What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wacko: Some folks are just so darn lucky. They get to have way more fun then me. And I am sitting here laughing at your tabbing problem. Only because during my working days, I have done the same thing with those little gray stick on tabs. All done by hand. :angel:

At least my tabs peel right off, yours didn't. :) Well, my goal was to learn where every thing in the book is located to save time, looks like I'll have it memorized. My next goal is to have a handy chart with the codes we will be using the most.

I'm having an, um, discussion with Miss Clairol. Friday I had my usual every 6 months hair cut and waited until that was done to do my color.

I've been grey to a certain extent since I was 16, which runs in my family. Now that I'm in my 60s it seems that the grey invasion is accelerating. In about 20 minutes I'll be back to Glenn's dark-haired gypsy girl. Love my chemicals.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

I'm about to start on dinner by making a lime and cumin vinaigrette for an avocado and tomato salad. Half of the dressing will act as a marinade for some chicken thigh meat that will accompany the salad along with some French bread.

If I recall lime, cumin and sherry vinegar were part of the dressing I used in my avocado Cuban salad a month ago. Very nice flavor.
Off to look. I'll bet they are similar.

I am sitting here wanting to get started on making some Alfredo Pasta. But I am not hungry yet. I have been thinking about it for three days now. I wish I felt like eating. Instead I think I take a run downstairs on my scooter to get my mail. :angel:

Yup. Rice vinegar is an acceptable substitute of sherry vinegar. Your salad is just missing the black beans, which I'm not sure I entirely enjoyed in the salad anyway.

I'm wishing I had egg noodles for the Swedish meatballs I'll be making tonight, but the store was out of them yesterday. Who the heck runs out of egg noodles?
Maybe some parsley potatoes will suffice... or rice, but I've got fresh parsley I'd like to use up.

I usually do a 15 minute reboot at work, but today...I'm just loggy. Doing laundry at an overheated laundromat didn't help.

Yup. Rice vinegar is an acceptable substitute of sherry vinegar. Your salad is just missing the black beans, which I'm not sure I entirely enjoyed in the salad anyway.

There are two vinegars I use in food. Rice and Apple Cider. For me the Rice vinegar is so much milder. I am not fond of harsh foods. :angel:

I'm wishing I had egg noodles for the Swedish meatballs I'll be making tonight, but the store was out of them yesterday. Who the heck runs out of egg noodles?
Maybe some parsley potatoes will suffice... or rice, but I've got fresh parsley I'd like to use up.

Are "egg noodles" the same as what I might call "ribbon pasta" or "Tagliatelle"?

Sitting here nursing a wicked illness. Had to visit the Hospital Emergency this afternoon. Second time in two weeks. I had a bugger of a chest infection last week that was keeping me up for about 4 nights in a row. It seemed to go away, but came back even worse yesterday in the wee hours of the morning. It's giving me quite a wallop. I got some antibiotics and an inhaler. Hopefully that will do the trick. Might just get some sleep tonight.

Sitting here nursing a wicked illness. Had to visit the Hospital Emergency this afternoon. Second time in two weeks. I had a bugger of a chest infection last week that was keeping me up for about 4 nights in a row. It seemed to go away, but came back even worse yesterday in the wee hours of the morning. It's giving me quite a wallop. I got some antibiotics and an inhaler. Hopefully that will do the trick. Might just get some sleep tonight.

:( Drink lots of water, get lots of rest, and feel better soon.

Thanks. Things seemed to have leveled off. It was increasing in severity since about 4 this morning. The inhaler worked wonders. I have never used one before. Getting lots of liquids and still have an appetite. Waiting for 11 to take another shot and some decongestant then off to bed.

Back
Top Bottom