What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning :)

We hopefully have the handyman coming over today to relay some pavers...and of course it has been raining...it was perfectly sunny last Friday when he was meant to come!

I just thought it was not best to lay pavers when everything is wet or it is raining...but I could be wrong...hopefully!

Good morning Kylie and happy Monday! (I am an hour and a quarter away from Monday) :)

We had rain here today too. (Wow! Rain in England! Whatever next! :LOL:) And no, not a good plan to lay paving slabs (which I assume is what "pavers" are).

We're munching our way through some Camembert. It's still perfect, but by smell, it will be overripe soon. So we are forcing ourselves to finish it. ;)

Watching Firefly, have soup working on the stove. Going to go for a shower, finally, they've been doing laundry upstairs all day.

We're munching our way through some Camembert. It's still perfect, but by smell, it will be overripe soon. So we are forcing ourselves to finish it. ;)

TL, that sounds like quite the ordeal... all that lovely, er, I mean abominable, cheese... awful... :-p

This thread can include non-food related stuff right?

So apart from a pork triumph today, I also had a stab at re-covering the seat of an old chair. I have long wanted to try my hand at re-upholstery and I found a suitable chair a few weeks ago. It is old but not antique. (So good for "playing" with.) The chair only cost £5 ($7.50) (Aus$8.30) :)

Watching Firefly, have soup working on the stove. Going to go for a shower, finally, they've been doing laundry upstairs all day.

Firefly. I just discovered this gem last year. What a crying shame this show didn't take off (excuse the pun). A western set in a sci fi world. What is not to love about this? Loved the writing, loved the actors, loved the show.

Firefly. I just discovered this gem last year. What a crying shame this show didn't take off (excuse the pun). A western set in a sci fi world. What is not to love about this? Loved the writing, loved the actors, loved the show.

I drive Shrek mad by saying lines before the actor does. I've lost count how many times I've seen all the episodes. I will watch anything created by Joss Whedon, last night it was Dollhouse. If you don't know about Joss Whedon, I can point you in the right direction to find all the stuff he has done. If you do know about him...he's way cool, huh?:)

I drive Shrek mad by saying lines before the actor does. I've lost count how many times I've seen all the episodes. I will watch anything created by Joss Whedon, last night it was Dollhouse. If you don't know about Joss Whedon, I can point you in the right direction to find all the stuff he has done. If you do know about him...he's way cool, huh?:)
tumblr_mkos6iqjNS1qz4si8o1_500.jpg

Joss Whedon is, without doubt, way cool! :cool:

(I was besotted with Angel back in the day.)

Hm... this makes me wonder, what if I said "Farscape" to you? :alien:

Good morning Kylie and happy Monday! (I am an hour and a quarter away from Monday) :)

We had rain here today too. (Wow! Rain in England! Whatever next! :LOL:) And no, not a good plan to lay paving slabs (which I assume is what "pavers" are).

Thanks Katy :)

No way, you cant be having rain over in the UK surely :ROFLMAO:

I love the rain, I have always said to Steve I was born in the wrong country...it should have been the UK :)

Thanks Katy :)

No way, you cant be having rain over in the UK surely :ROFLMAO:

I love the rain, I have always said to Steve I was born in the wrong country...it should have been the UK :)

Yes. My gorgeous heatwave is over. :cry:

But I have loved two solid weeks of sun! :mrgreen:

On the other hand, I do love all the greenery in the summer in Britain. (Two visits to southern Arizona have cured me of any notions of wanting sun ALL the time.) New York was different - their weather is as ridiculous and changeable as ours - I felt really at home there! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom