What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It had better be something you don't mind shouting while outdoors in public. :(
We used to have a cat called Pandora (due to the fact that she was trouble from the minute we opened the box we carried her home in! :LOL:). She was nicknamed Pandy and came when called. The next door neighbour's wife asked my mother if it was embarrassing having to shout "Randy" every time we had to call the cat!

My GSD of treasured memory came without a name and was a rescue so we called her Vashti after the queen in the Book of Esther who refused her husband's drunken command that she come and "show her beauty" (yes, that is interpreted as meaning what you're thinking it meant!) to his friends at a banquet and was banished for her pains. We thought it apt for our dog as she was unwanted and cast aside too.

All of our pets have been named after Lord of the Rings characters. They're small, furry, intelligent creatures, after all :LOL: We did have to branch out from the hobbits, though. Right now, we have Elwing, Pippen and Belladonna.

When I was a kid, my mom named a black cat we had Bagheera, for the black panther in "The Jungle Book."

I've spent the better part of yesterday and today bouncing around names for my new pup....y.

It had better be something you don't mind shouting while outdoors in public. :(
True tale: Neighbors back home had been among the first of the families to move into their new home in a brand-new development. When saying goodbye to their kids at the front door one day their little dog went right out the door. The kids had to get onto the bus so Mom, a petite attractive lady, started to chase after the dog. Yelling for the dog. In her slinky little robe. The dog's name? Mister. "Mister, yoo hoo Mister! You get back here!" :shock: :ohmy: :LOL: Poor woman never showed her face during the day until their phase was completed!

True tale: Neighbors back home had been among the first of the families to move into their new home in a brand-new development. When saying goodbye to their kids at the front door one day their little dog went right out the door. The kids had to get onto the bus so Mom, a petite attractive lady, started to chase after the dog. Yelling for the dog. In her slinky little robe. The dog's name? Mister. "Mister, yoo hoo Mister! You get back here!" :shock: :ohmy: :LOL: Poor woman never showed her face during the day until their phase was completed!

My next-door neighbors have a dog named Peter. When they first moved in, I thought the lady was yelling for one of her kids all the time: "Peter! PETER! Come here!" Who names a pet Peter?!?

I just put a pot of chicken stock on to cook. Took lots of frozen ingredients and threw them together. The only fresh stuff is garlic, bay leaves and thyme. btw, we learned in culinary school not to use parsley leaves for stock because they're too pretty ;) They should go in or on the food. Use the stems instead; they have just as much flavor and are usually discarded by home cooks.

Just kicking back and enjoying the afterglow of a great ride on the motorcycle. We were gone about 4 hours and had a super meal out as well.

The ride was nothing short of invigorating, as the weather was postcard perfect and, for a change, the traffic in some of the usual more congested areas was quite thin. I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight!

Neighbor lady had a purebred Scotty with a long official name, that I don't remember. Every time she would yell at him to "Get your A__ in here!" So guess what the dog would answer to...LOL I was out in the side yard one day and she hollers at me, "Have you seen my A__?" That was at least 35 years ago and it still cracks me up.

Yup. And only specially trained staff are allowed in the "iodine room".

I vaguely remember I had to go into for test that I couldn't take on the treadmill. They gave me a shot and stuck me in a lead lined room with a bunch of other patients. When they came to call our name, the person was dressed with a lead apron. After the test we were each brought to a room that was again lead lined and we stayed there for an hour. Someone later came and check us out. If our level was too high, we go to stay another hour, until I level was safe for us to leave. Fortunately they had coffee, cream and sugar along with plenty of up to date reading material. :angel:

Mixed up Beagle's boiled chicken, white rice, and broth for the bland diet vet recommended since she hasn't been eating for the last 6 days. After a bunch of shots, procedures, and other expensive stuff at the clinic, she actually ate some.

I was so tempted to add some flavor, it tasted nasty to me, but Beagle approved. That's what matters!

I am thanking the Internet and whoever invented "cream cheese frosting"!

I don't have a sweet tooth, and have never enjoyed "butter cream icing" which is the usual topping or filling for cakes in the UK.

Today, I topped my Coffee and Walnut Traybake with coffee cream cheese frosting. Everyone at work loved it! And so did I!

:)

I am thanking the Internet and whoever invented "cream cheese frosting"!

I don't have a sweet tooth, and have never enjoyed "butter cream icing" which is the usual topping or filling for cakes in the UK.

Today, I topped my Coffee and Walnut Traybake with coffee cream cheese frosting. Everyone at work loved it! And so did I!

:)

Now that sounds interesting! Will keep that in mind. I too love cream cheese frosting. Just never thought to flavor it! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom