What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we are having a chill out day...did too much yesterday trying to get the orange tree stump out...we have decided to get someone in to do it

I had my best luck in a fruit fly trap with banana peels. Probably because that's what they came in on.

I'm having this sense of deja doodoo that last year about this time I was complaining about the same flies. Several nice people then gave me answers, which I obviously promptly forgot.

Vinegar, honey, banana peel. Got it.

I'm having this sense of deja doodoo that last year about this time I was complaining about the same flies. Several nice people then gave me answers, which I obviously promptly forgot.

Vinegar, honey, banana peel. Got it.

So, you are having an episode of CRS???

First time there is a tarantula will be the last banana ever....:unsure:

:LOL: Apparently they're common with large banana shipments. We only get a few bananas at a time, no tarantula yet, just fruit flies. Am thinking Beagle might like her own tarantula, though she might eat it. They actually make pretty cool pets.

That's why we wash the bananas. It's also cut down on the tarantulas.

I remember my one uncle telling me about the tarantulas amongst the bananas when I was a kid. He was an engineer on an ocean freighter.
Not for me :shock: Especially since I don't swim.
"Man touches spider on ocean freighter and drowns" :(

i get fruit flies from cheap grapes that i buy for my birds. but i guess it could happen to overripe bananas.

as in the old adage, "time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana". :)

I remember my one uncle telling me about the tarantulas amongst the bananas when I was a kid. He was an engineer on an ocean freighter.
Not for me :shock: Especially since I don't swim.
"Man touches spider on ocean freighter and drowns" :(

Pac? Really, a manly man like you?? :shock: You have to pet them the way the hair grows, like a dog, otherwise it can embed and cause itching. They can bite, but you won't die from it unless you're allergic.

Our cleaning lady went white as a sheet, put the big Windex refill bottle on top of a cricket that got into the bathroom, and came screaming in to get me as I was on my way out the door. Thankfully I was home and was able to save her from it. She was hyperventilating.

:LOL: Apparently they're common with large banana shipments. We only get a few bananas at a time, no tarantula yet, just fruit flies. Am thinking Beagle might like her own tarantula, though she might eat it. They actually make pretty cool pets.

Not around me, please thanks!!! Or snakes or lizards...I like them just fine in their own habitat.

If you think my reaction is extreme...wait till Patron's Mom sees a tarantula. Jericho, walls...much screaming...

I remember my one uncle telling me about the tarantulas amongst the bananas when I was a kid....

Every year it seems there is a run (no pun intended, but that's what I would be doing) on Black Widow spiders hitching a ride in the bags of grapes. Since we never really need as many as are in one of the mesh bags I always pick a small bunch from a bag with several. As a bonus, any spiders that might be hiding don't hitch a ride to our home!

We tend to get fruit flies in cycles. Right now I have a couple of should-have-been-used-for-bread bananas melting in a bowl on the counter. So far no flies. Better bake/pitch them before I get company. :ermm:

This afternoon we have been watching a Grizzly Bear documentary, it was very good!

Had a lovely dinner and now about to head back into the loungeroom for some Masterchef :)

Every year it seems there is a run (no pun intended, but that's what I would be doing) on Black Widow spiders hitching a ride in the bags of grapes. Since we never really need as many as are in one of the mesh bags I always pick a small bunch from a bag with several. As a bonus, any spiders that might be hiding don't hitch a ride to our home!

We tend to get fruit flies in cycles. Right now I have a couple of should-have-been-used-for-bread bananas melting in a bowl on the counter. So far no flies. Better bake/pitch them before I get company. :ermm:

I knew there was a reason I don't buy grapes ;)

Good morning :)

We have a man coming over today to grind up the orange tree trunk and roots, so that is good, only charging $80 too, even better :)

Going out this morning to get some bread from the bakery and a few bits and pieces

Have you ever had the experience of patting one? Their fur is so soft and silky. How do I know? The Pirate got one for his 16th birthday from his girlfriend (who became his wife). Ain't love grand. :angel:

No, No, no and even HECK NO!!!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom