What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished Under the Dome and Chapter II of my online class with WHO (World Health Organization). I will need to repeat the chapter, I didn't do so well with it, has me completely discombobulated. Trying to learn how to code Neoplasms (cancer) not easy!

:wub: I think Shrek will buy you anything you want. :angel:

He let me use the card...but I have to pay it back on payday...not that I wouldn't do so anyway.

Now to convince him I need two outfits for my birthday coming up next month. I should make him go shopping with me, but he has this annoying habit of saying everything looks great on me. I need the outfits for a class I am attending in Helena and I have to dress professionally...no, not the world's oldest profession...:LOL: That I could pick on my own.

I've often, well, not really that often, wondered how that came to be known as the world's oldest profession. What is that based on? You would think the fire starter would be the oldest profession, although I suppose that one isn't around anymore. Not unless you count the Zippo factory in Bradford, PA.
What about food taster? That has to be an old line of work and one I'm sure still exists.

Good question, Pac. It was the first thing, that was not a necessity, that had a monetary value??? Dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

I've often, well, not really that often, wondered how that came to be known as the world's oldest profession. What is that based on? You would think the fire starter would be the oldest profession, although I suppose that one isn't around anymore. Not unless you count the Zippo factory in Bradford, PA.
What about food taster? That has to be an old line of work and one I'm sure still exists.

I'm thinking "Hunter". Above everything else, people had to eat.

We know it's the world's oldest profession because it came out of the world's oldest excuse, "Not tonight, I have a headache.".

He let me use the card...but I have to pay it back on payday...not that I wouldn't do so anyway.

Now to convince him I need two outfits for my birthday coming up next month. I should make him go shopping with me, but he has this annoying habit of saying everything looks great on me. I need the outfits for a class I am attending in Helena and I have to dress professionally...no, not the world's oldest profession...:LOL: That I could pick on my own.

Get two different skirts and two different tops yet they are interchangeable. That way you will get four outfits. Then drag out your scarfs and other accessories. :angel:

I am sitting here getting frustrated telling the same story to a different person every time I call. When my sister was alive, she loaned the only picture of my uncle who died in WWI. We never received it back. I keep getting the run around. Please call back tomorrow or what is your number and I will have someone call you back.

The second one I am not surprised with. I call the Veterans Affairs at City Hall. I need to find the date of my uncle's death. No one answers the phone. Please leave your number and someone will call you back.

I am still waiting on both accounts. They are about to run head on into Yankee stubbornness. :angel:

We know it's the world's oldest profession because it came out of the world's oldest excuse, "Not tonight, I have a headache.".

Always the voice of reason.
Now who could argue this?

Just finished a BLT. Gotta figure out how to set my camera for autofocus, but flash always on. This camera lets in more light so the flash isn't always called for, but in bad lighting everything looks washed out without the flash.

Attachments

• BLT.jpg
    BLT.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 187
That may be it. Thanks.
Especially because I am keeping a white cutting board behind my prep area now.
Still, this camera has more menus to navigate. My other PowerShot had a physical button I could turn from Auto to a preset setting I already had set up.

I was thinking apple picker.

I was thinking apple picker.

That could also fall under food taster, as in, Here Adam, taste this... and I'll throw in a fig leaf for dessert. :LOL:

Andy, Canon has great customer service. I'm sure if I give them a call they can walk me right through it, if it's still an option.
I did read the manual and did not run across what I am trying to do. Half of it was WiFi connectivity.

That could also fall under food taster, as in, Here Adam, taste this... and I'll throw in a fig leaf for dessert. :LOL:

Andy, Canon has great customer service. I'm sure if I give them a call they can walk me right through it, if it's still an option.
I did read the manual and did not run across what I am trying to do. Half of it was WiFi connectivity.

WiFi! So you can send your photos directly to your computer? Cool. Which model do you have?

WiFi! So you can send your photos directly to your computer? Cool. Which model do you have?

I can even send them to a printer if I had that kind of printer.
I've got this one Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS 12.1 MP Wi-Fi Enabled CMOS Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom 24mm Wide-Angle Lens and 1080p Full HD Video (Black): CANON: Electronics
And it looks like the price just dropped :(

I read somewhere it was the most used camera on youtube, so figured the video was decent.
And I just got off the phone with Canon and that was very painless. I got right through to someone who understood what I wanted and could explain how to easily access that mode.

I am out on the deck from the living room on my little Acer laptop, looking at Joy through the trees. I am also looking through these recipies here. I wish to try something new tonight for our dinner.

Your friend,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom