What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grew up in central New York and we had eavestroughs and downspouts.

:LOL: We called 'em eavestroughs and downspouts too! Of course, having a Canadian mother and living close to the border may have had something to do with that.

And I've sat on many davenports and chesterfields (not just the cigarettes). Wearing my toque.

Just picked a bunch more green beans, IMHO, bush green beans give the best bang for the buck, you don't get tired of them like zucchini, and they keep on producing all summer.

Last edited:
But, DL, did you ever wear stanfields?

Anyone know what a two-four is? Hoser? Double double?

Can't say as I had, I'm half American. Did love the McKenzie brothers, who mentioned hoser a lot. (and weren't really Canadian, but pretty funny)

Whadya mean, weren't really Canadian. Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis are both Canadian.

Huh. You're right, TL, thought I'd read something that they weren't. That was way back in the day.

Last edited:
But, DL, did you ever wear stanfields?

Anyone know what a two-four is? Hoser? Double double?

Two-four? How about a 40 pounder? Screech anyone? Pogey?

And Aunt Bea, we got rid of JB, he's yours to keep now. I've often wondered, if JB is known as the Beebs, what is the short form of Michael Buble's name?

Two-four? How about a 40 pounder? Screech anyone? Pogey?

And Aunt Bea, we got rid of JB, he's yours to keep now. I've often wondered, if JB is known as the Beebs, what is the short form of Michael Buble's name?
Screech and Pogey, I know. But a 40 pounder? Is that like a 40 ouncer?

How about a Quebec term, "dep"?

They sound fantastic, Addie.

Pac, I am not much of a person for using boxed foods. But I do have to say that of all the ones on the shelf, Duncan Hines got it right. Any time I have used one of their products, it was moist and had a lot of flavor. And they have not reduced the amount of their product in the box. If it says 24 cupcakes, you will get 24 cupcakes.

I would rather cook from scratch. I live alone and unless I am making something special for one of my kids, my cooking is all from scratch. My two most requested recipes are an apple pie and the Hershey's chocolate cake. I do cheat on the pie crust. I buy the premade. My supermarket does carry the Pillsbury brand, but they have one that is made in Mexico and has more flavor. It also is cheaper and slightly larger than Pillsbury. So that is my cooking sin. :angel:

Right now I am fighting to stay alert. I took my meds and sure enough my blood pressure crashed. It is so low, it won't even register on my BP machine. I was going to call 911, but slowly I can feel it coming back up. I wish I knew what I could do when this happens. Fortunately Spike was here with me and stayed until I felt a little better.

I have mentioned this problem to my doctor. So whoopee! He lowered my BP med by a half of pill. I have more or less changed my diet and am not eating all those foods with a lot of fat. It wasn't a deliberate change. I just prefer veggie salad to fatty meats. And I am eating less that I used to. And the weight is coming off about two pounds a month.

I am going to stop taking my BP meds and not even tell the doctor. I can't keep doing this. My instructions were to check my BP before I take my meds. If my pressure is low, don't take the BP meds. Well, I did check my BP before I took my meds and it was 120/60. That is a very good BP.

Okay. I am feeling better and time to read some of the postings. I need to get some water in me and eat. :angel:

I'm drinking coffee and trying to wake up, so I can get ready for Danish Club Lunch. I can hardly wait to see CWS again and get that hug from PF.

I have to do some minor cleaning. The place is a sty and it won't be good, but I don't want CWS to be scared to sit down. :ohmy::ermm:
It was great to see TL again and get that hug from PF! And, TL, I had a hard time peeling myself away, I wish I could've stayed the night. Maybe next time or you can come here for a cook-a-thon. I know we could have a lot of fun in the kitchen together, especially if you teach me how to make the perfect margarita!

I got my scan results back...all clear, no problems at all with anything in my upper abdomen YAY!!

Next thing, is to have an endoscophy

Just got the news, one of our nurses lost her fight with cancer tonight. She was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and it was all through her. G'night Ginny! I'll miss you.

This afternoon I did a heap of ironing, now about to get tea organized, we are having Spaghetti Bolognese :yum:

It is pouring with rain, loving it :)

Just got the news, one of our nurses lost her fight with cancer tonight. She was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and it was all through her. G'night Ginny! I'll miss you.

Sorry for your loss PF.
bighug.gif
Two weeks - wow. Not even enough time to balance a checkbook...

Wow, that was fast. Just two weeks... sad.

Yesterday I got a Beagle back to her owners. I heard her baying out back and while I was brush hogging back there I saw her. She came up to me with a little coaxing and I slipped my belt over her head and called her owner (she had a tag on). Poor old girl was all cut up in the face from chasing bunnies. She had been missing a few hours and was whooped. I swear Beagles have the most tenacity of any breed.
Then just twenty minutes later someone stopped who was missing his dog. He had two, but found the one an the RR tracks...

Back
Top Bottom