What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am enjoying the quiet here this morning. I had lots of company last week. Six extra people for a good part of the week, and then the boys stayed on for a few more days. My grandsons ended up staying here for a total of ten days. I'm too old for this! They went home on Saturday, and then Sunday was Hubby's birthday so we spent the day together and ended the day with grilled steaks, sweet corn, sweet potato fries, green beans, and wine. Today is quiet. Just me and the dogs. I haven't gotten dressed yet, but when I do we will take a nice walk.

Chops, it sounds like a full house last week, bet it is so nice and peaceful now for you :)

Lovely that you had your grandsons for a while though, as tiring as it must be, bet you loved every minute of it :)

When my mum used to look after my 2 nephews for the weekend, she used the say the same thing "I'm too old for this" :LOL: but she loved it really :)

I've been sitting outside on the new storage bench TB put together on Saturday, talking to my upstairs neighbour, watching Violet check out her territory and enjoying my new solar kaleidoscope lights. I will try to get a photo of them tomorrow night. My camera batteries are charging.

It is so peaceful and beautiful here. I need to take advantage of it more often.

Well, I just need to make TB's lunch for tomorrow and then it is bedtime.

Would love to see a photo, yes please Laurie :)

Have a lovely sleep :)

I am just waiting on a couple of handymen to arrive to give us some quotes on a couple of things...one should be here any minute, so I better get going

I have two pantries and a hall closet to go through, getting rid of anything that has not been used in the last 6 months. I'm in a tossing out mood.

Run Shrek run!!!!!!!!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

And Himself wonders WHY I am always laughing out loud. It's because I'm here at the DC Sit-down Comedy Club again! :LOL:

I'm heading to bed after staying up MUCH TOO LATE again. I wanted to be up early to do some weeding before I shower and head out to do a couple things. At almost 4:30AM eastern time not sure any of that is happening. I must be mashugana. :LOL:

The two handymen only arrived at near enough the same time :LOL:

One came about 30 minutes earlier, good on him! :rolleyes:

Anyway, we got 2 quotes, one better than the other...just waiting on one more quote this week and then we will decide :)

Time to go and watch some Masterchef now :)

And Himself wonders WHY I am always laughing out loud. It's because I'm here at the DC Sit-down Comedy Club again! :LOL:

I'm heading to bed after staying up MUCH TOO LATE again. I wanted to be up early to do some weeding before I shower and head out to do a couple things. At almost 4:30AM eastern time not sure any of that is happening. I must be mashugana. :LOL:

Shrek is used daily, ask him, he'll tell you all about it.:LOL: But Aunt Bea is sure funny!

As for mashugana, I think we all have a touch of that.:wacko:

I'm sitting here trying to get up the courage to call the vet. Violet is in a lot of pain in her hips and her breathing is shallow. She won't get off her bed to go outside or eat. I don't want to see her suffer of course, but flashes of Joie are going through my head - I can't lose them both in such a short period of time.

I am sure she will be okay, but she is my baby. Wish me luck everyone.

I know it's hard, Laurie, but she's depending on you to take care of her. We're going to go through this pretty soon with our 13-year-old black Lab. Be strong.

I'm sitting here trying to get up the courage to call the vet. Violet is in a lot of pain in her hips and her breathing is shallow. She won't get off her bed to go outside or eat. I don't want to see her suffer of course, but flashes of Joie are going through my head - I can't lose them both in such a short period of time.

I am sure she will be okay, but she is my baby. Wish me luck everyone.
(((Hugs))) and (((gentle hugs))) to Violet. Good luck at the vet. I hope Violet feels much better soon.

Awww, Violet, hope you feel better soon, gentle {{{{hugs}}}} for you and your Mom!

Thanks, everyone. We go to the vet in two hours. We are going to the new one near us.

She got up, had a little of her breakfast - thankfully the part with her pills. She is following me around the house, lying on whatever bed or carpet is closest to me (she has a bed or mat in every room except the bathrooms and kitchen ;)).

Now I am hunting down the xrays taken of her hips and the info on what shots, etc. she has had.

Oh, good news for me, the pollen index is down for today and even though the sun is shining bright, it isn't as hot so my asthma is doing well.

I guess signing up for the Y will wait one more day - my darling mutt is much more important right now.

I am sure she will be okay, but she (Violet) is my baby. Wish me luck everyone.

Good luck LP. ((hugs)) Hope it's nothing serious and the vet can fix her up like new. It's hard on a person when their furkid gets sick. :(

I'm going to hop in the shower, make myself fit for going in public, then do the errands I didn't do yesterday. Never got out to weed since my ankles were so sore from everything I did yesterday. I've gotten to the point where if I work hard one day I have to rest hard the next. Spending money isn't hard work. :LOL: Besides, I have to hit the Adult Beverages store while the tequila is on sale WITH a rebate. With all the margarita talk around here (I'm looking at you taxy...) I'm getting the 1.75 liter bottle. That and a couple dozen limes later this week should last us a little while. If I suddenly disappear from DC could one of you please send AA to our house for an intervention??? :ermm:

I hope it's nothing serious, LP.

Man, what haven't I done today?
The big project though was picking up the items I need to put my mailbox back up; 7 ft of 4" steam pipe and 160 lbs of concrete... yep, this one won't get knocked over so easy by the plows in the winter or the grape picker just yesterday :devilish:

The big project though was picking up the items I need to put my mailbox back up; 7 ft of 4" steam pipe and 160 lbs of concrete... yep, this one won't get knocked over so easy by the plows in the winter or the grape picker just yesterday :devilish:

+1 more, LP.

So, Pac, if we hear a great big BOINGGGGG down here, we'll know your new box is still standing. :D

Pac,

If that doesn't work try a pipe in a pipe, so that when a plow hits the box it will push to the side, instead of getting knocked down.
Sort of like this one.
frontphotoorg.jpg

When I was a kid we had one and it worked great. It also had a red ball that sat on a bracket on the door. If the ball was dangling by it's chain we could tell if the mailman had already arrived. It saved a lot of wasted trips to check the mail, we were sort of lazy, still are! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, Bea, that's a great idea. I wish I had seen this before buying the pipe and cement mix. I could have even made it spring loaded so the mailbox returns where it's supposed to be... My thinking was more along the lines of making the post something you would not want to hit. Especially because I know the farmers aren't going to like where I put it.

Thanks everyone for your concern for my furbaby

Violet is getting old and her arthritis is getting worse. Sounds like the same diagnosis I received not long ago :ermm:

The new vet is so nice, so gentle and Violet was terrified of him! But then she has only ever been to one vet clinic and everyone knew her and was friends with her. Here they had a cat that paid no never-mind to Violet and she couldn't figure it out. She loves cats.

Anyway, he put her on a new medication, tramadol (which I have taken) and another liquid one to help reduce inflammation and pain. He wants her to be walked - no running - which will be a tall order for TB because she wants to run the moment she gets out the door and we will be starting her on a new food that is for mobility in older animals. It is so hard to think of her as "old", but she just turned 9 and is considered a medium to large dog. She also has to lose some weight. Oh, and the final mission impossible is to get her to not jump up onto anything - the bed, the couches, the bench outside so she can see over the fence, etc.

We will do all this for 2 weeks and take her back in. If she is still having troubles they will take new xrays and go from there.

I am relieved because I was expecting worse. I am glad he is taking an interest in her case. They have ordered her file to be sent over and I believe we will stay with him. It is closer for both Violet and I and they are smaller so give better hands on care.

Violet is taking a well earned nap. "Mom" is looking at her dwindling bank balance. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom