What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie H, are you one of the people who let everyone know that when they get home and take their presents out of the box, it is to come back to you so you can use the box again? It has always been a tradition in our family. We have a Jordan Marsh box that is still making the rounds. And Jordan Marsh hasn't been in business for more than 25 years. I really feel it should be framed and hung on the wall. Very rarely do any of us have to buy boxes for presents. We are very frugal New Englanders and recycle everything. :angel:

Katie H, are you one of the people who let everyone know that when they get home and take their presents out of the box, it is to come back to you so you can use the box again? It has always been a tradition in our family. We have a Jordan Marsh box that is still making the rounds. And Jordan Marsh hasn't been in business for more than 25 years. I really feel it should be framed and hung on the wall. Very rarely do any of us have to buy boxes for presents. We are very frugal New Englanders and recycle everything. :angel:

No, Addie. I don't do that with the boxes but when we're opening gifts and the boxes, um, happen to get near the trash pile I retrieve them.

With the advent of decorative gift bags, I don't rely on boxes much anymore, especially when it comes to shipping gifts. The bags make it so much easier to pack a box to send. Plus they're usually lighter, which makes the shipping fees less.

I began my early schedule for Christmas when we had two sons in the military overseas. In order for them to receive their Santa by Christmas, all packages had to leave the U.S. by the end of October. I never got out of the habit of doing that and discovered all the fringe benefits of doing things this far ahead.

Now I can truly breeze through the holidays and have absolutely no stress at all. It's been a pleasure all these years and I see no point in changing my routine.

Additionally, one of the most positive benefits is that when the year turns over, we have no bills to pay that relate to our gift-giving. That, plus, we only ever pay cash for what we purchase.

Ever since PF said that this morning I've had that Spinal Tap song playing in my head. You know the one :angel:

I'm getting ready to take Shreddy, my tomcat, to the vet. This is the vet who does the radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism. He will examine Shreddy and if he is a good candidate for this treatment, we will schedule the procedure.

I just got back from the grocery store. I had a taste for green beans tonight with dinner.

Congrats, PF. I'm actually in the capable hands of some wonderful nurses today. I'm getting an iron infusion in the hospital's infusion center where they provide cancer treatment as well, among other things. It's a tough but terrific profession you have chosen. Thanks to you and all the other wonderful nurses I have known.

Thank you, GG! It's nice to hear that nurses are doing a good job. It reflects on all of us when a single nurse does a bad job.

Now I remember that song...:LOL: My favorite is "Fat-Bottomed Girls" by Queen...cuz you can play that one on the radio...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, I knew looking for a youtube link was definitely off limits, but it was on my mind.
There are times when you realize a song that rhymes waistband with quicksand might be a tad... off limits :angel:
Now get on your bikes and RIDE :punk:

Yes, I knew looking for a youtube link was definitely off limits, but it was on my mind.
There are times when you realize a song that rhymes waistband with quicksand might be a tad... off limits :angel:
Now get on your bikes and RIDE :punk:

I listen to FBG while riding my bike...only problem is I can't hear traffic...:rolleyes:

I just finished refueling. Now it's off to the store.

Attachments

• Canadian bacon sandwiches.jpg
    Canadian bacon sandwiches.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 208
I just took a package of Canadian bacon out of the freezer and saw I was down to two :ohmy:
So sometime today I will be out buying a pork loin to get to brining. I might as well pick up what I need for Sunday's dinner, too.

My store had a markdown on pork loin yesterday, the half cuts. I scored them for $1.45 lb. I bought almost 20 pounds.

It took a while but my ailing vacuum sealer got the chops that I cut sealed. The vacuum sealer situation will be solved soon!

Last edited:
I love my new Foodsaver, BC. I hadn't realized how bad the old one had gotten. Plus the vertical design works better for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom