to go to the hospital for her to get her blood work for the chemo. She called me hystericlly because she couldn't go into the hospital and they weren't answering their phones. To heck with the lockdown, I hopped on my scooter and within three minutes I was at her house to calm her down. She got to go to the hospitall that day.

I have been noticing that you are back on the diet. Weighing and measuring your food. Keep up the good work. You are not only doing this for yourself, but for your daughter and husband. You need to be around for them also. :angel:

And one for you! :angel:

yeah, just tell them after so many years of paintin' the black with 4 seam heaters, splitters, and pulling the string here and there to keep them off balance, you thought you could extend your shelf life by feeding them a diet of off speed pitches with screwgies, back door sliders, and a deadly 12-6 uncle charlie. 'cause if someone's sittin' dead read and you put one down broadway, they'll crush it.

but throw 'em junk, and their lumber goes silent.

:wacko: Yeah sure. I agree. Whatever you say. But I refuse to let you know I didn't understand one work of that except sliders. :angel:

Thinking I won't be able to wash my hair...think I will look good with dreadlocks?

I wonder how long I can get away with having Shrek cook...

For the past hour I have been playing between the AC and the fan. I think right now I prefer the fan. It is not as cold and I can control where it blows. I love my fan. It even has a remote.

And I am also waiting for my eggs. Poo has finally gotten them. He will be her in less than three hours. I am so excited.

Yesterday my fan, today my eggs. How much better can life get? :angel:

Today is the first day of Winter here :)

I love that, as I love Winter!

Yesterday it bucketed down with rain..."all day" which is rare for where we are, so it was great!

This morning it is looking very dark out there, very windy and I am in my element!

We are staying in today, have lots of washing and housework to do and Steve is going to work on our game

I'm making a list of all our autopay accounts. I got a text from our credit card company this morning asking if we'd made a $200 purchase today. We had not. I called the CC company, and found out the purchase had been attempted, but denied due to an expired CC. Turns out the attempted purchase was made from France! We've never been to France. And I always shred our outdated CCs, so am not sure how they got an outdated one.

I thanked the customer service person profusely. Good catch! They're UPSing us new cards tomorrow, and are notifying the credit bureaus. It will be a PITA to deal with the aftermath, but I'm glad the CC company is so vigilant!

Back
Top Bottom