What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or...you could come and work on my yard. It's only five acres. What do you think?

Five aces? Going by my latest time of 20 min/acre that should take about 1-1/2 hours plus 20 minutes for not having a pattern down yet :D
If I leave now I can be there by November :LOL:

Five aces? Going by my latest time of 20 min/acre that should take about 1-1/2 hours plus 20 minutes for not having a pattern down yet :D
If I leave now I can be there by November :LOL:

:ROFLMAO: won't need any mowing done in November, but if you have a plow......:neutral: :LOL:

I'm so happy your ordeal is done, and you're finally home, Dawg. Relax and take it easy for awhile. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Z you said it beautifully. +1

I am waiting for TB to come back from walking Violet as he is taking me to the store to get my asthma medication and a few groceries and I won't be able to drive for a few days.

I forgot a pot on the stove yesterday and it boiled dry. There was a little smoke but it was enough to set off my asthma full speed. I am having trouble breathing and cough even just walking.

So the rest of the day I will be resting, taking my medications and keeping as calm as I can. I was supposed to be baking and order for next week - a variety of loaves, muffins and squares for a tea but thankfully my neighbour is willing to step in. She has catering experience as well.

Z you said it beautifully. +1

I am waiting for TB to come back from walking Violet as he is taking me to the store to get my asthma medication and a few groceries and I won't be able to drive for a few days.

I forgot a pot on the stove yesterday and it boiled dry. There was a little smoke but it was enough to set off my asthma full speed. I am having trouble breathing and cough even just walking.

So the rest of the day I will be resting, taking my medications and keeping as calm as I can. I was supposed to be baking and order for next week - a variety of loaves, muffins and squares for a tea but thankfully my neighbour is willing to step in. She has catering experience as well.

Thanks LP!

Sounds like things have been hellacious for you, {{{{LP}}}}

I had some birthday money left so I treated myself and bought the "Ball American Heritage Collection" of blue canning jars. I love the color, so pretty. A local store had them on sale, so I lucked out on the price.

I had some birthday money left so I treated myself and bought the "Ball American Heritage Collection" of blue canning jars. I love the color, so pretty. A local store had them on sale, so I lucked out on the price.

That sounds wonderful. What are you going to can in them?

I have some rhubarb I have to use up so I will be putting some jam in the jars. I think I will take one of the jars and use it as a flower vase and put some daisy's in it. Should look pretty on the kitchen table.

I have some rhubarb I have to use up so I will be putting some jam in the jars. I think I will take one of the jars and use it as a flower vase and put some daisy's in it. Should look pretty on the kitchen table.

Mmmmmmmmm...rhubarb!

Oh, I think it would look lovely as a flower vase. I'd love to see a picture when you get some flowers. :)

If you have a little extra jam try these!

Jam Bars
½ cup light brown sugar
1 cup AP flour
1 cup rolled oats
½ t Baking Soda
1/8 t Salt
½ cup butter, at room temperature
½ cup jam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix brown sugar, flour, rolled oats, baking soda and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture. Press two cups of the mixture into the bottom of an 8X8 inch square pan. Spread jam almost to the edge of the base crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top and press lightly. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into 16 small bars.

Notes:
I sometimes add chopped nuts or coconut to the crumb mixture.

When the bars are cool spank a little powdered sugar on top.

Good morning everyone :)

I have been on the exercise bike, had a lovely hot shower and now time to head out as I need to get a few things from the shops

Thanks LP!

Sounds like things have been hellacious for you, {{{{LP}}}}

Thanks for the hugs, Dawg. I need them right now. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. The prednisone affects my moods and instead of making me slightly sedated, it sends me the other way. With my asthma attack I am supposed to rest but my mind is wanting me to get up and save the world! :LOL:

I have some crocheting and "Mama Mia" to keep me occupied for a few hours.

I just took the garbage out and saw where someone absconded with my old water heater that I took out earlier. They could have at least taken the cardboard box (the new one came in) away so it didn't blow away and not be taken away tomorrow in the wee hours. The numbskulls. Come to think of it they took the draft inducer, too. They don't think someone would throw away a good water heater do they?
The numbskulls.

If you have a little extra jam try these!

Jam Bars
½ cup light brown sugar
1 cup AP flour
1 cup rolled oats
½ t Baking Soda
1/8 t Salt
½ cup butter, at room temperature
½ cup jam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix brown sugar, flour, rolled oats, baking soda and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture. Press two cups of the mixture into the bottom of an 8X8 inch square pan. Spread jam almost to the edge of the base crust. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top and press lightly. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into 16 small bars.

Notes:
I sometimes add chopped nuts or coconut to the crumb mixture.

When the bars are cool spank a little powdered sugar on top.

Thank you so much for the recipe, I will be making these bars.

That's what you get for partying all night ;)

Maybe that's what happened...I don't remember. I do remember waking up and thinking I had slept all day until one in the afternoon. Had a mini panic attack and went back to sleep. It was a tough morning for trying to wake up.:sleep:

We call that a "bra and a cup day." Do I get dressed first or have a cup of coffee? To early to make decisions. :angel:

I don't shower and get dressed until I'm wide awake, about two hours after I stumble from bed. Too much cat hair and I hurt myself by walking into walls and falling in the shower.

I just took the garbage out and saw where someone absconded with my old water heater that I took out earlier. They could have at least taken the cardboard box (the new one came in) away so it didn't blow away and not be taken away tomorrow in the wee hours. The numbskulls. Come to think of it they took the draft inducer, too. They don't think someone would throw away a good water heater do they?
The numbskulls.

Maybe someone swiped it for scrap...

Back
Top Bottom