What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Relaxing.......haven't been home long from working at our car club's annual car show. We worked the food (who woulda thunk?). We grilled 400 cheeseburgers, smokies and hot dogs. We also grilled onions and had all the trimmings ready. We are pooped! But it was a beautiful day weather wise and we had fun!

Do you ever watch Braaimasters? (And that is not a cheeky question).

No, it's not on our "normal" TV. Maybe I can find it to stream. It sounds like something I'd like. There used to be an Australian grilling (BBQ, Braii) program on and it was pretty good.

Um, well I have done very little today. Britain is in the grip of a heat wave (30C today!) so that's my pathetic excuse for sitting around and watching TV (apart from a few light chores and making dinner). :ermm:

I am, of course, LOVING the heat wave! :)

I can totally understand why you love the heat, it gets so cold over ther, nice for you to have some warmth and sunshine :)

Some disturbing news about a couple at a nearby lake. Terribly high winds came up with storm warnings. They decided to stay in the trailer house instead of trying to outrun the storm. They had hurricane straps on the trailer house. Needless to say the wind took it. The wife was in the bathtub & was killed, the husband stood in the doorway bracing himself & survived. Very sad. They were so much in love. He will be so lost without her. They both used to come to the pool where I go for water aerobics. She was only 53

That is very sad indeed :(

SimonBaker, I am so sorry to hear such sad news. Having lived in Texas, tie downs don't always work they way they were intended to. :angel:

Today is the start of our third heat wave this month. Temps will be in the 90's for the next six days. The good news is that I am located only a block from the ocean and we have an easterly wind coming in from the Atlantic. So this area along the coast will only go to the high 80's. I still am not going out. :angel:

Supposed to get up to 91°F today and Shrek wants to go out...he's trying to kill me, I knew I shouldn't have told him about the life insurance...

Supposed to get up to 91°F today and Shrek wants to go out...he's trying to kill me, I knew I shouldn't have told him about the life insurance...

Spike keeps reminding me that he has my medical proxy. It states that either he or Poo gets to pull the plug. He also says he is going to have it laminated and carry it with him at all times. He is just waiting for that phone call.

Now if he should show up here first and find me deceased, he will take the KA mixer and food saver along with my electric slicer. Then he will notify whoever. Nice kid I have there. :angel:

Spike keeps reminding me that he has my medical proxy. It states that either he or Poo gets to pull the plug. He also says he is going to have it laminated and carry it with him at all times. He is just waiting for that phone call.

Now if he should show up here first and find me deceased, he will take the KA mixer and food saver along with my electric slicer. Then he will notify whoever. Nice kid I have there. :angel:

LOL!!!

That's funny. My guys have my stuff divvied up to. Youngest gets everything in the kitchen but my dehydrator. Oldest called dibs on that when he started to make his own jerky. The dogs get all my money. They beat the state to it first. They know how to dig and hide things better.
Beat them at their own game. Knowing them they won't be talking either. :ROFLMAO:

LOL!!!

That's funny. My guys have my stuff divvied up to. Youngest gets everything in the kitchen but my dehydrator. Oldest called dibs on that when he started to make his own jerky. The dogs get all my money. They beat the state to it first. They know how to dig and hide things better.
Beat them at their own game. Knowing them they won't be talking either. :ROFLMAO:

Did you ever see the show Frazier where Niles has little round stickers and puts them on all the things of Frazier's he wants in the event of Frazier's death? Well, one day Spike came in with a sheet of them. That child likes to flirt with death. :angel:

Just finished chopping up 3 pounds of bacon ends-and-pieces in 1-pound batches, then frying it. Then drained it and bagged it for the freezer.

Now I have enough bacon bits to make 3 batches of bacon-and-egg bread.

The chopping, cooking and draining of the bacon is the most tedious and messiest part of that bread and it occurred to me the other day that I could do a bunch of bacon at one time and freeze it. Sometimes I'm a little slow.

It was an enjoyable task today because I put on a collection of old Elvis music I got at a thrift store last week. The CDs had never been opened and I've been having a ball singing along.

Just finished chopping up 3 pounds of bacon ends-and-pieces in 1-pound batches, then frying it. Then drained it and bagged it for the freezer.

Now I have enough bacon bits to make 3 batches of bacon-and-egg bread.

The chopping, cooking and draining of the bacon is the most tedious and messiest part of that bread and it occurred to me the other day that I could do a bunch of bacon at one time and freeze it. Sometimes I'm a little slow.

It was an enjoyable task today because I put on a collection of old Elvis music I got at a thrift store last week. The CDs had never been opened and I've been having a ball singing along.

I bet it is a good feeling to have it done, and ready for when you need it. I bet your house smells good too!

I bet it is a good feeling to have it done, and ready for when you need it. I bet your house smells good too!

Yes, it smells heavenly and I have this uncontrollable desire for a BLT.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Plus, another benefit of doing this is that I will have some bacon grease to save for making cornbread and adding to green beans and/or black-eyed peas. The rest goes to the dog and our granddog who is visiting this week. Further goes to prove that it's nice to visit grandma and grandpa.:LOL:

Did you ever see the show Frazier where Niles has little round stickers and puts them on all the things of Frazier's he wants in the event of Frazier's death? Well, one day Spike came in with a sheet of them. That child likes to flirt with death. :angel:

LOL!

I did see that episode. Hilarious. Great show!
My youngest when he's kidding around talks intellectually straight faced just like Niles. Walks the walk to. All jittery. LOL! Makes me laugh so hard. I have to tell him to stop go to his room before he gives me a coronary.

Now they use my printable label maker. "Mine."
Relabeled. No it's NOT yours. Still the property of MOM!
The batteries have disappeared.:ermm:

Yes, it smells heavenly and I have this uncontrollable desire for a BLT.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Plus, another benefit of doing this is that I will have some bacon grease to save for making cornbread and adding to green beans and/or black-eyed peas. The rest goes to the dog and our granddog who is visiting this week. Further goes to prove that it's nice to visit grandma and grandpa.:LOL:

Oh I just love green beans cooked with the bacon grease. :yum:

Cleaning Poem
I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer "yes."​

He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.​

I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...