What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to jump in the shower and go run some errands this morning.

I just looked at the clock and noticed the time.

Maybe I'll watch an old episode of Perry Mason, fix lunch and take a nap!

Life in the fast lane! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Hey, slow down there. You can only burn the candle at both ends for so long...

What I don't understand...I finally get a nightshirt with Shrek's team on it and he has switched allegiance. Last year and years before it was all Steelers, now it's Broncos and Seahawks.
That's probably because both Seattle and Denver are on top of their divisions undefeated and the Pukesburg Squeelers (sorry if I offend and Pittsburg residents but my disdain is solely for the football team) have an even worse record (0-3) than pac's & my Brownies (at 1-2). So far this football season is looking up for me. :) (Wait till next week...:ermm: )

That's probably because both Seattle and Denver are on top of their divisions undefeated and the Pukesburg Squeelers (sorry if I offend and Pittsburg residents but my disdain is solely for the football team) have an even worse record (0-3) than pac's & my Brownies (at 1-2). So far this football season is looking up for me. :) (Wait till next week...:ermm: )

Shrek is ROFL...or he's having a seizure...:LOL:

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Taxy!

I just got back from the pool (swimming lessons) I have been working on learning the flip at the end of the lap. So. I practiced sumersaults in the water, it feels like I drank half the pool tonight. I am hoping it gets easier, I should have tried this at least 20 years ago!

Today I came across a shot glass that is marked Approved L.L.B.O.

I've done some snooping on the internet and found that LLBO stands for
Liquor Licensing Board of Ontario.

Does anyone know if these were required for Canadian bars and restaurants, how old it might be etc.....

Just curious, I never have noticed this before.

Thanks, B

Just arrived home after several hours in Paris....Tennessee, that is.:rolleyes:

We drove down to do some shopping for our lunatic dog - a new collar - and to enjoy a barbecue sandwich at our favorite barbecue joint, Trolinger's. We also brought home a slab of ribs for supper. Yum!!

Does anyone know if these were required for Canadian bars and restaurants, how old it might be etc.....

Thanks, B
Back in the early 70's I bartended and we were required to use those to show the customer that they weren't getting ripped off. With more and more automated dispensers they gind of disappeared.

I'l bet the measurements are in oz. rather than mL.

Thanks, B

Did a quick search and found this
2 LLBO SHOT GLASSES North West, Calgary

Between this and what Rocket said, hope these help you !

Did a quick search and found this
2 LLBO SHOT GLASSES North West, Calgary

Between this and what Rocket said, hope these help you !

Back in the early 70's I bartended and we were required to use those to show the customer that they weren't getting ripped off. With more and more automated dispensers they gind of disappeared.

I'l bet the measurements are in oz. rather than mL.

Yes it is measured in ounces, 1 oz., 1 1/4oz. 1 1/2oz. and full to the lip 2 oz.

I'm not sure where it came from, my Mother or oldest Brother must have pinched it on a trip to Canada! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thank you both for your help on this!

Last edited:
Yes it is measured in ounces, 1 oz., 1 1/4oz. 1 1/2oz. and full to the lip 2 oz.

I'm not sure where it came from, my Mother or oldest Brother must have pinched it on a trip to Canada! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thank you both for your help on this!
Those are Imperial ounces. :rolleyes:
1 Imperial fluid ounce = 28.4131 ml.
1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735 ml.
:LOL:

Debating if I should start cutting into some gorgeous material. Maybe we don't need a new comforter.
The old one is already broke in. Dogs love it.

Back
Top Bottom