What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I picked up a new cell phone today. I'm trying it out while viewing the online manual.
No more smart phone. I am knocking 40 bucks off my monthly bill (at least) and it looks like the only thing I will miss is a good camera.

I'm sitting on the front porch enjoying the beautiful weather - 78 degrees, sunny, with a light breeze - and a glass of wine, kitty at my side. DH just left for a game of golf with friends. I may head downtown for a First Friday concert, or I may head to the backyard to weed some more and plan what will go into the raised garden DH is building.

It's so gorgeous I don't really want to move.

How was the resort, PF? Didja get rich?

I just got home from another out of town meeting. TGIF!

It was very nice and the staff were terrific. We lost $15...:rolleyes: We finally decided to take a lake cruise and the weather turned bad, lightning and rain, no boat, darn. Next vacation, we go up the other side of the lake.:)

I just finished slicing up my beef and wrapping it with plastic wrap. It's freezing right now and I'll stick the individual steaks in a FS bag tomorrow or the day after. Gawd I need a bigger kitchen.

Where's the Mexican sombrero icon???
Here you go,
fiesta.gif

We might have Margaritas for dessert. :rolleyes: :pig:

It was very nice and the staff were terrific. We lost $15...:rolleyes: We finally decided to take a lake cruise and the weather turned bad, lightning and rain, no boat, darn. Next vacation, we go up the other side of the lake.:)

Glad you had fun! $15, wow, you and Shrek are big spenders! I don't gamble anymore, I find it works better if I just drop my money off the gambling boat deck directly into the river.

Last edited:
Glad you had fun! $15, wow, you and Shrek are big spenders! I don't gamble anymore, I find it works better if I just drop my money off the gambling boat deck directly into the river.

That's how I feel about it. I stood behind Shrek and egged him on when he was $70 ahead...should've stayed quiet. :ermm: :LOL::ROFLMAO: Cheap entertainment for a little bit and it's out of our system for a while. I was even boozing it up two nights in a row...had a gin and tonic one night, the next had a whiskey sour (and remembered why I don't like them) and another G&T. That's got me held for another 6 months or so.:)

Gee, the one time I went to Vegas, I went with $100 to gamble with and came home with $115.00. All I did was play the slots. :angel:

Nice little profit!

Up at 2 am, couldn't sleep. Maybe I will go back to bed around 5 for a couple of hours.

Nice little profit!

Up at 2 am, couldn't sleep. Maybe I will go back to bed around 5 for a couple of hours.

:sleep: One of the benefits of being retired, I can sleep any time I want or stay up all night. I can do the dishes at 3 a.m. or even vacuum. But when you have to go to work the next day, not being able to sleep really screws you up. Fortunately for you this happened on the weekend. Do you want me to sing you a lullaby like I used to for my babies? When they wouldn't sleep and were cranky, I would sit in my baby rocking chair and softly hum them to sleep. It worked every time. :angel:

Just got done watching our newest obsession: Cutthroat Kitchen. DH even abandoned the US Open as well as the Iowa Hawkeyes to watch it. Now off to water the parched plants.

Last edited:
I just finished eating two Canadian bacon sandwiches. Earlier I made the rounds to a couple grocery stores, which of course were packed being Saturday afternoon. And now I am watching what is fast becoming a stupid movie regardless of its cast.

I just finished eating two Canadian bacon sandwiches. Earlier I made the rounds to a couple grocery stores, which of course were packed being Saturday afternoon. And now I am watching what is fast becoming a stupid movie regardless of its cast.

Would that movie be called Pain and Gain? This is not an endorsement, do not waste your money on this movie...it is terrible.

"The Big Year". It's about bird watching. I keep waiting for it to break loose and become a really good movie. I mean; Steve Martin, Owen Wilson, Jack Black... but nooooo. Nothing better on though. I don't get into college ball.

"The Big Year". It's about bird watching. I keep waiting for it to break loose and become a really good movie. I mean; Steve Martin, Owen Wilson, Jack Black... but nooooo. Nothing better on though. I don't get into college ball.

Bummer. I'd heard good things about it.

Back
Top Bottom