What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just being lazy at the moment, took a short vacation to spend time with mom.

Drove to Charleston SC on friday in the middle of tropical storm Andrea lots of wind and rain. Drove home yesterday in torrential rain most of the way, many times it was nearly impossible to even see the lines in the road. Driving in that is very tiring!

The weather improved as we approached charleston and the weather saturday was pretty much perfect. Nice weekend visiting my best friend.

Now a couple days of relaxing! I can think of a thousand things to do around the house, but I am going to try to relax instead.

Glad you had a nice visit. It is really hard for me to drive a long time in rain like that too. It seems to drain you when you have to work so hard to see and pay attention.

I'm glad you are going to relax. If you are like me that will last a day and then you will have to do the things that are calling to you. :LOL:

I just got back from taking a walk with the dogs. It is already 88 degrees. It is going to be a hot one! I am relaxing now, but really need to get the garden watered before it gets too hot. The dogs and I are panting right now, so maybe in ten minutes or so.....

Bakechef, very few hurricanes make it to Maine. Why would your Mom leave the comfort of her home to go and be in a hurricane? Has she never experienced one? I would rather have a snow blizzard than a hurricane. :angel:

She's semi retired but still works like crazy and needed a change of scenery. This is about the only way she can relax a little. She's still on the phone more than she needs to be, but to her this is still "relaxing" :LOL:

I'm enjoying my first "official" day of summer vacation. And trying to figure out where to put all the stuff we over-bought at Costco yesterday. We probably didn't need 45 packets of Cheez-its.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying my first "official" day of summer vacation. And trying to figure out where to put all the stuff we over-bought at Costco yesterday. We probably didn't need 45 packets of Cheez-its.

So glad you finally made it to summer vacation! I've been waiting for ya! :LOL:
I do the bulk shopping too, but I have a pantry and a freezer down stairs just for that. It sure does help. It keeps my upstairs pantry and freezer from getting too full. That is a lot of cheez-its!:huh:

Just had a bit of lunch with my sweetheart and am headed to my studio to finish the window treatments for our double front doors.

The top half of each door is glass on which I've made and installed roman shades. They are a solid deep wine/burgundy color.

What I have to finish are the top treatments, which are shaped and pleated board-mounted valances. The fabric reminds me of a Persian rug. Lots of wine/burgundy, deep sage, mustard/gold, some vibrant blue and white. It's a neat print and I chose it because I can use the colors in it as assorted accents in the living room and dining room.

The edges of the valances are trimmed in burgundy and gold clear bead fringe. About 1 inch long at the longest point. Gives some shimmer to the entry area and some additional texture.

They'll be nice when I'm done but I wrestled all morning trying to get my pleats spaced the way I wanted it to look. I'm designing as I go, so no pattern to go by.

I'm hoping that having lunch and stepping away from the project for a few minutes will do the trick. They are soooooo close to being done. I would like to finish them by the end of the afternoon. That's my plan.

I suppose you could reflux at either end.

Hope you get good news, PF, and that your problem gets solved!

I just got out of the shower. I have a bunch of things that need doing. But I don't want to do any of them. I did have to call my credit union. I have to make some major changes to my accounts. My daughter is listed as a coholder and she is in no condition to take care of any financial needs if I should go tomorrow. So I had to add Spike.

I also need to vacuum. Once again I washed the tissues in the pockets. So when I shook out the wet laundry, I now have a snow bank of tissue. Oh so much joy! And to think I did this to myself.

What I really want to do is get back to my sewing. I haven't touched it since the surgery last December. But if I pick that up, I won't get anything else done. Time to step away from the computer and get busy. :angel:

...I don't understand why you don't like to drive in Boston. Sure our streets are just paved over paths. But you don't run into the cows anymore....

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: You ARE talking real cows, right? 'Cuz some of those rather tubby tourists.... :ohmy:

Himself and I have vacationed in New England since 1975 or 1976, visiting before and with kids, camping or staying with friends or in motels. In those nearly 4 decades we have noticed a very heavy increase in tourists. Even more so, a large increase in crazy native drivers. And don't even get me going on "entitled" pedestrians. People, you have the right of way when you are IN a crosswalk and WITH the traffic light if one is there, NOT whenever you feel like it wherever you want! :mad: Rarely go that way anymore - much prefer heading to the south and walking the RI area.

..am headed to my studio to finish the window treatments for our double front doors.....They are soooooo close to being done. I would like to finish them by the end of the afternoon. That's my plan.

I am so impressed with your skills! Threading a needle has been a challenge for me over the years and I am so in awe of skilled seamstress work. You will post pics when you're done, right? :)

...Even more so, a large increase in crazy native drivers. And don't even get me going on "entitled" pedestrians. People, you have the right of way when you are IN a crosswalk and WITH the traffic light if one is there, NOT whenever you feel like it wherever you want!...

Clearly you're a visitor to MA. "The pedestrian has the right-of-way" is a clear and unambiguous statement. There are no qualifiers in the statement. It's the motorists' job to not hit pedestrians and swear at them at the top of their lungs! If you're going to live among the natives, you have to understand and accept the culture. :angel:

...Seem to have recovered from my 4 day bout with loss of appetite, blurred vision, shortness of breath, and wandering aches and pains.....

Um, you did get checked out by a doctor, right? You do do tick checks every time you come back in from outside, right? Sounds suspicious, but could be a lot of different things. But Lyme can be ugly. Himself felt like garbage for a month before anything that smacked him in the face (rash) sent him to the doc's. Fortunately, a regime of antibiotics took care of it and he hasn't seemed to be bothered by it since - it's been about 6-7 years.

Clearly you're a visitor to MA. "The pedestrian has the right-of-way" is a clear and unambiguous statement. There are no qualifiers in the statement. It's the motorists' job to not hit pedestrians and swear at them at the top of their lungs! If you're going to live among the natives*, you have to understand and accept the culture. :angel:

Yup, so far it's been a 13 year vacation! :LOL: Actually, I've seen the signs. Problem is, people in the towns either side of us have this "I can do it!!!" attitude when they cross, shooting you evil looks while strolling slowly and checking their cellphones. So I got MA's driver's handbook you can have to check all the laws and regulations. HaHa you jaywalkers, the law states you have to be IN a crosswalk. The law states that if you are crossing at a light you must cross WITH the green and cannot impede the flow of traffic when the light is in their favor. By law I could smack that 20-something, droopy-panted, backwards-wearing hat punk with the smug look when he is smack dab between two crosswalks that are a mere 40 feet apart! Then I realize this state has way more lawyers in it needs and I don't want to generate a case - 'cuz you know one of them is gonna crawl out of the woodwork. :ermm:

* If they were "natives" I would think they should have some idea of how to speak the language...;)

Yup, so far it's been a 13 year vacation! :LOL: Actually, I've seen the signs. Problem is, people in the towns either side of us have this "I can do it!!!" attitude when they cross, shooting you evil looks while strolling slowly and checking their cellphones. So I got MA's driver's handbook you can have to check all the laws and regulations. HaHa you jaywalkers, the law states you have to be IN a crosswalk. The law states that if you are crossing at a light you must cross WITH the green and cannot impede the flow of traffic when the light is in their favor. By law I could smack that 20-something, droopy-panted, backwards-wearing hat punk with the smug look when he is smack dab between two crosswalks that are a mere 40 feet apart! Then I realize this state has way more lawyers in it needs and I don't want to generate a case - 'cuz you know one of them is gonna crawl out of the woodwork. :ermm:

* If they were "natives" I would think they should have some idea of how to speak the language...;)

The driver's handbook has no standing here. They had to print that. They don't expect anyone to pay attention to it.

We were here first so we speak our language the way it's suppose to be spoken. You're on our turf, you're the one with the accent.

The driver's handbook has no standing here. They had to print that. They don't expect anyone to pay attention to it.

We were here first so we speak our language the way it's suppose to be spoken. You're on our turf, you're the one with the accent.

So true Andy. We started the language with the Pilgrims. What folks did to it when they went west is not our fault. We have kept it pure. If a Pilgrim were to step back on the "Rock" today, he/she would understand every word we speak. And so would our Native Americans. We taught them the correct way to speak our language. :angel:

A primer:

image-1140696072.jpg

Back
Top Bottom