What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Andy. I will give this a try.
I'll bet the brown noodles give the side dish a nice look.

Last edited:
Okay, if you took a flat sheet of lasagne, cut it half lengthwise, and curled the edges, would that be what you are talking about? I think I saw something like that on Australian Masterchef - but I can't remember what they called it (It was an Italian name.)
I think that's pappadelle.

I just got back from Wally World and purchasing three bags of Penn Dutch egg noodles... distributed by a co in Missouri.

Today was a beautiful day out. So I sat down on the patio for about two hours working on my sewing. Had a nice cup of Chinese tea while sitting there. Then the sun moved so that I was in it completely. Had to come upstairs. Too hot!

So now I have been getting ready for tomorrow. Going grocery shopping at seven a.m. and then have an appointment at noon with the bone doctor to see about getting these growths on my right hand wrist removed. By the time I get home from there, I will be exhausted. I have to jump in the shower and then do my hair. From a close to the scalp pixie cut to down past my shoulders now. No more 'wash and wear' for now. I need to get it cut again. I hate long hair. Too much work taking care of it. If I don't set it, I look like I am 90 y.o. I have never looked good in long hair. :angel:

Full day at work, then to swimming lessons, I only stayed 30 mn after lessons didn't stay for aqua chi, I'm ready for bed to get up & do it all over again.

I just finished eating a sandwich with American cheese, tomato, mayo and S&P. Life's simple pleasures :yum:

Does the name "pappardelle" sound familiar Katy? It's one of my favorite pastas to use because it is SO wide the sauce and stuff clings to it like crazy. :yum:

Yep, I'm familiar with the name pappardelle CG. I'm going to have a good mooch along the pasta aisle at Sainsburys this week and see what's there.

That's what's nice about egg noodles, they are short and wavy and sauce (or butter) loves to cling to them :yum:

Anyway, I hope you run into some, Katy. I'll be thinking of you and other Brits today when I stock up on egg noodles ;)

Thanks Pac! Though I'm sure other Brits can get hold of them if they are in cities with a bigger selection available. It's just that my town is a bit limited! :(

Thanks Pac! Though I'm sure other Brits can get hold of them if they are in cities with a bigger selection available. It's just that my town is a bit limited! :(

I am in a very limited town, also. That's why I was so surprised they didn't have any that one day... unless you wanted "lite" or "yolk free" :wacko: Yolk free egg noodles? I don't think so :LOL:

I am in a very limited town, also. That's why I was so surprised they didn't have any that one day... unless you wanted "lite" or "yolk free" :wacko: Yolk free egg noodles? I don't think so :LOL:

Why the very idea!! Shocking! :LOL: Egg noodles (the versions I know anyway) are definitely tastier with egg. ;)

I never gave egg noodles a great deal of thought. I just sort of thought of them as those noodles that Northern & Eastern Europeans roll out by hand for non-Italian food.

I never gave egg noodles a great deal of thought. I just sort of thought of them as those noodles that Northern & Eastern Europeans roll out by hand for non-Italian food.

Nor did I until I joined this site! :LOL: But I keep seeing the term "egg noodles" everywhere and until now, Noodles have always been a Chinese/Asian version of pasta to me!

What would Chicken Noodle Soup be without egg noodles?

BTW, always a biggie in my house. I don't put potatoes in my CNS. One starch is enough. My kids were always looking for them. Do you put 'taters in your Chicken Noodle Soup? :angel:

BTW, always a biggie in my house. I don't put potatoes in my CNS. One starch is enough. My kids were always looking for them. Do you put 'taters in your Chicken Noodle Soup? :angel:

I've never made CNS, but I have to agree with you about not doubling up on the starch Addie.

There is a very odd tradition on my side of the pond for people to eat "chip butties". It's a bread roll - filled with chips! (fries). I simply cannot see the attraction myself! :wacko:

I've never made CNS, but I have to agree with you about not doubling up on the starch Addie.

There is a very odd tradition on my side of the pond for people to eat "chip butties". It's a bread roll - filled with chips! (fries). I simply cannot see the attraction myself! :wacko:

I've always thought pierogies filled with mashed potatoes sounded odd, too. Btw, I've never heard of chicken noodle soup with potatoes.

Chicken noodle soup with egg noodles?! :ohmy:
Everyone knows you use kluski noodles ;)

Chicken noodle soup with egg noodles?! :ohmy:
Everyone knows you use kluski noodles ;)

What noodles??? I am worn out from Googling!

Anyway, back to pierogies.... at least they have something other than the dumpling and the potatoes... there is, (according to Wiki), meat or cheese or fruit in there too...

Now, I am going to look up Kluski noodles.... *trudges back to Google*

Update: Kluski "noodles" aren't "noodles" at all! They are made out of potato! (Sound nice though). :)

Last edited:
What noodles??? I am worn out from Googling!

Anyway, back to pierogies.... at least they have something other than the dumpling and the potatoes... there is, (according to Wiki), meat or cheese or fruit in there too...

Now, I am going to look up Kluski noodles.... *trudges back to Google*

Update: Kluski "noodles" aren't "noodles" at all! They are made out of potato! (Sound nice though). :)

Kluski noodles aren't all potato based. They are also a thicker flour based noodle, also using egg, and hold up really well in soups.

Came home from the pool, closed due to the lightening. It's overcast & the air feels thick. A lot of lightening but no rain.

Back
Top Bottom