What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got home from a niece's wedding in Joisey. A very long 4 days full of food, family, and lots of driving! I'm beat. Back to work tomorrow.

Reading up on my new membership to AANAC - American Association of Nursing Assessment Coordinators. I faxed the info Friday and my member packet showed up by mail today!

Just turned the heat on. Well, actually about thirty minutes ago, before I took a shower. It's only 42 outside and the house needed the chill taken off the air... although the furnace has kicked on 3-4 times already and it's only set to 70.
Fall may just be here. Plus a couple days ago I noticed that I haven't seen a robin in at least a couple weeks. Brrr.

Just turned the heat on. Well, actually about thirty minutes ago, before I took a shower. It's only 42 outside and the house needed the chill taken off the air... although the furnace has kicked on 3-4 times already and it's only set to 70.
Fall may just be here. Plus a couple days ago I noticed that I haven't seen a robin in at least a couple weeks. Brrr.

The apartment complex where I live turned the heat on yesterday so it should warm up outside! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We had geese flying over yesterday and it made me wonder why some geese fly south and some hang out all winter.

Not much color yet, only a few swamp maples!

I just recently heard that geese will not fly south if they have an open water source. I don't know how they know that the water source they used last winter won't freeze this winter... but maybe that's why only some of them stay.

I just recently heard that geese will not fly south if they have an open water source. I don't know how they know that the water source they used last winter won't freeze this winter... but maybe that's why only some of them stay.
They also stay the winter in places where people feed them enough.

That's a very interesting question. Beavers build much thicker dens in years of little snow fall (snow helps insulate). Old timers used to know a lot of that kind of thing. I would love to hear the science on these phenomena. What are the geese, beavers, etc. detecting? We have found out that birds know which way is north because they have magnetoception, a magnetic sense.

I have, Andy. I didn't like it. I wish I could remember why, as maybe you would.
So far I'm just regular donut shop brand guy. The dark magic didn't appeal to me.

Back
Top Bottom