What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, and I'm personally goofing off. Again. :ermm: I'm really good at that! But I better get off DC and go do more work in the basement. I swept it all out yesterday; Himself just came up and said "wow, is the basement clean!" Wonder what his reaction will be when I actually DO clean it! :LOL:

Glenn and I just returned from a 9-day northern Minnesota vacation. Beautiful and restful. No Internet. No nothing but beautiful scenery and perfect weather.

I've finally finished cropping and editing the 65 pictures we took. I somehow managed to miss packing our good camera and ended up having to use the one in my cell phone. It took surprisingly good photos. I'll share a few here.

The first one is the lakeside of my aunt and uncle's log home. Fabulous house. We hated to leave.

The second one is what they see from the big windows. The lake is pristine and only a few feet from the house. They have a gorgeous sandy path about 100 feet long that leads to the water.

The last one is of the water. What you're viewing is a portion of the water about 2- to 3-feet deep near the dock. It's as clear as drinking water. Unbelievable.
Gorgeous. Being MN born and bred, curious which lake this was...sounds like Cass. The pictures have me longing for Lake of the Woods. Can't afford another trip to MN right now.

Welcome back Katie! What a delightful setting to vacation at. I bet the water is that super clean because it's so cold no one dangles their feet into it! :LOL:

I loved the clear water. If I hadn't seen it myself I would never have believed it. As for being in it, yes. Lots of swimming, water skiing, jet skiing, etc. A real pleasure.

Well don't stand over him and make him nervous, lol.
BTW, you filled the propane bottle, right?

I just got back from grocery shopping. The more the afternoon went on, the less I felt like having nachos for dinner.

Well don't stand over him and make him nervous, lol.
BTW, you filled the propane bottle, right?

I just got back from grocery shopping. The more the afternoon went on, the less I felt like having nachos for dinner.
I'm not standing over him. I am nearby if he needs anything, like another glass of water.

Filled the propane bottle? Bought a brand new one. When it's empty you return it and they give you a full one for about $30.

Just returned home from the grocery shopping...always good to get that out of the way...dont mind doing it, just prefer to be doing other things!

Time to get stuck into a pile or ironing now...someone has to do it....right!

Just returned home from the grocery shopping...always good to get that out of the way...dont mind doing it, just prefer to be doing other things!

Time to get stuck into a pile or ironing now...someone has to do it....right!

I'm not particularly fond of any kind of shopping but I truly love to iron. Always have and spent some time this afternoon ironing all the now-clean shirts Glenn wore on our vacation. 'Bout a half dozen and several of mine. for some reason ironing always relaxes me and gives me a visible feeling of accomplishment. Yep, I'm weird.

I'm not particularly fond of any kind of shopping but I truly love to iron. Always have and spent some time this afternoon ironing all the now-clean shirts Glenn wore on our vacation. 'Bout a half dozen and several of mine. for some reason ironing always relaxes me and gives me a visible feeling of accomplishment. Yep, I'm weird.

Great! I'm sending some clothes your way. I'm a member of the sisterhood of the traveling pants that need ironing. I ordered a couple pairs of dress pants, and they've traveled from the bed to the dresser to the spare room. Hopefully they'll land on the ironing board at some point in time. I need to fire up the iron.

Last edited:

I think Addie likes to iron too...you guys must find it relaxing :)

Glad to hear that the new debit card will work Addie.

:angel: :angel: (2, 'cause I forgot last reply))

Thank you. With all the good news she got from her last MRI, those angels seem to be really watching over her and taking care of her. Thank you all. I find that I am not having as many sad and worried moments as before. :angel:

I think Addie likes to iron too...you guys must find it relaxing :)

I do enjoy ironing. Like Katie said, it is very relaxing. I set up my old wooden ironing board and just wander into my own little world. I can daydream as long as I am ironing. Sometimes I will have my music on like Les Miserables and sing right along. Ironing gives me a sense of accomplishment when I look at all that I have done. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom