What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just talked to my daughter. She goes for her next MRI in a week, then the next week she will see he doctor and get the results. We hope. As long as there is some swelling in her brain from the surgery, they will not give any definitive answers. It will be a year next month since we started on this journey. :angel:

Addie, my heart and prayers go out to you and your daughter. I know with my sister that each new test or appointment leaves you hoping and in limbo at the same time. It has been a long hard road for your family and it is time for some good news. :flowers:

Addie, my heart and prayers go out to you and your daughter. I know with my sister that each new test or appointment leaves you hoping and in limbo at the same time. It has been a long hard road for your family and it is time for some good news. :flowers:

Thank you LP. She had the surgery last August. They were able to remove 95% of the tumor. Then she went on the chemo. Every three months she goes for an MRI. The first one after she started the chemo they could tell that it was working and what had been left of the tumor was shrinking. Since then nothing. They keep telling her that they have to wait until all the swelling of the brain from the surgery has gone down completely. That doesn't make sense to me. But I say nothing to my daughter. Her spirits are high and I don't want to shake that. So I wait, and wait, and wait. I think it is about time I had a long talk with my son Poo. He did some extensive studying on the type of tumor and the chances of survival. I am one of those folks who want to know. I can't fight if I don't know who my enemy is. The chances of survival for the type of tumor she has is only 5%. I keep telling myself she is in that group. :angel:

I am watching the wind pick up outside. It hasn't blown like this in a long time. We've got one heckuva storm rolling in. I am hoping it finally disperses the weather pattern that's been hanging on here for a month.
And I'm hoping I don't lose my satellite TV... :angel:

I am watching the wind pick up outside. It hasn't blown like this in a long time. We've got one heckuva storm rolling in. I am hoping it finally disperses the weather pattern that's been hanging on here for a month.
And I'm hoping I don't lose my satellite TV... :angel:

Hey, I'm watching a storm too! Thunder, lightning, wind and rain! I don't have the TV on, so I'm not worried about the satellite going out. ?

Just chillin' as it's been a very, very hot day. I shouldn't complain because Glenn has spent most of the day on the tractor with the bush hog clearing the back fields. He's in the shower now I'm sure trying to feel human again.

Even though he was outside working and sweating he still took the time to hop on the four-wheeler and zip down to the lower edge of the pond to pick blackberries. Came in with nearly 5 cups. I picked some in the back yard near the field and clothesline and came up with a similar quantity. Yum! Looks like blackberry cobbler is in our future.

Just got home from a very long and arduous road trip. So glad to be home and in the A/C!

Just chillin' as it's been a very, very hot day. I shouldn't complain because Glenn has spent most of the day on the tractor with the bush hog clearing the back fields. He's in the shower now I'm sure trying to feel human again.

Even though he was outside working and sweating he still took the time to hop on the four-wheeler and zip down to the lower edge of the pond to pick blackberries. Came in with nearly 5 cups. I picked some in the back yard near the field and clothesline and came up with a similar quantity. Yum! Looks like blackberry cobbler is in our future.

;) :ermm: And you let him go into the shower alone? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom