What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, but he should respect his elders rather than make an awesome play.. ;)

the next time i got up he was playing short stop and i smoked one right past him. i think he needed to change his shorts after that, lol.

spare the bat, i mean rod, and spoil the child, or something like that... :cool:

Last edited:
This morning we are heading out for a walk, maybe down to the lake :)

Then we will be making some Lemon Tarts to use up some of the lemons from our tree

would someone please offer me a reason to NOT send away today for a $139 cuisinart griller/panini machine for $39?

I'm sure by now the griddler is on its way to you but I just have to add IT IS GREAT!!! Wanted one for Christmas a couple years back. Himself said "will you use it?" since I do have a few things that looked useful...:( I wanted it, sent him on his merry way to BedBath&Beyond holding a 20% coupon and $75 in BB&B gift cards courtesy of Discover cashback rewards. Cost him $4.99 plus tax and I have loved it ever since. Oh, him too. ;)

Chicken breasts (pound the to try and even the thickness), boneless pork chops, hot dogs! Yup, split them lengthwise and grill flat-side-down. Mmm...:yum: You will find so many things to use it for you won't have to store it, just leave it on the counter. Unfortunately, mine gets stored in the basement along with a bunch of other kitchen things. This house came with a dearth of counters and cabinets. :rolleyes:

Getting ready to drown myself and crash into bed. Took our pseudo-son out to Marblehead, Salem, then down to Ipswich for fried seafood. First time he had tried fried oysters and pronounced them "wonderful". Himself drove us through downtown Boston (he is, as the saying goes, a better man than I am) pointing out all the usual touristy things and a few other points of interest that don't make the travel brochures. Gotta be up and out for morning church, big brunch, and then off to western MA to drop the kid off at the Appalachian Trail where he left off. 1540 miles down since he started from Springer Mountain, GA near the end of February. He figures he'll make it to somewhere in ME before he has to leave the trail to get to his new job in July, probably around the 1900 mile mark. He'll finish the rest of the 2178 miles of trail sometime next year or so. Figures it will take about a month of walking. My feet hurt just thinking about it!

'Night all!

Getting ready to drown myself and crash into bed. Took our pseudo-son out to Marblehead, Salem, then down to Ipswich for fried seafood. First time he had tried fried oysters and pronounced them "wonderful". Himself drove us through downtown Boston (he is, as the saying goes, a better man than I am) pointing out all the usual touristy things and a few other points of interest that don't make the travel brochures. Gotta be up and out for morning church, big brunch, and then off to western MA to drop the kid off at the Appalachian Trail where he left off. 1540 miles down since he started from Springer Mountain, GA near the end of February. He figures he'll make it to somewhere in ME before he has to leave the trail to get to his new job in July, probably around the 1900 mile mark. He'll finish the rest of the 2178 miles of trail sometime next year or so. Figures it will take about a month of walking. My feet hurt just thinking about it!

'Night all!

I have taken a lot of outoftowners on the Freedom. No more. Go to the Vistors Centers on State Street or Tremont Street. I have over the years sent many tourists on the right track during my lunch hour. No more. Downtown Boston is drowning in tourists in the summer. And July 4th is coming. I used to go in town for the July 4th with the Boston Pops on the Esplanade. I even went with my sister and her famly on the boat. We were tied right up just feet from the Shell. The last time I was there was with my youngest. I wanted him to experience it at least once. He was about seven at the time, but he remembers it. No more. An experience he doesn't wish to repeat. We now both watch it on TV. When I went with my sister, we couldn't leave until the harbor police allowed us to. Only so many at at time as you have to go through locks to get back out to the sea. We spent the night there and left in the morning. A little crowded, but who cared. We had enough food and water to drink.

My youngest and his first wife spent their honeymoon in Maine and they went on the Appalachian Trail. And over the years he has managed to get some of it in, in New Hampshire. It can be quite a challenge.

I don't understand why you don't like to drive in Boston. Sure our streets are just paved over paths. But you don't run into the cows anymore.

When my girlfriend came in from Calif. I took her to the Boston Commons. We were standing across the street from Park St. It was a Sunday and there was parking on both sides. It is a very narrow street and a two way. A truck was coming down and a car wanted to go up. So he went up on the sidewalk. Very typical for Boston drivers. She was horrified, I didn't think it was unusal at all. Yellow light dosn't mean slow down for a stop. It means speed up and beat the coming red light. Folks in a roatary (round about for you folks across the pond) always have the right of way even if it says for them to yield. :angel:

Cooking potatoes and eggs for the first potato salad of the season! DH is bottling beer (Cerveza). Need to get out side now that the sun is finally shining. Way behind in gardening :(

One of our most liked residents passed away last night. Everyone was very fond of and never had a bad word to say about her. There is a pall over the building today. Word had not reached the whole building, so I posted a very nice notice on the bulletin board on each floor right next to the elevator. It can't be missed. As soon as I get word about her wake and funeral I will post that also. I am going to miss her. She was always there playing waitress during our 'tea' nights. :angel: And one for you Gloria. :angel:
Sorry for your loss addie.:angel: May gloria rest in peace.:angel:

Same ole , same ole sunday afternoon here. The daughter (14) in the back room on her computor with friends & dh sleeping in the chair, maybe I will make a pot of chili on this cold, wet rainey day.

We just got back from our nearest Costco, about 45 minutes away, and my wallet is considerably lighter. Along with all the "necessities", I am now the proud owner of a Keurig Platinum coffee maker. (Thank you DC.). It came with 60 free coffee/ tea cups, which should last us several years, along with the cup where you put whatever you want in it. I'm having fun playing with it, I was going through appliance purchase withdrawals. The price we paid actually undercut Amazon and Walmart.

We just got back from our nearest Costco, about 45 minutes away, and my wallet is considerably lighter. Along with all the "necessities", I am now the proud owner of a Keurig Platinum coffee maker. (Thank you DC.). It came with 60 free coffee/ tea cups, which should last us several years, along with the cup where you put whatever you want in it. I'm having fun playing with it, I was going through appliance purchase withdrawals. The price we paid actually undercut Amazon and Walmart.

That's the deal we got too. Best price around. Did you notice the price of K-Cups?

I'm telling ya, it's a disease :LOL:

Assembled my new B&D Workmate 425 (made in China). I still have a 30 year old version of the workmate. The new one has some pluses and minuses compared to my old one. A lot of the parts on the old one, that were cast aluminum, have been replaced by plastic moldings or sheet metal stampings. The work surface on the new one has an insert which increases the work surface by 9" and the front portion of the table can be tilted to a vertical position.
Printed a dimensioned top and side view of the angle iron (1.25 x .125 aluminum and 1.5 x .125 iron) brackets required to mount my 6 quart fuel tank on my 33"-cut, walk-behind mower. Seem to have recovered from my 4 day bout with loss of appetite, blurred vision, shortness of breath, and wandering aches and pains.
To do-
... Cut, assemble and mount 6 quart fuel tank and sediment bowl with bracket.
... Clean and re-glue the end sections of our dough / pastry board.
... Construct 1" Schedule 40 PVC garden enclosure.
... Install a new garage door sill.
... Replace garage door springs and cables.
... Diagnose and repair flush-mount under cabinet kitchen sink fluorescent light fixture problem.
... Fabricate an outdoor back yard discharge conduit for our clothes washing machine.
... Wire brush and refinish our iron front porch roof support stanchions.
... Buy a new Subaru Forester for the Mrs. .
... Figure out where to invest new cash.
... Calm my wife's concerns about our local masked prowlers.

Last edited:
Assembled my new B&D Workmate 425 (made in China). I still have a 30 year old version of the workmate. The new one has some pluses and minuses compared to my old one. A lot of the parts on the old one, that were cast aluminum, have been replaced by plastic moldings or sheet metal stampings. The work surface on the new one has an insert which increases the work surface by 9" and the front portion of the table can be tilted to a vertical position.
Printed a dimensioned top and side view of the angle iron (1.25 x .125 aluminum and 1.5 x .125 iron) brackets required to mount my 6 quart fuel tank on my 33"-cut, walk-behind mower. Seem to have recovered from my 4 day bout with loss of appetite, blurred vision, shortness of breath, and wandering aches and pains.
To do-
... Diagnose and repair flush-mount under cabinet kitchen sink fluorescent light fixture problem.
... Fabricate an outdoor back yard discharge conduit for our clothes washing machine.

Are you on a "Honey-Do"?

To do-

I'm totally exhausted just reading your post, Bill!

That's the deal we got too. Best price around. Did you notice the price of K-Cups?

my wife buys the big boxes at bj's at about 45 cents per k-cup.

you can always use that manual k-cup thing that comes with most models and fill them yourself with whatever coffee you like. but 45 or 50 cents per cup is pretty cheap, imo.

dawg, 60 cups would last my wife about 2 weeks. :w00t2:

Back
Top Bottom