What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got off the phone with my girlfriend in Atlanta. Once again we solved all the problems of the world except the Middle East. There is no solution for that area. Their problems have been going on since the days of the Bible. She is all out of her Parm and Romano chunks of cheese. So I will have to send her more next month. Just in time for the holidays. For her to buy it down there we priced both of them at $25.00 a pound. The Romano slightly more. I can send her a good size chunk of both for less including postage than it would cost her for just one.

Time for me to get out into the kitchen and get the sink empty. Why, oh why, do I let it go like I do? It only takes me ten minutes to get the whole kitchen clean. Maybe later. I need a nap right after I watch the news. :angel:

I just returned another lost pet to its owner.
I had just finished watching a documentary on Canada... at least it was almost historically correct, it had the beaver, the tall trees, the blizzard, the snowshoes and the toboggan, but it was missing the canoe :huh: Anyway, I had just finished watching Woman Obsessed and was outside when a pitbull came into the yard. I've returned him a few times before in the last couple years, so he came right over to me and I put him in the yard while I tracked the owners' phone number down. Not easy to do on a Sunday, even having the license tags, but I knew they didn't live far and I knew they drove a van with a business name on the side, so I gave the phone book a shot linking the last name and a nearby road.
After the woman told me he was in the bedroom, went to check on him and then came back and said he was theirs, she was down here in five minutes. I probably should have kept him. I've been looking for another dog.

I just returned another lost pet to its owner.
I had just finished watching a documentary on Canada... at least it was almost historically correct, it had the beaver, the tall trees, the blizzard, the snowshoes and the toboggan, but it was missing the canoe :huh: Anyway, I had just finished watching Woman Obsessed and was outside when a pitbull came into the yard. I've returned him a few times before in the last couple years, so he came right over to me and I put him in the yard while I tracked the owners' phone number down. Not easy to do on a Sunday, even having the license tags, but I knew they didn't live far and I knew they drove a van with a business name on the side, so I gave the phone book a shot linking the last name and a nearby road.
After the woman told me he was in the bedroom, went to check on him and then came back and said he was theirs, she was down here in five minutes. I probably should have kept him. I've been looking for another dog.

what are your thoughts about the breed, pac?

They make great pets, but like any terrier (Yorkie, Rat, Min Schnauzer, Jack Russel), they have a high prey drive towards other animals.

They make great pets, but like any terrier (Yorkie, Rat, Min Schnauzer), they have a high prey drive towards other animals.

I can't stand terriers. All the ones I've known yip loudly, jump on everything and everyone and are destructive. My MIL's dog ate my carry-on bag, my friend's dog scratches my legs, and my neighbor's dogs follow me along the fence line barking. Give me my sweet, well-trained black Lab any day.

I guess this should go in the petty vent thread :)

I can't stand terriers. All the ones I've known yip loudly, jump on everything and everyone and are destructive. My MIL's dog ate my carry-on bag, my friend's dog scratches my legs, and my neighbor's dogs follow me along the fence line barking. Give me my sweet, well-trained black Lab any day.

I guess this should go in the petty vent thread :)
Sounds as if your friends' and MIL's terriers were not well trained. Ninety-five percent of inappropriate behaviours in dogs is because the owner has not spent time rewarding the dog for appropriate behaviour. A well-trained black Lab could be a very destructive dog (chewer) without an owner who spent the time training the dog. Dogs don't train themselves. When casting blame, one needs to look at the other end of the leash as well.

Sounds as if your friends' and MIL's terriers were not well trained. Ninety-five percent of inappropriate behaviours in dogs is because the owner has not spent time rewarding the dog for appropriate behaviour. A well-trained black Lab could be a very destructive dog (chewer) without an owner who spent the time training the dog. Dogs don't train themselves. When casting blame, one needs to look at the other end of the leash as well.
+1

I usually dislike little dogs. They yap and bite my ankles. But, once in a while I meet a really nice little dog, who was trained to be a dog.

+1

I usually dislike little dogs. They yap and bite my ankles. But, once in a while I meet a really nice little dog, who was trained to be a dog.

TL we have had that same problem with Teddy. He loves to bite the back of your ankles when he gets excited. So I started using a spray bottle with water in it. He no longer bites ankles. Now we are working on his barking whenever someone is in the hall outside my door. That ones is a hard one. It is a territorial thing for him. A natural reaction to protecting his owner. But he is getting better. He is one stubborn little dog with the attitude of a Great Dane. :angel:

I know. It's frustrating because we did take the time to train our dog. My MIL thinks she's a wonderful dog trainer because they used to raise cairn terriers, but all she does is yell at them. My friend tried to train her dog but I don't think she really has the patience for it. Luckily they're all getting older so they don't jump around as much.

Last edited:
Whew, been slaving over a hot stove all morning. Well, not really, but in bursts... in-between doing other things ;)
Now I am waiting for the ham shank to cool so I can shred it and watching the Sacketts. And the sun just came out for the first time since Friday. Yay.

I don't share your confidence, pac.

On August 5, I renewed a prescription from my prescription service via the Internet. All went well with the service and I awaited my package.

Within a few hours of placing the order I received the tracking number. Cool. Then the fun began...

On Aug. 9 the, box left Compton, CA, by Aug. 12 it had made its way to Hazelwood, MO. Got to Cincinnati, OH on Aug. 18. Left Cincinnati the next day and ended up in Des Moines, IA the same day and left there a few hours later. Guess what? Back to Hazelwood, MO on the 20th and got out of there later that day. Arrived in Mayfield, KY on the 21st, which is almost here. I finally received it on August 22.

The hilarious part is that, at the bottom of the tracking information, it assured me that the parcel would be delivered to my no later than August 17th.

Hope you receive what you ordered...at least in this lifetime.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

I got an app for my Android called "Slice" It DOES require my email address, but I have a separate email address for stuff I order anyway. It tells me when my stuff ships, where it is, when delivery is expected and I get an alert when it is delivered. It won't help with the speed of delivery, but you'll know when it's there.

Sounds as if your friends' and MIL's terriers were not well trained. Ninety-five percent of inappropriate behaviours in dogs is because the owner has not spent time rewarding the dog for appropriate behaviour......
The real problem is even though the dog is trainable, some owners can not be taught. You can't fix stupid - or, apparently, train it.

Last edited:
Your right. But you can bring it back their mistakes in a bag and leave it at the door.
Not a dead dog. Just the presents they leave in your yard. Some owners have to learn the hard way. :ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:

I was taken completely by surprise when Spike got Teddy. He is the kind of person that he is so laid back, that you swear nothing bothers him. So I thought for sure that he was the kind who would leave those droppings where ever Teddy left them, never train him to behave, etc. You couldn't ask for a more responsible dog owner. He certainly surprised me. :angel:

Your right. But you can bring it back their mistakes in a bag and leave it at the door.
Not a dead dog. Just the presents they leave in your yard. Some owners have to learn the hard way. :ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Heck, if that were the problem I could always put it on their porch and set it on fire. :ohmy: :LOL: (Actually had a friend years ago who put it in the neighbor's mailbox on a hot and sunny day - then waited for the carrier to warn him to wait a day with the mail.) Nope, it's the tie-the-dogs-up/leave-them-out-for-hours-to-bark issue. Can't complain to the neighbor when they do that and then leave for the day. Besides, the neighbor in question is so stupid (how stupid is she?) she got mad at her husband and threw her wedding ring in his direction...which was the same direction as our back yard. Not sure if that ring is still in one piece since Himself cut the grass, but it's value is $10,000. You read that right - ten thousand dollars. I sure hope she did not have it insured. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom