What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to get to the store but I am waiting for this nasty thunderstorm to pass.

I would be the one putting groceries in my car and get zapped by a lightning bolt :ohmy:

I should have gone yesterday .. this will teach me to procrastinate !!

.... I should have gone yesterday .. this will teach me to procrastinate !!
Sometimes I procrastinate (I am a PRO at it ;) ) and then I'm sorry too. That happened when we lost power for almost 3 days three years ago. Almost put off my shower before going to bed on Monday night, figuring I could do it when I got up. Ended up showering anyway. Well when I got up yesterday and flushed the sound was "glug-glug----glug". :ermm: :ohmy: Oh yeah, no water when I take the lid off the tank. Left the lid off. NO Water? Nope. Just a dribble from the faucet. We do have low water pressure but this was nuts. Went downstairs, first looking out the front door - nope, no little river down the front lawn and into the street. Go down the basement - dry floor. Hmm, turn the faucet on down there - and had enough so I could wash my hands in the utility tub. Back to the first floor, pop a stick of Trident cinnamon in my mouth (I call it my on-the-road toothbrush for when I fall asleep while Himself is driving) and call the town. Clerk connects me to the water department. THAT clerk tells me one of the department guys is on his way to my house to check things out. Just then I could hear the tank filling, but she said the guy would still come by. He explains that they were doing an internal line purge to clean sediment out - that they were closing down and then reopening the "gates" to shut off and then open up the flow of water to the different zones. Hmm, with my luck our gate would have been shut off just as I got the last of the soap all over. Never procrastinate again? Nah, I'll probably still stall...

Like today. Should have shopped. Moped instead. Now I have to figure out a supper...

Not really what I'm doing, but an update to a previous conversation here.

Yesterday my buddy next door came over and as he looked at my yard he commented that the skunks were digging in my yard, too. I really didn't know what it was that had been taking small chunks of my yard out in patches, like a giant aerator. I was not thrilled to find out it was a skunk.
So this morning, about 5:00, I walk outside and there shuffling off ahead of me is the perp, a skunk :ohmy: Fortunately he was beating a hasty retreat.
Sooo, I went online and look up skunk scat and sure enough, the critter who had left his calling card by that hornets nest, ate the dead hornets and managed to get out some of the honeycomb out was indeed a skunk.

Not cool to have a skunk visiting the house this close on a regular basis :shock:

Not really what I'm doing, but an update to a previous conversation here.

Yesterday my buddy next door came over and as he looked at my yard he commented that the skunks were digging in my yard, too. I really didn't know what it was that had been taking small chunks of my yard out in patches, like a giant aerator. I was not thrilled to find out it was a skunk.
So this morning, about 5:00, I walk outside and there shuffling off ahead of me is the perp, a skunk :ohmy: Fortunately he was beating a hasty retreat.
Sooo, I went online and look up skunk scat and sure enough, the critter who had left his calling card by that hornets nest, ate the dead hornets and managed to get out some of the honeycomb out was indeed a skunk.

Not cool to have a skunk visiting the house this close on a regular basis :shock:

The skunk is probably after grubs in the lawn.

Skunks are pretty laid back unless you or the dogs startle them.

Better pick up a couple gallons of tomato juice in case the dogs need a bath! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

That's what I'm afraid of, Bea. That one morning he might get "startled" and not run off. I have no idea how close I actually got to him this morning.

Skunks generally will mind their own business....however, if threatened they can make a real stink of things. The biggest danger is rabies. I recommend seeking the advice of your local game officers or perhaps a pest removal service.
On a side note, Skunk is one of the few critters that are not on the menu at Casa de Hoot.

Back in the 70s I had a dog that was clever enough to get sprayed by a skunks on two separate occasions. It wasn't until he got to swim in the ocean that the last vestiges of the smell were gone.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've dealt with skunks before :angel:
What they do on the back of my property is their business, but when the critters start hanging out on my side of the creek I need to reassert where the boundaries are.

Good luck with that Pac .. they can be a real nuisance.

Where I grew up we only lived about 3 blocks from the Sacramento River. It was normal after dark activities for everyone to stay off the street simply because we had skunks and river rats that used the streets at that time. We had a fiesty little doxie then and when those critters would enter our back yard she would fight them and kill them. She was always smelling like skunk.

We had 1 skunk who came to our backyard here a couple years ago. He was eating leftovers from the birdfeeders. So we took them down and he went away.

The skunk is probably after grubs in the lawn.

Skunks are pretty laid back unless you or the dogs startle them.

Better pick up a couple gallons of tomato juice in case the dogs need a bath! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
I was thinking grubs too. Pac, time to get rid of the grubs in your lawn. ;)

I know. My brain seems to have a dead spot when it comes to treating my yard for grubs. I remember in the Spring when it's too cold and now, when it's too late.

...Not cool to have a skunk visiting the house this close on a regular basis :shock:
In our first home we had a skunk that would mark the foundation of the house as his territory every STINKIN' night! If the house was closed up you got only a faint whiff of it, but don't dare go down the basement for at least half an hour!

Good luck relocating the critter. Maybe he's not after the grubs, just some of your grub from the grill! Careful when you cook out or you may have some extra seasonings on the food ... or yourself. :LOL:

I'm getting anxious. Just got the call confirming Shreddy's appointment to get his radioactive iodine shot on Monday.
Sending good thoughts your way taxy! Hope everything goes well for Shreddy on Monday. Keep us posted then.

I'm heading out to grocery shop. Should have done it yesterday, looked in the 'fridge and saw there wasn't much room, decided to wait till today. Yesterday it was 70 and sunny, today not so much. :( But we are a cup away from being out of milk, there are a few items on sale that I have to get, and I'm going to push myself to get out of here. Later!
c0203.gif

Thanks. I'm going to start baiting him tonight. I have some cat food past the expiration date I'm sure he'll like.
It was either feed the skunk with it or sell it to that store in Dorchester :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom