What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got back from lunch with dad.
I think I'll go out and shoot something.

No, no, no... those two sentences weren't related.
They were just what I did and what I was going to do now that I was back home.

I didn't feel like cooking, because I'm lazy and I didn't want to stress the inflamed wrist. We ordered pizza. Our power was out for a few hours. I didn't think about the fact that my doorbell wouldn't ring with no power. :ermm:

I heard the pizza guy through the kitchen window, which was wide open. If I hadn't, it would have been okay. My favourite nosy neighbour told the pizza guy that we were definitely home (she had heard us talking when she walked past our house) and she would go out the back and holler to us. I saw her at my patio door after I paid for the pizza. We got a little distracted by a smoke detector going off. Stirling took a shower with a candle on in the washroom and didn't put it out.

Had a lovely day. There was a nap, a good book, some nibblies, a great dinner of tenderloin and quinoa and salad and a lovely merlot. mmmmmmmmm

No, no, no... those two sentences weren't related.
They were just what I did and what I was going to do now that I was back home.

I thought maybe Dad was going to go out and shoot something with you. That's what happens in our family. Especially on holidays. We have a meal together, then we go shooting. It's just what we do. :D

I thought maybe Dad was going to go out and shoot something with you. That's what happens in our family. Especially on holidays. We have a meal together, then we go shooting. It's just what we do. :D

I wish he could go shooting with me, but I'm afraid he's at that frail stage. I'd love for him to shoot my WWII M1 Garand and Remington Rand 1911. Those are two weapons he had during the war, before he got a tommy gun when he became a scout. He'd probably get a kick out of them.

I wish he could go shooting with me, but I'm afraid he's at that frail stage. I'd love for him to shoot my WWII M1 Garand and Remington Rand 1911. Those are two weapons he had during the war, before he got a tommy gun when he became a scout. He'd probably get a kick out of them.

Last time my dad was here for a visit, he was able to shoot with my sons with the guns he gave them years ago. They used to be his, and instead of leaving them to the guys in his will, he gave them when he could enjoy seeing them enjoy them. I am really glad that he did that, because who knows, by the time dad passes away, someone may have tried to take those guns so that my sons and husband didn't get them, if you know what I mean...

Morning all! I've just finished #9 in the book series I'm reading and am fixing to start another one. Done some laundry, run the water distiller, tidied the kitchen a bit and started thinking about dinner. Have a date to go on a long ramble with Murray and his buddy Dallas (the cutest Australian shepherd ever!) and Dallas's owner who is a good friend of mine.

Things still to be done before that: showering, deciding on dinner (ravioli in marinara or meat sauce?), more laundry, tackle the dust bunnies and brush the dog again...the list could be endless, but that is my current schedule of events for this day off. I'd like to do some baking today too, but its heating up out there and unless I can figure out how to do it in my BBQ that isn't happening.

mmm, ravioli... What's in the filling, Alix?

I just finished lunch; two Canadian bacon sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom