What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go for it SB! It's a blast. My "C" card is from 1974 and there is NO way I would go out without a refresher course, but I still have that card in my wallet. Took the classes when I was single just in case I ever took a trip somewhere dive-able. My only open-water experience was in a quarry for my certification. :LOL: It was still a lot of fun.

We have been out at the shops, it has been nice!

I love going to the shops with Steve as he always buys me things :)

Came home and Steve made a sweet shortcrust pastry for our custard tart...looking forward to that for dessert tonight :)

About to start prepping for dinner, we are having Butter Chicken :yum:

I knew some guys that scuba dived and they said it was a lot of fun. They would plan vacations around spots to dive, shipwrecks or where ever.

Have just had a lovely shower, time to blow dry my hair and then wait for the man to come and put up our new side gate :)

This afternoon mum came over for coffee and a chat :)

For dinner we had some lovely crumbed whiting fillets and potato wedges :yum:

Now going to watch some TV

While watching "The Chew", the show was interrupted (no big deal, it looked like a rerun) for the news that a verdict is in for a very long trial that has been going on in Boston for weeks and weeks. It will be nice when this is all over...

While watching "The Chew", the show was interrupted (no big deal, it looked like a rerun) for the news that a verdict is in for a very long trial that has been going on in Boston for weeks and weeks. It will be nice when this is all over...

The trial started in Mid June. There were 69 counts. 19 of them were murder charges. He was found "guilty" on 11 of those. The rest the jury was unable to reach a decision as to guilt or innocent. So they came back with "No Finding." Of the rest of the 69 charges, one came back "Not Guilty." It took the jury five days to reach a verdict.

Was this trial important to the nation? I would have to say "Yes." Organized crime has seen the last of its days.

And no it is not over. There are appeals on each and every guilty finding. :angel:

I was just reading in a food magazine about sprinkling (on top) some flaky or coarse sea salt to some unexpected foods:

grapefruit--I already do this
lemon bars
milkshakes
pears
oatmeal
chocolate chip cookies
ice cream
fudge pops
toast with jam
applesauce
chocolate pudding
watermelon--I already do
around the rim on a glass of beer

Do you put salt on anything unusual?

This morning I am going to have an upper abdomen ultrasound so I cant eat or drink!

I must say I am missing having my morning coffee and I am here...only have to wait till 8.30am, so an hour and a half to go ;)

I was just reading in a food magazine about sprinkling (on top) some flaky or coarse sea salt to some unexpected foods:

lemon bars
milkshakes
pears
oatmeal
chocolate chip cookies
ice cream
fudge pops
toast with jam
applesauce
chocolate pudding
watermelon--I already do

As far as putting salt on unexpected or unusual foods, I almost always add a smidgen or a pinch of salt to many sweets. The tiniest addition of salt to something as seemingly-mundane a recipe as powdered sugar icing makes a huge difference in how the general flavor "pops." I can see the point in adding it to the items you listed.

I had 3/4 of a cantaloupe that I needed to do something with. I bought it at the farmer's market last weekend and it was unexpectedly bland. The stem end smelled nice and sweet but no flavor. So I made it into a minty granita. I've never made granita before. Hopefully this will come out well.

Attachments

• 2013-08-12 16.30.38.jpg
    2013-08-12 16.30.38.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 2013-08-12 16.36.55.jpg
    2013-08-12 16.36.55.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 192
Just finished making this recipe for Spicy Black-Eyed Peas. It's a REAL keeper. I love black-eyed peas and was in the mood for some with a little more zip than the normal way I prepare them. These are super and the only change I made, not really a change in my book, is that I used ancho chili powder instead of plain old "chili" powder. Yum, double yum. Lots to have for tonight's supper and three containers to put in the freezer...if they even make it there.:ohmy::rolleyes:

I had 3/4 of a cantaloupe that I needed to do something with. I bought it at the farmer's market last weekend and it was unexpectedly bland. The stem end smelled nice and sweet but no flavor. So I made it into a minty granita. I've never made granita before. Hopefully this will come out well.

Looks delish. We make homemade cantaloupe ice cream, which probably wouldn't be too much different. That's really good, also.

We had our new side gate put up yesterday, it is great...unlike the other one that wouldn't open and shut anymore, well chuffed :)

That is interesting JoAnn :)

I do know that chocolate, especially dark chocolate, goes well with salt :)

lemon bars
milkshakes
pears
oatmeal
chocolate chip cookies
ice cream
fudge pops
toast with jam
applesauce
chocolate pudding
watermelon--I already do

I hope it all turned out well for you GG, sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom