What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well...Shrek didn't like my idea of dropping me off at the walking bridge and waiting for me a mile downstream. So he dropped me off at the guitar store and I walked home from there. 45 min walk, not bad. I beat him home by 20 mins.

First he looked at guitars and schmoozed with the store owner (who says we have bought more from him than any of his other customers) and then somehow he ended up at Wallyworld to buy all new replacement underwear.

Weatherman lied! "Chance of rain" Doubted it. So I opened up every window in the house. Just had a 30min marathon run. Running around closing them all again. I'm getting too old for that stuff. It's pouring outside. Mopping floors wasn't on the agenda today. :LOL:

Not a happy morning in this house or family. My daughter saw her oncologist and the news is .....

She has to stay on the chemo for another year. The tumor has shrunk, but not as much as they had hoped for. The chemo is so debilitating. I need a corner to go cry in. :angel:
I am so sorry Addie. I must have missed your post somewhere along the way. I will continue to pray for your daughter & you, my heart goes out to you both!! Try to look to the positive as difficult as it may seem at times. I pray the tumor continues to shrink so she can go into remission, nothing is impossible. Take care.:angel::angel:

I am so sorry Addie. I must have missed your post somewhere along the way. I will continue to pray for your daughter & you, my heart goes out to you both!! Try to look to the positive as difficult as it may seem at times. I pray the tumor continues to shrink so she can go into remission, nothing is impossible. Take care. :angel: :angel:

Thank you SB. I am beginning to get my fight back. I am going to go see her tomorrow. She lives about 30 seconds away from me, but I never know what days she is feeling up to company. So we mostly talk on the phone. But I have the need to hug her. :angel:

Be safe taxy, and have a nice visit! Happy Birthday to your MIL. 75 is a good one to celebrate. Heck, IMO every one after 50 is good!

Hope Shreddy doesn't have separation anxiety while you guys are gone...

Thanks CG. The drive was interesting. There were lots of lane closures on the highway because of construction. The rain went from normal wipers to intermittent to fast to slow down because of reduced visibility and back. I was surprised that it only added 15 minutes longer than the usual 1 hour.

We got most of the apples out of the tree. Since I don't spray, many ain't pretty. (insert Joni Mitchell song here.) Of course, some really good looking ones are still way at the top, out of reach, even with a tall ladder and an extra long apple picker. And a lot of really good apples fell, and got bruised, but are still useable. I do have a bunch of nearly perfect eating apples, those will go in the fridge. The rest will be cooked into sauce and apple butter. Overall, got 3 grocery bags full between yesterday and today, making about 6 bags total this year with a bunch more pitched into the woods as they were too damaged to salvage. The critters seem to enjoy them.

Roasting more cherry toms, picked some nice basil. And I have GOT to do something with all my cukes, probably more freezer bread and butter pickles.

Last edited:
Just took out some baguettes made with my new french bread pan. They look pretty good. Next project is to get the perfect score on the top of the bread. The cuts didn't open up as much as I'd like. But still looks OK

About to attack the pantry...who knows what's in there.

Just did that the other day. Added some small shelves so now every section of wall space has shelving, which makes me happy! Had to make room for the wedding gifts!

It was a good chance to get the food donations packed up for the food bank.

I got sidetracked by the stove area...there are bottles of things we don't even use fast enough to leave them by the stove. And I moved all the breakfast cereal back to the pantry. Have to stop being lazy.

Finishing making dinner to have with Sprout and her girls. Roast beef, Sprout is bringing baked potatoes, just put the yorkshire pudding in the oven, and a mix of fresh sliced veggies. Should be a good dinner. Hoping the yorkshire pudding turns out. Never made it before. Looked easy enough but I've totally flopped before on stuff that looked "easy enough".

After breakfast, spent the morning and early afternoon doing a thorough cleaning of the kitchen. pparantly I'm a slob.

Had to roll the fridge out to clean up the residue from a bottle of root beer that busted. Found a fair amount of dust back there too. Considering that whenever we drop an ice cube, it gets kicked under the fridge to melt and evaporate, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been.

You're a brave man, Andy.
I have appliances that no way am I pulling them away from the wall until they die :shock:

I just finished watching "Last Tango In Halifax" on PBS. (Love the show!) There is a segment where the two main characters have a scare with a ghost.

So my question is:

"Does the average Brit believe in ghosts?" And has any member across the pond seen any? :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom