What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, man! The first episode of season 4!
I would have made some extra shrooms you could have taken back with you! :LOL:

The old system of bartering - alive and well in the 21st Century - IF we still had Concord!

It's astonishing that we have gone backwards in terms of air travel, don't you think?

Rope sausage: natural cased sausage that hasn't been cut into links yet. It comes in a coil, like rope. I cut and freeze it into packages of four, but it isn't hard to break a couple off for times like this.

Ah, now it makes sense! I think we have something like that here too. :)

Now that you mention that, Katy, that it odd about air travel.
We seem to ride our airplanes into the ground, figuratively speaking of course, then complain about failures of 40 year old aircraft and abandon the notion of upgrading. Weird.

Now that you mention that, Katy, that it odd about air travel.
We seem to ride our airplanes into the ground, figuratively speaking of course, then complain about failures of 40 year old aircraft and abandon the notion of upgrading. Weird.

In everything else since the 70s there has been massive improvement/advancement. But in air travel? Nothing. It's very odd!

In everything else since the 70s there has been massive improvement/advancement. But in air travel? Nothing. It's very odd!

One word. Brundlefly.
frame_0000.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Cat, you are remarkably grown-up and mature for your young age. So many young people feel that the adults in their lives owe them for their entire lives. You seem to have the right respect for those before you who did so much to help you become a strong, respectful and kind person. My wish for you is that you find friends in your area that share your sensible outlook on life.

Thank you for your very nice words and your kindness!

How does one owe me anything? I do not understand this. But some of the classmates do tell me their parents owe them. For what? What have they ever done to deserve anyone to owe them? This makes no sense.

Your former President, John F. Kennedy said this, "Do not ask what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." This is very true! Then replace the word "country" with the word "family." And both are very true.

If in any way I might be mature, it is from my parents. This is what they brought me to be. I owe my parents, my DA, my family, my new country, and my old country. I owe God the most for putting me in to the hands of my family. I owe the man who found me in the trash can, but we can not find him.

If I make any correct decisions, it is of Mamma and DA. I am learning to make correct decisions. This is very important.

I do not feel that I have common things together with my classmates. Older people do understand me much more than the younger people.

And this is fine and well for me right now.:)

Your friend,
~Cat

Last edited:
....Am I correct in believing soccer is played a bit in the US these days?...
You might call it a bit. Major League Soccer was started in 1996 and has about 20 active teams. The New England team (the Revolution) is owned by the same group that owns the Boston Red Sox, one of the oldest baseball franchises.

The previous owner of the American football team The Cleveland Browns owns a British football team. In fact, many Browns fans feel that Randy Lerner's purchase of the Aston Villas in 2006 took so much of his attention away from the Browns that it contributed to the continued struggles of the Browns.

Although soccer is making inroads in the United States it will take a very long time, if ever, to replace American football. Seems like in this country the little boys play soccer but the grown-ups play football.

If we continue to have high school kids dying from concussions and other injuries playing school sports, soccer may gain as the preferred sport faster than we think it will. The Revolution often have a full house for attendance. So it is definitely growing here in the Boston market. But then Boston and the other five New England states love their sports and support all of their teams. Just look at the price of their tickets. Never an empty seat and tickets to see the Red Sox are the highest priced tickets of any of the ball park. They are on the brink of pricing themselves right out of the pockets of the fans that have supported them all these years. To go see just one game, a family of four needs more than $500 just for one night at Fenway Park. :angel:

I just got off the phone from a long conversation with a dog breeder I had been researching. I didn't think they had any dogs available until next Spring, but yesterday I saw she had a littler on the ground now.
She has one pup available from that litter. She just isn't sure if it will be a male or female and I want a female. I am hoping she decides the male would be a better fit for the family that had their deposit in.
She got my hopes up :w00t2:

Cane Corso.
It's a breed a researched fifteen years ago when I decided to get my Presa Canario, the one I put down last Christmas Eve. I like the direction that breed is going now and the breeder is even within driving distance.
It's going to be a long week waiting on her decision. The family in question wants a lighter dog for the wife to go running with and the female she has is on the larger side, plus has more of a dominant attitude that she's sure I would be more comfortable with.
Here's her site. Available - Casanova Cane Corso: Temperament, Health & Conformation

You might call it a bit. Major League Soccer was started in 1996 and has about 20 active teams. The New England team (the Revolution) is owned by the same group that owns the Boston Red Sox, one of the oldest baseball franchises...

The NE Revolution is owned by Robert Kraft who owns the NE patriots football team.

The Group that owns the Boston Red Sox owns a soccer team from Liverpool.

Cane Corso.
It's a breed a researched fifteen years ago when I decided to get my Presa Canario, the one I put down last Christmas Eve. I like the direction that breed is going now and the breeder is even within driving distance.
It's going to be a long week waiting on her decision. The family in question wants a lighter dog for the wife to go running with and the female she has is on the larger side, plus has more of a dominant attitude that she's sure I would be more comfortable with.
Here's her site. Available - Casanova Cane Corso: Temperament, Health & Conformation

I had to go look it up. It's a breed I hadn't heard of. According to Wiki, it's in the mastiff family. They are a handsome dog and sound like a great companion.

Good luck, I hope you get the one you want.

Cane Corso.

Beautiful dogs, such expressive faces! What color is your girl?

Cane Corso.

What lovely dogs! Hope you get your little girl!

I'm not familiar with the breed either. The parents sound wonderful.

She's killing me. She just sent me three pics that weren't on her site, lol.
And she's the one that told me not to get my hopes up... :rolleyes:

She is keeping one of the females for herself, the blue one I believe, and the one she might have available just happens to be brindle like my Tursa was.

I'll always have a mastiff of one type or another in the house, Andy. I love molossers.

Funny how dogs are. My Rhodesian Ridgeback right now is trying to catch a fly. And he will get it. My GSD is laying there watching him. I am hoping that when I get a new pup it picks up more from Petra than Pierce :wacko:

What lovely dogs! Hope you get your little girl!

I'm not familiar with the breed either. The parents sound wonderful.

Yes, it's so hard these days to find someone who actually does something with their dogs other than breeding them for the money.

Thanks. I'm hoping, too.
Especially because I have already thought of a probable name!

Back
Top Bottom