What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having a bit of a rough day here. Shreddy, my tomcat with hyperactive thyroid, is asking for food when he hasn't finished what I already gave him. I feed him at least once every two hours. I don't want him losing any more weight. He will be getting his radioactive iodine shot some time this week. He also vomited twice today and twice yesterday. Three times on the stretcher of my antique table, so I had to deal with it right away. I have no energy and mild aches and pains, so I wasn't happy dealing with cat hork after two sips of my first coffee.

I took a nap, but after half an hour, my foot started to cramp. I walked around and I massaged it. Then the cramp moved to the other side of the foot and up my calf. Got that sort of under control and it started with the other foot and leg. I'm reading on the couch with the heating pad handy. Sorry to be such a downer.

We'll be scrounging for supper.

Having a bit of a rough day here. Shreddy, my tomcat with hyperactive thyroid, is asking for food when he hasn't finished what I already gave him. I feed him at least once every two hours. I don't want him losing any more weight. He will be getting his radioactive iodine shot some time this week. He also vomited twice today and twice yesterday. Three times on the stretcher of my antique table, so I had to deal with it right away. I have no energy and mild aches and pains, so I wasn't happy dealing with cat hork after two sips of my first coffee.

I took a nap, but after half an hour, my foot started to cramp. I walked around and I massaged it. Then the cramp moved to the other side of the foot and up my calf. Got that sort of under control and it started with the other foot and leg. I'm reading on the couch with the heating pad handy. Sorry to be such a downer.

We'll be scrounging for supper.

Oh dear. {{{{hugs Shreddy and Taxy}}}}

TL, I know those days so well. You have my sympathy and understanding. It is not a fun day. And for this to happen during the weekend that you should be enjoying. Take care of yourself and get some rest. :angel: One for you. Sounds like you need it. and one for Shreddy. :angel:

:angel:

TL, I wish you felt better. Good thoughts going your way.
Thanks PF.

I forgot to mention that Shreddy is peeing about twice as much as before. Of course, I start worrying about diabetes. I sure hope it's just a side effect of eating so much canned cat food or related to the hyperthyroidism.

Thanks PF.

I forgot to mention that Shreddy is peeing about twice as much as before. Of course, I start worrying about diabetes. I sure hope it's just a side effect of eating so much canned cat food or related to the hyperthyroidism.

Shreddy's kidney's are working harder to process all that protein, you probably notice he is drinking more water, too.

Shreddy's kidney's are working harder to process all that protein, you probably notice he is drinking more water, too.
Oh, that's a relief. Yes, he is drinking more water too. I guess that happens with humans who have hyperactive thyroids.

And the poor boy has gotten skinny enough that I can feel his vertebrae.

Oh, that's a relief. Yes, he is drinking more water too. I guess that happens with humans who have hyperactive thyroids.

And the poor boy has gotten skinny enough that I can feel his vertebrae.

Weight loss and increased appetite are signs of hyperthyroid. Shreddy's reaction to this is eating more and high protein causing him to drink more water to clear his kidney's. His urine probably smells more like ammonia, too, that is another sign of a high protein diet.

Hugs for Shreddy and more for you!

Oh no!

Well, you can always turn the book back-towards-you and read your tabs.

At least I did it with post its and can move them. But I'm thinking two sided tabs would be better. And maybe moving them to the top of the book so they don't catch on the sides. More like book marks instead of tabs.

Looks like a trip to Staples...Darn It!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
About 70. There are 2-3 sections to use while coding each diagnosis. Alphabetical Index, Coding Index and on the occasion I am coding a Cancer the Neoplasm Index. What fun I am having!

Thanks for the dog wishes, CG.

And whoda thunk? Two happy moments in one day; Not only a Browns win, but a Steelers loss. Some of the teams (Cincinnati for one) are not looking as good now as they were at the start of the season. And look at Philadelphia. So bad they put the Dallas game on in that Denver runaway :LOL:
THREE happy moments for me. Browns win. Squeelers lose. And best of all, the Tribe is in the Wild Card sudden death playoff game! Then again, had the league not gone to this one-game play-in the Tribe would BE the wild card team. C'est la vie. I was hoping for a .500 season back in April.

About 70. There are 2-3 sections to use while coding each diagnosis. Alphabetical Index, Coding Index and on the occasion I am coding a Cancer the Neoplasm Index. What fun I am having!

:wacko: Some folks are just so darn lucky. They get to have way more fun then me. And I am sitting here laughing at your tabbing problem. Only because during my working days, I have done the same thing with those little gray stick on tabs. All done by hand. :angel:

I married one! (briefly) Luckily he played on the wing (where the object is to run fast and try to avoid getting tackled) - so he didn't have cauliflower ears or a broken nose - but he did have a constant selection of cuts and bruises.

As for scoring:

A Try scores 5 points (which is similar, I suppose, to a touchdown in American football?)
A Conversion scores 2 points (which you can only get after you have scored a Try - bit like a bonus opportunity).
A drop kick scores 3 points (that's where either side can take advantage of the opportunity to kick the ball over the opposing side's goal bar, and between the posts.) The marvellous Jonny Wilkinson famously won the World Cup for England in the last few seconds of a game against Australia in 2003 by doing this. :wub: I was in bed with flu at the time and nearly choked on my Lemsip!
A penalty also scores 3 points - same as a drop kick, but only after the ref has awarded a penalty.

Simple, right? :)
:ohmy: I am more than happy to take your word for it. When I was young(ish) and foolish I dated a Rugby Union referee (well it got him out of my hair on a Saturday afternoon) but I still didn't get the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom