What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning/evening everyone :)

Lovely sunny day here and we are soon heading out to the garden to do some bits and pieces :)

TB and I are setting up my new "toy". An Asus Taichi! I wanted a new computer and a tablet, so I got a notebook with an attached tablet - when you open it it is a normal notebook but when you close it, the screen switches to the top and it is all touch screen! It also has a really good voice recognition software. I am so thrilled. It is a "gift" from my Dad from his estate. TB is getting a new BBQ tomorrow. We are not going crazy, but those were the two things each of us really wanted that we felt were practical.

So once the voice recognition is working I will be on here more and more :clap:

Nice LP! Have fun with your new toy!

I just finished listening to baseball online. After the Indians game (we won :) ) I listened to the end of the Red Sox game (sorry Andy) and then switched over to the SF Giants game as their pitcher was finishing up his game - a no hitter! Got to hear the last 1/2 inning, the important part.

If you're ever at a party with me just come and find me with all the guys talking sports. ;)

I had been awake since B4 5:00AM watching TV in bed because my throat is sore and I can't sleep. Just got dressed and now I'm having coffee in the kitchen. Going to check the Powerball numbers next. I'll let you know if I strike it rich.

I just finished watching Miracle again, then ran to the hardware store for something I needed.

Oh, and I also made two Egg McPacanis' using four pieces of Canadian bacon before that.

Trying to decide if I will accomplish anything today. No Farmer's Market this morning because the Missoula Marathon was running...Shrek is still watching CBS this Morning...

I've been tinkering with my latest pistol off and on today... well within the confines of my air-conditioning. It's brutal out there today.
I think I'll reheat some broccoli with cheese sauce for lunch.

Doing laundry and trying to get the house into some semblance of order. It's an exercise in futility.

Listening to baseball, trying to forget about my achy lower gut. Glad I have leftovers in the fridge so Himself can take care of his own supper later.

Andy, bet that throat wouldn't be hurting if you had won Powerball. Better luck next time - but I hope you win against the sore throat now!

I cut up a small piece of chuck into chili size bites and two large onions. I put the meat in a zippy with some seasoned flour and there it rests in the fridge. I am going to make some SOS with some mashed sweet potatoes for a side. I have been making a real concerted effort to get some veggies into me. More veggies, less meat. Right now I need a cup of coffee. :angel:

DH and I just got back from the pool. 2 glorious hours with no rugrats! And then the invasion.

Um, well I have done very little today. Britain is in the grip of a heat wave (30C today!) so that's my pathetic excuse for sitting around and watching TV (apart from a few light chores and making dinner). :ermm:

I am, of course, LOVING the heat wave! :)

We just got home from going up north for the weekend. Some good friends had their 30th wedding anniversary, we stood up for them at their wedding & them for us. Nice time but good to get home. Some disturbing news about a couple at a nearby lake. Terribly high winds came up with storm warnings. They decided to stay in the trailer house instead of trying to outrun the storm. They had hurricane straps on the trailer house. Needless to say the wind took it. The wife was in the bathtub & was killed, the husband stood in the doorway bracing himself & survived. Very sad. They were so much in love. He will be so lost without her. They both used to come to the pool where I go for water aerobics. She was only 53

We just got home from going up north for the weekend. Some good friends had their 30th wedding anniversary, we stood up for them at their wedding & them for us. Nice time but good to get home. Some disturbing news about a couple at a nearby lake. Terribly high winds came up with storm warnings. They decided to stay in the trailer house instead of trying to outrun the storm. They had hurricane straps on the trailer house. Needless to say the wind took it. The wife was in the bathtub & was killed, the husband stood in the doorway bracing himself & survived. Very sad. They were so much in love. He will be so lost without her. They both used to come to the pool where I go for water aerobics. She was only 53

Oh no. That is awful, SB.

Glad you're home and safe.

I'm watching BBQ Pitmasters. Their two meats were pork bellies and chicken wings. Sweet. And two teams just injected their wings... interesting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom