What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool stories, PF and Andy.
I bet you could tell some good ones too pac!

FWIW, I knew Himself from when I was 14. Never dated him until I was 22. His sis and I were best friends from sophomore year of high school until forever. But he had a girl and was in college. All he was to me was my best friend's older brother. Someone to drive her over to my house and then drive us to the school dance. When he moved back to Cleveland in 1973 he moved in with his friend who still lived across the street from Himself's old home. When his sis and BIL, and his roommate and HIS fiance were going out they said he should get a date and it could be a triple-date. He asked me because 1) I wasn't dating anyone seriously at the time and 2) I was the only single girl left in Cleveland that he knew. The others had moved or married.

The six of us went out to a nice dinner, then a dance club, then IHOP because we were hungry, and then back to his sis and BIL's apartment. Shortly after we got there, the phone rang. At about 5:00AM. It was...my Mom! :ohmy: Guess she liked Himself since we still dated - and married later that year!:LOL:

I bet you could tell some good ones too pac!

FWIW, I knew Himself from when I was 14. Never dated him until I was 22. His sis and I were best friends from sophomore year of high school until forever. But he had a girl and was in college. All he was to me was my best friend's older brother. Someone to drive her over to my house and then drive us to the school dance. When he moved back to Cleveland in 1973 he moved in with his friend who still lived across the street from Himself's old home. When his sis and BIL, and his roommate and HIS fiance were going out they said he should get a date and it could be a triple-date. He asked me because 1) I wasn't dating anyone seriously at the time and 2) I was the only single girl left in Cleveland that he knew. The others had moved or married.

The six of us went out to a nice dinner, then a dance club, then IHOP because we were hungry, and then back to his sis and BIL's apartment. Shortly after we got there, the phone rang. At about 5:00AM. It was...my Mom! :ohmy: Guess she liked Himself since we still dated - and married later that year!:LOL:

Shrek's Mom was my Mom's boss at the hospital at one time, so they knew and liked each other. When Mom would got to Laramie, WY to visit my sister she would stay with MIL. I shudder to think what they talked about. MIL always said she got two daughters when Shrek and I married. I loved her dearly, a warm and wonderful person...in stark contrast to my first MIL.

Sitting on the couch with my cat satellites and a comfy blanket. I should get up and go for my walk but, Baby, it's cold outside!!!

I only had one MIL. We got along fine until I let it be known that she was not going to be raising my son. That was my job. She thought that since she did such a lousy job with raising my husband, she was going to have a second chance to do it right. WRONG! She turned against me and refused to talk to me. :angel:

Obviously putting you in your place for abandoning him in prison;)

How is he today?
Thank you for asking. He is annoyed that life hasn't returned to normal. I'm not supposed to cuddle or be close to him for more than 30 minutes at a time and he is used to sitting close next to me lots and sleeping with me. Poor boy. He's still extra hungry (it will take a while for his thyroid to act normally again). He has also figured out that I want him to eat, so he is pulling the extra fussy number. :rolleyes:

I'm watching Antiques Roadshow and using the Red Button feature to "play along" to guess the value of the items - great fun! :)

First two correct! It can only go downhill from here... :LOL:

I got lucky with mothers-in-law. Luckier than my husbands. :ohmy::ermm::LOL:

I never divorced my first M-I-L, I kept her when I divorced her son.

Me too. 25 Years this April.:)

29 years in December, it'll be 33 years together for the Ogre and me.:) He just said, "Seems longer, huh?" Come on, I'm not THAT stupid:LOL: I had to ask him, I don't even remember what year we got married half the time. He says it was 1984. I was 23 and he was 39.

I got lucky with mothers-in-law. Luckier than my husbands. :ohmy::ermm::LOL:

I never divorced my first M-I-L, I kept her when I divorced her son.

My second MIL said she would keep me and get rid of her son if we divorced. She always wanted a daughter, ended up with three boys.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom