What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished putting a Penzey's order together. I know I'm forgetting something.

I think I'll fire up the Keurig, have a cup of coffee and try on of those almond paste things.

I just received my Penzey's catalog. I love looking through it , at all the great spices and great recipes. I just used the last of my Pasta Sprinkle spice last night so I will be ordering some more of that. We went into one of their stores in Boulder, Co. last summer, what fun I had in there. :)

I just received my Penzey's catalog. I love looking through it , at all the great spices and great recipes. I just used the last of my Pasta Sprinkle spice last night so I will be ordering some more of that. We went into one of their stores in Boulder, Co. last summer, what fun I had in there. :)

Is that the spice they used for one of their cover pictures?
Their catalog covers are so gorgeous it makes me want to buy the spice just for that one dish. So I guess their marketing is working :LOL:

Okay, I'm checking myself into "the home" this afternoon. I just read the above as "Pastor Sprinkle." I got up to get a cup of coffee wondering what in heck in Pastor Sprinkle? Had to reread it.

I know. Something for Sunday Dinner. :angel:

Okay, I'm checking myself into "the home" this afternoon. I just read the above as "Pastor Sprinkle." I got up to get a cup of coffee wondering what in heck in Pastor Sprinkle? Had to reread it.

I know. Something for Sunday Dinner. :angel:

It isn't "pastor" sprinkle its " pasta " sprinkle. You add it to any noodle or spaghetti dish. It is very good.:angel:

Waiting for the coffee to finish brewing so I can head out with my cup of mojo to run errands. Including clothes shopping. :evil: I hate clothes shopping. But we leave on vacay in less than two weeks and I need something, anything, to take along. Most of my "good" tops aren't that good anymore...

On a happier note, the stores are near our favorite adult beverage store. Our friend and former neighbor made a Facebook post yesterday about a beer he was enjoying. An "Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier". AKA "Bacon Beer". Oh Yum! :yum: Considering making "Bubble and Squeak" for supper later this week and I think it would like that beer along for the ride.

Have you tried any of their spices? I sure wish we had one of their stores in my area, I always hate to pay for posting and handling.:angel:

It's actually dangerous having a store nearby. You have no idea how easy it is to add another jar of spices to the basket if you are standing there smelling all the smells.

I need to go there saturday, running dangerously low on cinnamon! Wish me luck that I get out of there without spending a fortune...

Our closest Penzey's stores are near either Baby Bro or BIL, which means we visit once or twice a year. If a store was any closer, it could be an issue......

Well, the dreaded Health and Safety rules have struck again! I can't start my new job on Monday because there is nobody there to do my induction and health and safety instruction! And there was me thinking I'd be perfectly safe surrounded by hundreds of police! :rolleyes:

Well, the dreaded Health and Safety rules have struck again! I can't start my new job on Monday because there is nobody there to do my induction and health and safety instruction! And there was me thinking I'd be perfectly safe surrounded by hundreds of police! :rolleyes:

Aww bummer.
Tuesday then? Did they give you an idea?

Aww bummer.
Tuesday then? Did they give you an idea?

Wednesday! I had geared myself up for Monday (quite stressful really after a whole year of being jobless). But actually it's probably better - my first week will be just 3 days instead of 5 - a more gentle introduction back into the workplace. ;)

I know there is "danger everywhere" (apparently), but this is ridiculous! It's an office for pete's sake and it's not like I haven't worked in them for decades! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom