What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cleaning up the dishes. The one problem with me cooking in this house is I don't have staff to clear all the stuff I use. Don't ask Himself to do it, he does it all wrong*. :mad:

*all wrong = not my way :-p

Watching Master Chef.....not sure that having children vote on their "favorite food" is a fair measure of a cooks ability......but whatever.... ;)

One of our most liked residents passed away last night. Everyone was very fond of and never had a bad word to say about her. There is a pall over the building today. Word had not reached the whole building, so I posted a very nice notice on the bulletin board on each floor right next to the elevator. It can't be missed. As soon as I get word about her wake and funeral I will post that also. I am going to miss her. She was always there playing waitress during our 'tea' nights. :angel: And one for you Gloria. :angel:

Tropical Storm Andrea, the first of the hurricane season that opened June 1, is having a galvanizing effect. After breakfast I'm going to be checking out the emergency first-aid items I put together last year. I have canned food and other necessities pretty well in hand.

Looking at Jean Stapleton's bio. Sadly, it seems her passing has gone unnoted on this forum.

I saw that a few days ago. I watched Michael yesterday or the day before. I love her in that movie, even though she's only in it at the beginning and end.

I am sitting here watching the rain and thinking about making myself a couple Canadian bacon sandwiches. Looks like we've got another couple inches on the way the way it is coming down.
Good weather for warm food.

I am sitting here watching the rain come down through a different window now... after finishing my sandwiches.

I'm looking out at the sunshine (we had our rain Tuesday, and overcast yesterday). Today is nice and 60 degrees right now. I really need to get dressed and get out in the garden. I see weeds cropping up between the flowers.:mad:

I went out front to have a smoke. I thought I would walk the 35-40 metres to the sidewalk and have a look at the work they are doing. They are tearing up the whole street and the sidewalks to replace them. They are even putting a sidewalk on the other side of the street, yay!

I noticed that there is now a trench where the sidewalk used to be. They were almost to the sidewalk in front of the driveway to our garage. I asked one of the workers when that would be filled in, so we would be able to get our cars out of the garage.

"It depends on the rain." he said. They can't work in the rain. They have to finish digging the trench; build the forms; fill in the gravel; and then pour the cement. They might not be able to pour cement today or tomorrow (since we have rain in the forecast for both days) and it will take a day for the cement to dry. That means that my car would be stuck in the garage until at least Monday. Man am I ever glad I decided to go look at the work.

Since it is a weekday, most people are at work and there were only three cars in the garage, counting mine. The worker asked me whose cars they were and I told him that the one at my end of the garage was one of the first two doors and the one at the far end would be near the end of the townhouses on the other side of the plaza. There are 27 parking spaces and they all get used. I just went and looked. I guess that worker got hold of the people who own the other two cars, because they aren't there now. Someone could have had a nasty surprise.

Wow TL,
Don't they usually let folks know that they are planning to do work like that? I'm glad that you and others were able to get their cars out of the garage.:wacko:

Wow TL,
Don't they usually let folks know that they are planning to do work like that? I'm glad that you and others were able to get their cars out of the garage.:wacko:

Well, they did tell us that they were going to replace the road surface and sidewalks. They started 21 May and will finish near the end of June. But, I am surprised they didn't tell us that we wouldn't be able to get in and out of the garage. Sometimes they put something across a trench like that, so you can drive/walk across it.

As soon as I'm done goofing off I have to head to a grocery store, maybe two. Toe/foot still a little sore but getting better! :w00t: If I make it through the first store I have just a couple things to pick up at the other - just enough to hit the $15 for the special Grand Opening deals. With Pepsi 12-packs on sale 4/$10 I'm 2/3 of the way there!

One of our most liked residents passed away last night....

Sorry to hear of your loss Addie.

Tropical Storm Andrea, the first of the hurricane season that opened June 1.....

Stay safe TL and batten down those hatches. ;) Hope the storm doesn't hit you too hard. Ooo, I'd better check with the cousins in Tampa to make sure they're OK.

Lets hope for dry weather so they can finish the work quickly.

Thanks, but it's raining lightly now and here's our weather forecast:

Attachments

• 2013-06-06 short term forecast.gif
    2013-06-06 short term forecast.gif
    88 KB · Views: 170
  • 2013-06-06 weather forecast.gif
    2013-06-06 weather forecast.gif
    107.6 KB · Views: 153
I am trying to finish a pictorial video for my BFF's son who is graduating this year. So hard to believe as I looked after him at 6 months old. I have watched him and his younger brother grow up as if they were my own.

Anyway, our church puts on this banquet for all grads who attend our services and/or youth group and it is this Saturday. I have been working on this awhile but the problem is there are so many pictures it is hard to chose. I did include my favourite picture of the two of us when he was about 18 months old.

This is a labour of love for sure.....I just need to get it done so they can see it before Saturday!

Guess I should get off DC! :angel:

Big doings going on in town tonight. I just got back from a short walk to see all the folks. Mumford and Sons are here for their only New Mexico gig. I have been impressed with all the preparation the town has gone to, to host the biggest ever influx of people at one time that this town has seen. It is expected the population of this small town will more than triple tonight. Because I have been hanging out at the public utilites departments this past week, I have seen some of the preparations. I came back to my apartment to have dinner and get my camera.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom