What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never drag a woman by the hair back to your cave. You don't want her to know where you live.

What is it with men and long hair? Do they still think they can drag us off by our hair to their cave? I just figure, it is my hair, my job to take care of it, my decision to cut or not to cut. Besides I don't look good in long hair. I am too short. :angel:
The thing is Addie, I like my hair long! If I wasn't such a fan of the thing I would have gotten a haircut just to test him and spite him. :ROFLMAO: But I'm tall, still almost 5' 6" after old-age shrinkage (which was <an inch) and long hair looks better than short.

In Shrek's case it's because he doesn't have any hair...:ROFLMAO:
:LOL: :ROFLMAO: But Himself HAD hair when we were first married.

As Himself got older he started to lose some hair. Since his Dad and his maternal Grandpa were both Folically Challenged I figured it was inevitable when I agreed to marry him. Just about the same time a study came out saying the cause of balding could be due to an increase in testosterone. Sometimes when my Mom would walk past him as he was sitting at the kitchen table she'd "pat" him on top his head and say "I swear you are getting more virile every time I see you".
img_1308967_0_eaf502c4ae65780627448360eda2e1b2.gif
He loved her dearly, so she got away with it.

What is it with men and long hair? Do they still think they can drag us off by our hair to their cave?...

Never drag a woman by the hair back to your cave. You don't want her to know where you live.

Right, Addie, THAT'S why we like long hair.

Fred, you have to blindfold them first. Either that or borrow a buddy's cave who is out of town for the weekend.

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: But Himself HAD hair when we were first married.

As Himself got older he started to lose some hair. Since his Dad and his maternal Grandpa were both Folically Challenged I figured it was inevitable when I agreed to marry him. Just about the same time a study came out saying the cause of balding could be due to an increase in testosterone. Sometimes when my Mom would walk past him as he was sitting at the kitchen table she'd "pat" him on top his head and say "I swear you are getting more virile every time I see you".
img_1308976_0_eaf502c4ae65780627448360eda2e1b2.gif
He loved her dearly, so she got away with it.

Shrek has always been bald, he says since he was a Senior in High School...that was 3 months before I started Kindergarten...:rolleyes:

Right, Addie, THAT'S why we like long hair.

Fred, you have to blindfold them first. Either that or borrow a buddy's cave who is out of town for the weekend.

Speaking as a woman with long hair I just have to say how utterly outraged I am by these comments!

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Shrek and I dated for almost a year before we knew where each other lived. We would just meet places and go our separate ways when the evening was deemed over. Turns out we lived in the same apartment building, across the hall from each other. Our work schedules were so disparate that we had never run into each other at home. He drove and I walked or rode a bike. Took us a month to fix that...:)

Shrek and I dated for almost a year before we knew where each other lived. We would just meet places and go our separate ways when the evening was deemed over. Turns out we lived in the same apartment building, across the hall from each other. Our work schedules were so disparate that we had never run into each other at home. He drove and I walked or rode a bike. Took us a month to fix that...:)

No way!!!
How did you guys meet? Did you see each other around the building, or maybe shopping nearby, but didn't realize you both lived in the same apartment building? That is really amazing. Let alone across the hall from one another.

No way!!!
How did you guys meet? Did you see each other around the building, or maybe shopping nearby, but didn't realize you both lived in the same apartment building? That is really amazing. Let alone across the hall from one another.

I want to know this too! PF - you must tell all! :)

No way!!!

His bakery made our sub rolls for the sandwich shop I worked at. He and his boss would drop in most days for an after work beer and sandwich. Turns out Shrek was the jerk across the hall that played loud music, we ran into each other in the apartment building one day as he was leaving his apartment and I was hauling a load of clothes to the washroom. Took us 4 years to get married.

His bakery made our sub rolls for the sandwich shop I worked at. He and his boss would drop in most days for an after work beer and sandwich. Turns out Shrek was the jerk across the hall that played loud music, we ran into each other in the apartment building one day as he was leaving his apartment and I was hauling a load of clothes to the washroom. Took us 4 years to get married.

So you married the jerk across the hall! Aw! So romantic! :wub:

Does he still play the music too loud? Or have you got him "house trained" now? :)

Reading this back, it sounds a little harsh, which was not my intention. I was going for "vaguely amusing".

Last edited:
So you married the jerk across the hall! Aw! So romantic! :wub:

Does he still play the music too loud? Or have you got him "house trained" now? :)

He still plays the music too loud...hard to stop a musician type...:rolleyes: He is getting better at doing it while I am at work. But, I have a house full of amplifiers and guitars.

I'm looking for a cat tree/kitty condo for Shreddy. I want one with a hole that he can use to climb to a higher level, a hammock, and easy for the little old man to get onto.

My SO and I lived in the same apartment building (different floors) for 2-3 years. We saw each other around the grounds from time to time. One day near Christmas, we met in the laundry room and started a conversation. She was lamenting being alone for Christmas so the next day I knocked on her door with a box of Godivas and a funny card to cheer her up. She agreed to go out with me and said she would call me after Christmas to set a date. She never called, so I called her. We went on our first date on 1/2/99. The rest, as they say, is history.

When we were talking about the whole first date thing later she told me she didn't call me because she was raised to believe that women don't call men for dates! Women!

Back
Top Bottom