What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh, based on super heros... sounds interesting.
Too bad there's football on Thursdays :rolleyes:

Yes, but are they as worthwhile as watching sports?!

I think they are more important.

I have a 3 inch thick reference book I need to index to make studying easier. Then I have the actual studying.

Then there are books to read for fun, shopping and cooking.:)

I am a severe Joss Whedon fan. I've watched everything he's ever done. I think I am the oldest Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and now Agents of Shield fan out here. Shrek watches, but he doesn't get the same thrill I do from it.

Rob has watched and enjoyed all of those. He's watched the entire Buffy series at least 3 times and maybe Angel twice. He's really excited for the new show!

Just finished shampooing a few rugs. They're out on the deck to finish the drying process.

Now I'm eating a cheese, shallot and red pepper omelet for lunch.

I'm sitting in my cheapified version of a Sports' Bar: 1) Ray-Jays game on kitchen TV (19 inch) because the Indians-Twins game is rain delayed. 2) I have the Cleveland feed of Gameday audio on the laptop, waiting for the sound of a human voice so I know the Tribe game is starting. 3) Meanwhile the Angels-Rangers game is in the Gameday player window so I can pop over there between reading and typing to see if LA is helping out by pushing the Rangers further from the Wild Card game. And to assuage my nervousness over the fact that my baseball team is actually IN a playoff chase I just had an Entenmann's chocolate covered donut...a vice if I ever had one. :pig:

As soon as Fox switches from the Toronto game to Minnesota I'll flop in my living room chair and watch the game on the Big Screen with the sound off and listen to the audio from the home-town play-by-play guy. Even when a game is boring he can make listening interesting. :)

And when the baseball games are over...WE have Buckeyes Football at 8:00!

And somewhere in there I have to make supper? :ermm:

PF, you don't have to like sports. I got them covered enough to make up for it. :ROFLMAO:

Just got done on the elliptical, time for a shower. Then, I think we will be heading out to the local apple orchard. Happy Saturday!!

I need to be thinking about getting cleaned up and putting on my face. We're heading to a friend's birthday party, it's on a paddlewheel boat. It's raining, but should be a lot of fun anyway. Oh, and open bar!!

The only sport worth watching is the one with the funny-shaped ball..... I refer, of course, to RUGBY!! :whistling

*backs out of the thread quickly*
But in Rugby football, all the interesting stuff happens in the scrum and you can't see it. They also wear baggy shorts. To me, the only redeeming feature of American and Canadian football is the fact that the players wear tight, stretchy trousers and they ALL have nice bums. ;)

I just got home from shopping, volunteering and more shopping :mrgreen: This morning, I went to the farmers market downtown and got some veggies, including some butter beans/lima beans for my mom (yes, they are the same), then I went to the Extension Office to help out at the Fall Festival & Yard Sale/Plant Sale. I spent most of my time helping out at the children's activities table, where we had face painting and they could make flowers with paper plates, tissue-paper petals and glitter, and pine cones bird feeders with shortening (to avoid any peanut allergy issues) and bird seed. Then I stopped at the Feed & Seed store and bought yellow onion sets and mushroom compost. Now I'm heading to Wine Depot to restock. Hope you're enjoying the afternoon! :)

I need to be thinking about getting cleaned up and putting on my face. We're heading to a friend's birthday party, it's on a paddlewheel boat. It's raining, but should be a lot of fun anyway. Oh, and open bar!!
Sounds like fun. Have a great time.

I don't put on my face any more. Can't be bothered. If I'm being real snazzy, I'll put on lipstick and maybe a bit of blush.

The only sport worth watching is the one with the funny-shaped ball..... I refer, of course, to RUGBY!! :whistling

*backs out of the thread quickly*

No argument here Katy - rugby is FUN! They'll show games up here on TV every once in awhile. We'll watch but we don't have any favorite team. I especially liked it when I dated a 'baller and the team and company would hit "their" bar after games. Those guys play hard and drink even harder! :LOL:

Baseball is my favorite sport to follow since my Mom and I would listen to Cleveland Indians games every night while doing dishes. Fell in love with the game when I was 8 and it's now my favorite way of keeping "in touch" with Mom since she died 13 years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom