What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like fun. Have a great time.

I don't put on my face any more. Can't be bothered. If I'm being real snazzy, I'll put on lipstick and maybe a bit of blush.

Thanks! I need to insert your little sombrero guy!

:LOL: I try not to scare people....

No argument here Katy - rugby is FUN! They'll show games up here on TV every once in awhile. We'll watch but we don't have any favorite team. I especially liked it when I dated a 'baller and the team and company would hit "their" bar after games. Those guys play hard and drink even harder! :LOL:

Baseball is my favorite sport to follow since my Mom and I would listen to Cleveland Indians games every night while doing dishes. Fell in love with the game when I was 8 and it's now my favorite way of keeping "in touch" with Mom since she died 13 years ago.

My rugby team is London Irish. :mrgreen: (And England in the Six Nations and World Cup games of course.)

That is a lovely way of commemorating your mum CG! :wub:

I was going to go shopping today, but the day is too beautiful and I'm feeling too lazy. I need to get some stuff for tomorrow's meals and was also going to pick up something for tonight, so now I'm sitting here wondering what's for dinner tonight.

Having a "sit down" with ice on my knee/leg. Kind of swollen after standing for 30min while cutting DH's hair. Can't sit too long have to get ready to go to a 60th wedding anniversary party in Canada. Ironically, the "man" was my husbands barber all thru his youth and young adult years, until I took over the barbering duties. You can be sure that "Swede" will notice the "fresh haircut"

The voice of perceived reason :LOL:

And I've never even heard of this show you guys are talking about.
But I did receive my notice from Amazon a week ago saying I could buy all the episodes of this season's Downton Abbey as soon as we here in the US show the first one in January..:rolleyes:
Just started in UK and my television promptly died so I've missed it. ***SPOILER ALERT***
Presumably Matthew was killed in the car crash at the end of the last series? Boo!

The only sport worth watching is the one with the funny-shaped ball..... I refer, of course, to RUGBY!! :whistling

*backs out of the thread quickly*
"A game for hooligans played by gentlemen" as opposed to soccer which is "a game for gentlemen played by hooligans". Not necessarily, of course.

Am I correct in believing soccer is played a bit in the US these days?

Much prefer "rugger". I've never quite understood the scoring but the players are better looking. (Except for the broken noses and cauliflower ears)

"A game for hooligans played by gentlemen" as opposed to soccer which is "a game for gentlemen played by hooligans". Not necessarily, of course.

Am I correct in believing soccer is played a bit in the US these days?

Much prefer "rugger". I've never quite understood the scoring but the players are better looking. (Except for the broken noses and cauliflower ears)

Mad Cook, soccer is exceedingly popular here in the Pacific NW of USA, I'm not sure about the rest of the country.... Rugby also enjoys some popularity here. Soccer is very popular for school age kids, one of my coworkers sons play on a rugby team. I briefly dated a rugby player "a million years ago" (he was a little beat up looking)lol!

Soccer is pretty popular all across the U.S. Professional soccer not so much, but as SB said, there are lots of school-age leagues. There are even some adult amateur leagues here.

I briefly dated a rugby player "a million years ago" (he was a little beat up looking)lol!

I married one! (briefly) Luckily he played on the wing (where the object is to run fast and try to avoid getting tackled) - so he didn't have cauliflower ears or a broken nose - but he did have a constant selection of cuts and bruises.

As for scoring:

A Try scores 5 points (which is similar, I suppose, to a touchdown in American football?)
A Conversion scores 2 points (which you can only get after you have scored a Try - bit like a bonus opportunity).
A drop kick scores 3 points (that's where either side can take advantage of the opportunity to kick the ball over the opposing side's goal bar, and between the posts.) The marvellous Jonny Wilkinson famously won the World Cup for England in the last few seconds of a game against Australia in 2003 by doing this. :wub: I was in bed with flu at the time and nearly choked on my Lemsip!
A penalty also scores 3 points - same as a drop kick, but only after the ref has awarded a penalty.

Simple, right? :)

Sounds like time to raid the freezer Pac? (That's what I did earlier).

Everything in there is frozen! :LOL:
I hit the town grocery store and came up with a plan that involves the large mushrooms I bought yesterday.

You just didn't want to bother putting make-up on. ;) :LOL:

You know me too well already... :ermm:
I just wouldn't be me walking around town without my Cleopatra eyes on :D

Ooh mushrooms! Always a winner! What are you going to do with them? :)

I'm going to stuff them with sausage (that was in the freezer ;)), cream cheese and pickled jalapenos. Oh yeah, and wrap them with love... I mean BACON! :yum:

I'm going to stuff them with sausage (that was in the freezer ;)), cream cheese and pickled jalapenos. Oh yeah, and wrap them with love... I mean BACON! :yum:

Ah ha!! The freezer did come into play then! ;)

Sounds delicious! What time should I be there? :)

Ah ha!! The freezer did come into play then! ;)

Sounds delicious! What time should I be there? :)

The freezer did come into play. I had bought some fresh pork for tomorrow and was going to use that, but remembered I had a few pieces of rope sausage that shouldn't take very long to thaw. Much more flavor.
If only the Concord was still running, Katy :rolleyes:
:LOL:

The freezer did come into play. I had bought some fresh pork for tomorrow and was going to use that, but remembered I had a few pieces of rope sausage that shouldn't take very long to thaw. Much more flavor.
If only the Concord was still running, Katy :rolleyes:
:LOL:

Rope sausage?? :huh:

Concord would be handy indeed! :LOL: I could have brought you the first episode of season 4 of Downton!

Rope sausage?? :huh:

Concord would be handy indeed! :LOL: I could have brought you the first episode of season 4 of Downton!

Oh, man! The first episode of season 4!
I would have made some extra shrooms you could have taken back with you! :LOL:

Rope sausage: natural cased sausage that hasn't been cut into links yet. It comes in a coil, like rope. I cut and freeze it into packages of four, but it isn't hard to break a couple off for times like this.

Back
Top Bottom