What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is 6:40 a.m. and I am sitting here shivering with the window open and my nose running. No wonder, it is 61ºF. outside and the breeze is blowing right in on me. I can either close the window or get out the shawl again. Doesn't Mother Nature know it is August? I went for the shawl. :angel:

50F here. Yesterday at the fruit stand they told me it was a bad year for zucchini because of the cold nights. It felt like August a month ago and now it feels like September.

50F here. Yesterday at the fruit stand they told me it was a bad year for zucchini because of the cold nights. It felt like August a month ago and now it feels like September.

I have to admit, I am not heartbroken at all over the loss of the zucchini crop this year or any other year. :angel:

The Today show has been running a tease for a segment on lab grown meat.

I don't think I will ever be ready for ground meat that has been produced in a test tube.

Maybe it's time to start rereading those dusty vegetarian cookbooks! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It says right in our lease that the public bulletin boards are for posting community events only. For personal postings there is a board in the Community Room for such postings. And it is loaded with such religious postings. I have no problem with them. So these are in violation of our lease. It is just that no one has the guts to do anything about the violators. I have been removing them. Technically, even the thank you notes from those that have lost a loved one are in violation, but considering all, let it be. Sometimes you have to close both eyes. :angel:

Many people consider church events to be community events.

Unless people are posting these notices on your door, they're not ramming anything down your throat. The notices are obviously not intended for you personally. As Pac noted, though, your sig contradicts your complaint.

Our high this year has only been 94, we usually have a long spell where it is near or over 100 for quite a while. We've seen mostly 80's this summer and I'm not complaining!

Yes, bakechef, it's been an enjoyable July/August so far.
Maybe we are going through a global cooling spell :LOL:

We're experiencing the same type of weather. It definitely felt like a fall day yesterday. I don't miss the humidity (and heat), but the garden sure isn't producing like it normally would be at this time. We've also had rain more days than not. Hard to believe we were in a level 2 drought at this time last year.

Our weather has been cooler than normal here too, I'm not complaining.

I placed an online order with Eddie Bauer for a couple pairs of jeans this morning (buy one, get 2nd 50% off), and shortly after, got the mail, which included an EB catalog offering free shipping, and an EB Friends reward certificate for $5. I called customer service, and they went ahead and applied the free shipping and certificate to my order! I love good customer service!

I'm counting down til I have to leave for work. Contemplating whether or not my back hurts enough to merit some kind of drug intervention. So far...nope.

What happened?
Power is out here and at least as far as 10 km away. A lot of hydro electric equipment was damaged by forest fires, so this is the fourth power outage this summer. That's a lot and unusual.

I phoned Hydro Quebec, but the volume of calls is so high that they aren't giving the messages about when power is expected back.

I just configured my laptop as an "allowed device" on my phone when it is being a WiFi hotspot. w00t!

Hope you get your power back soon.

Good job re hotspot! I've been able to use my phone as a hotspot for iPad, but need to figure out how to use it for the PC. Can't get it to show up. A friend was able to use her phone hotspot for all her computers, and apparently saves a lot of money that way, but she's out of the country right now, so I can't ask her what she did.

Last edited:
Hope you get your power back soon.

Good job re hotspot! I've been able to use my phone as a hotspot for iPad, but need to figure out how to use it for the PC. Can't get it to show up.

I had to tell the phone to allow all devices. Then it worked. It also picked up the MAC number from the PC and then I gave it my PC's name.

The power is out because of a lightening strike in Churchill Falls. There is a major transmission line there. Over 400,000 people are without power.

I had to tell the phone to allow all devices. Then it worked. It also picked up the MAC number from the PC and then I gave it my PC's name.

The power is out because of a lightening strike in Churchill Falls. There is a major transmission line there. Over 400,000 people are without power.

Wow! Glad you got your new gas grill!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom