What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took a half day off work. My nose has been running like a faucet, have blown through a box of Puffs Plus, and I've been sneezing and coughing like crazy. No need to share the wealth.

So I'm at home pre-cleaning for the cleaning lady who comes tomorrow.

I took a half day off work. My nose has been running like a faucet, have blown through a box of Puffs Plus, and I've been sneezing and coughing like crazy. No need to share the wealth.

So I'm at home pre-cleaning for the cleaning lady who comes tomorrow.

Totally agree with you for taking the day off DL, but cleaning before the cleaner arrives?? :wacko:

You should be relaxing - you have the perfect excuse for an untidy house! ;)

I'm about to walk to the pet food store. Little bugger is costing me a baby fortune in cat food. I have an appointment to see the vet nutritionist on Friday. I'm going to start making cat food.

Totally agree with you for taking the day off DL, but cleaning before the cleaner arrives?? :wacko:

You should be relaxing - you have the perfect excuse for an untidy house! ;)

:LOL: I have to pick up, otherwise she'll just vacuum around the piles of stuff, or spend her time rearranging things, rather than cleaning!

:LOL: I have to pick up, otherwise she'll just vacuum around the piles of stuff, or spend her time rearranging things, rather than cleaning!

*shakes head* Glad I don't have a cleaner! :LOL:

If you wear yourself out cleaning for the cleaner, doesn't this mean you will have to take tomorrow off as well? (In which case I am sure your cleaner will be MOST diligent!) ;)

Gotta get the hair washed so I can head out and pay the car insurance in full and get our little discount for full-pay.

Addie, Addie, Addie, all over the country cities and states preserve their history. Boston doesn't hold an exclusive on it. And I'm sure Faneuil has changed a bit - pretty sure Build-a-Bear didn't have a shop there over 200 years ago. ;)

You've mentioned that you never drove. Trust me, driving on the sidewalk in the North End isn't "legal", it's just done. After we moved here and I saw how the locals drive I got a book from the Registry with all the laws. I read it. Nope, sidewalk driving isn't legal. And did you know that pedestrians are supposed to walk with the light in a crosswalk? If not, the driver doesn't HAVE to yield to them, the car has the right-of-way. And no, I did not declare "open season" on pedestrians after that. :LOL:

Upstairs in the hall, it has not changed at all. It was a place for public gatherings and public debates. Downstairs where the shops are, there were always shops. As a kid I remember going there with my father to pick up meat. And it was on the first floor and more in the basement. All the stalls in the Quincy building were all shops also. Not the touristy ones you see today. The Quincy building was built much later. The two long buildings on the sides of the Quincy building were warehouses. As a kid, rail tracks ran down the side of those buildings as they did on Atlantic Avenue from South Station. They came in on the side of the ocean. In the late 50's the whole area was closed down and the BRA took over to make it a tourist destination. They did a bang up job. :angel:

...........Sadly no, I won't be able to stay up til the early hours when I start. I will have to do most of my catching up at the weekends!.......................
As for the maths test? I didn't "ace" it, but I didn't embarrass myself either! Phew! (I got 15 correct answers out of 17)...
Just so long as you don't forget about your DC friends weekends will be fine. Who knows, you might even be bored enough some evening just to pop on.

Math test results sound pretty good too. But I'd say going with the "Police Academy" job should be more interesting than some stuffy HR office. You certainly don't come across "stuffy"! :)

I went to look up the census for the Passamaquoddy Tribe in Maine.

"We're sorry. Do to lack of federal funding, this site is presently not available." Gee, even the Indians are furloughed! :angel:

I went to look up the census for the Passamaquoddy Tribe in Maine.

"We're sorry. Do to lack of federal funding, this site is presently not available." Gee, even the Indians are furloughed! :angel:

A clear example of the trickle down effect :(

Been busy this week....Started teaching the Computer Literacy Basics class at the Community College. It has not been without its challenges. The students' textbooks have arrived but, the instructor textbook seems to be lost in UPS limbo. I do love a challenge.

Sitting doing one of the most boring jobs in the universe. Pulling threads at the edge of some fabric so I can "square" it for a project. This is almost as much fun as watching paint dry.

Before doing this, I called the bakery to order our anniversary cake. Every year on our anniversary we order a 6-inch version of our wedding cake. It was soooooooo good that we decided to make a tradition of having a small one to celebrate our anniversary. Yum. Two more weeks and we can dig in.:yum::yum:

I'm thinking about getting some work done. Much easier think about work than to do it. ;) We're currently blessed with really nice weather, it was 67 when I looked at the thermometer. Considering giving Sally a bath today, and cleaning out the interior tomorrow. Would be nice to have a sparkling clean car when we take off on vacation. In order to keep it clean until then I'll have to make sure Himself is taking HIS car when we go out. (Sally is a lot more fun to drive than his car. Hmm, his car needs a name...)

Getting ready for a busy weekend of catering. One of the parties is appetizers, lots of prep. The other is a church dinner, It will be a full weekend. Then, Saturday afternoon the daughter has a piano recital, along with having 2, 15 year old German students here. I am ready for a day off!

Getting ready for a busy weekend of catering. One of the parties is appetizers, lots of prep. The other is a church dinner, It will be a full weekend. Then, Saturday afternoon the daughter has a piano recital, along with having 2, 15 year old German students here. I am ready for a day off!

What numbers is your daughter playing? I hope you are taking the students with you to hear her. She will have her very own international cheering section. :angel:

She is playing " Cannon". Yes, the German girls will be attending also. Her practicing has gotton better with an audience too. : )

She is playing " Cannon". Yes, the German girls will be attending also. Her practicing has gotton better with an audience too. : )

I always found that if I didn't look up away from the keyboard and at the audience, I was all right. Then when I finished and had to acknowledge them, I would start to shake. I always got stage fright after I finished the piece. :angel:

Just so long as you don't forget about your DC friends weekends will be fine. Who knows, you might even be bored enough some evening just to pop on.

Not much chance of that CG! ;) (The not forgetting part I mean)

Math test results sound pretty good too. But I'd say going with the "Police Academy" job should be more interesting than some stuffy HR office. You certainly don't come across "stuffy"! :)

Far better than I was expecting! :LOL: And yes, I went with the Police Academy - hopefully I will be starting on Monday 28th October. Unless they find out about my huge criminal past that is.... :ermm:

As for being stuffy? I have a feeling that I am a lot less stuffy since I started chatting with Americans and Canadians a few years ago! :D

Last edited:
Heading out to was the car. Yeah, yeah, I know, that was yesterday's plan. It was going to be wash the outside yesterday, clean the inside today. By the time I finished with a load of laundry, take care of the dishwasher (I stop it when it hits the dry cycle and let things air-dry so I have a couple things I tend to before I can walk away) and finish up on DC it was too late to wash. At least the inside is done. Now I have to go and get the outside washed before it gets too late...again! :LOL:

Have a good afternoon all! See ya later.

I had an appointment with the vet's dietitian. That was disappointing. I don't think I want to feed Shreddy, a cat and obligate carnivore, strawberries, spinach, or pumpkin. :ermm:

She recommended the same book as the other vet clinic. It's a paperback book that costs ~$27 and can only be bought from vets. The recipes require "Hilary's Blend" supplement, which is expensive and can only be bought from vets. This is starting to look like greed to me.

I think I'll go with PF's suggestion: Making Cat Food by Lisa A. Pierson, DVM :: homemade cat food, cat food recipes

From all the reading I have done, and I've done a lot, this vet sounds the most sensible.

Back
Top Bottom