What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found out today that the facility is going to buy the book for me for my online studies, the one I put on the credit card. And if I get certified I will get a raise:) and teach classes myself!!!

Let me be the first to pronounce you certifiable :mrgreen:

That was nice of them and a nice goal to boot.

I found out today that the facility is going to buy the book for me for my online studies, the one I put on the credit card. And if I get certified I will get a raise:) and teach classes myself!!!

Wow! That's great. That raise will come in handy. (I say that with confidence because I know you will get your certification with no problem)

Let me be the first to pronounce you certifiable :mrgreen:

That was nice of them and a nice goal to boot.

I've been certifiable for years!!:rolleyes: It will get me away from the desk more, that's for sure.

Wow! That's great. That raise will come in handy. (I say that with confidence because I know you will get your certification with no problem)

Thanks, Andy!

I'm also getting another certification in a couple months, I'll have more stray letters to add to the back of my name.:mrgreen:

I've been certifiable for years!!:rolleyes: It will get me away from the desk more, that's for sure.

Thanks, Andy!

I'm also getting another certification in a couple months, I'll have more stray letters to add to the back of my name.:mrgreen:

Do you find yourself automatically added the RN without even thinking? Poo adds the PA even when he is signing a check. He does it just out of habit now. I sent him a Happy Birthday this morning and he answered back with the PA after his name. I couldn't pass it up. I just had to call him on it. :angel:

Do you find yourself automatically added the RN without even thinking? Poo adds the PA even when he is signing a check. He does it just out of habit now. I sent him a Happy Birthday this morning and he answered back with the PA after his name. I couldn't pass it up. I just had to call him on it. :angel:

Almost every time:ROFLMAO: I do have a different sig for the checkbook and other personal, official papers. That helps! It's getting rarer for me since we went to electronic records, charting by hand...I signed everything with my nursing sig.

My legs are pretty long, I think I can outrun you, PF. :LOL:

Want pics of the new dog! And your new cert!

We didn't get pics yesterday and may not see her again for a while. Our District Manager, who lives out of town, got her by airplane the night before and he needed a place to stash her for the day while he was in meetings. He picked out office, cuz he knows we are dog crazy and she would have plenty of interaction and someone to run her outside as needed.

Anyway Piper, the puppy, has a chocolate brown coat and tan markings for eyebrows, goatee, chest and socks. Just adorable and her fur is sooooo soft and curly. She came from a breeder in Illinois and is a sister of the 5 year old springerdoodle they have at home.

As for my certification...if I can make it through chapter two...it's a bear. Since I have the book coming, I'm putting if off as my hands hurt so much from scrolling through the PDF files and I'm doing secondary reading on neoplasms to help with recognition of some of the more obscure ones so I am able to pick out the key words to look up from a diagnosis. The new coding goes into effect October of 2014, so I have some time.

I just took a package of Canadian bacon out of the freezer and saw I was down to two :ohmy:
So sometime today I will be out buying a pork loin to get to brining. I might as well pick up what I need for Sunday's dinner, too.

I just took a package of Canadian bacon out of the freezer and saw I was down to two :ohmy:
So sometime today I will be out buying a pork loin to get to brining. I might as well pick up what I need for Sunday's dinner, too.

Life in the fast lane.

I just finally realized I hadn't brewed my cup of coffee...or fixed breakfast, I'll be running a big behind this morning.:ermm:

Congrats, PF. I'm actually in the capable hands of some wonderful nurses today. I'm getting an iron infusion in the hospital's infusion center where they provide cancer treatment as well, among other things. It's a tough but terrific profession you have chosen. Thanks to you and all the other wonderful nurses I have known.

Thinkin' ahead to Christmas. I usually have all the necessary gifts purchased/made by the end of October and I'm hot on the trail of some fabric for the last two. One is a new nylon/canvas bed for Harley's dog house and another is a caddy-like thing for Glenn's mother to snap/velcro onto her walker.

I found some awesome nylon-canvas camo fabric for the dog project and, since Glenn's mother adores hens/roosters/chickens, I discovered some beautiful cobalt blue and white French fabric with some lovely chicken designs. She loves blue and barnyard fowl so I think I've hit a winner with this fabric. One of the nice things about it is that it's not too hokey-looking. Quite designer-like. Just ordered the fabric and it should be here by next week.

I should have the last afghan finished by the end of this month, which will be the "big" gift for one of Glenn's daughters and her family. It's been quite a project but I've really enjoyed it.

I've completed a cute, sassy sweater for Glenn's son's wife and all I have to do with it now is to join the pieces and block it. It's candy apple red, which is the perfect color for her and she LOVES red.

I'll spend part of the afternoon segregating all the remaining acquired gifts into the appropriate "piles" per family so I'll know where I stand and can begin wrapping and searching for boxes for those that will need to be shipped.

I really enjoy doing this because I don't have to do anything in a rush and when it's all done I can slide into the actual holiday and play, play, play!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom