What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got back from a walk with the pup. Looking forward to giving her her pill in an hour or so. Hopefully it clears things up immediately. Plus it's always good to get your pets used to taking pills young.
So true. It's good to get them used to all sorts of stuff young.

BTW, make sure there is something for her to drink after that pill.

We had our 29th wedding anniversary yesterday. Just relaxing & lounging today, watching movies & eating popcorn. I feel like baking something but afraid I would sit down & eat it all. Our German girls left this morning, back to potsdam, Germany.

Happy Anniversary, SB and DH of SB! Hope you have a nice, calm day after saying goodbye to your company!

Happy Anniversary, SB and DH of SB! Hope you have a nice, calm day after saying goodbye to your company!
Thank you. Yes, we had a relaxing night, just out for supper then a little shopping for the girls, sad to see them go, it was a fun experience having them here.

I'm getting ready to go to a party. I decided that I will drive, even though it's barely one kilometre away. I usually enjoy being able to drink when I go to this friend's house. But, it's rainy cold. I'm not ready for cold and it's humid. It's the kind of cold that creeps under your clothes. So, I will keep the drinking very limited.

I'm also trying to decide between making pasta with Alfredo sauce or pesto.

I'm getting ready to go to a party. I decided that I will drive, even though it's barely one kilometre away. I usually enjoy being able to drink when I go to this friend's house. But, it's rainy cold. I'm not ready for cold and it's humid. It's the kind of cold that creeps under your clothes. So, I will keep the drinking very limited.

I'm also trying to decide between making pasta with Alfredo sauce or pesto.
A hint of pesto mixed w alfredo is very good too:)

I just waved off my best and oldest friend, Bernie (Bernadette) after a really lovely evening. :)

And here is what we listened to: (anyone who considers themselves as musically well-informed should look away now)

Kirsty McColl
The Eagles
The BeeGees
The Saw Doctors

(I'm sort of assuming the middle two are reasonably well-known on the other side of the pond but maybe not Kirsty or The Saw Doctors?)

It's all gone a bit quiet now. :(

You guessed that right, Katy. I *think* I've heard of The Saw Doctors... but I couldn't tell you if I actually heard them or not.

You guessed that right, Katy. I *think* I've heard of The Saw Doctors... but I couldn't tell you if I actually heard them or not.

I meant the flat seems quiet since Bernie left but I get what you mean! :LOL: Edit: Ah you meant about the bands... not the quietness! LOL

And as if to rub it in "It's All Over Now" (by the Saw Doctors) is playing! :mad::LOL:

They are an Irish folk/rock band. They tour in America regularly but they are very "small time". (I've seen them live twice and they were fantastic.)

Last edited:
I meant the flat seems quiet since Bernie left but I get what you mean! :LOL:

And as if to rub it in "It's All Over Now" (by the Saw Doctors) is playing! :mad::LOL:

They are an Irish folk/rock band. They tour in America regularly but they are very "small time". (I've seen them live twice and they were fantastic.)

Yes, I know. I was referring to this: "I'm sort of assuming the middle two are reasonably well-known on the other side of the pond..."
The middle two are a lot more well known, but I've heard of the one.
We had a music thread here somewhere, you should youtube them and post it up. It was "what are you listening to now" or something...

Yes, I know. I was referring to this: "I'm sort of assuming the middle two are reasonably well-known on the other side of the pond..."
The middle two are a lot more well known, but I've heard of the one.
We had a music thread here somewhere, you should youtube them and post it up. It was "what are you listening to now" or something...

Yep, I realised that after posting! Doh! (I edited) ;)

Too lazy to hunt up the movie thread... but I'm watching A Few Good Men for the umpteenth time and as the opening credits were rolling by I saw that Christopher Guest was in the movie. I'm guessing he was the doctor going from memory.
Another oldie, I watched Witness today (Harrison Ford, the Amish) and saw what looked like a young Viggo Mortensen. He must have had all of three words in the movie. And sure enough. Now I'm curious what he made for his bit part. More than an extra, but not by much.
Anyway, whoda thunk Christopher Guest was in a Few Good Men without actually knowing?

We had our 29th wedding anniversary yesterday. Just relaxing & lounging today, watching movies & eating popcorn. I feel like baking something but afraid I would sit down & eat it all. Our German girls left this morning, back to potsdam, Germany.
Congrats! Time to start planning a party or trip to celebrate the 30th! Those ending in "0" are biggies!

Just in case you want to post your favorite videos for McColl and Saw Doctors:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/music-feeds-the-soul-85944-2.html

Time to get that puppy moving along again now that the colder weather is coming.

Wow, where did that thread come from?
Here's the one I was thinking of http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/what-music-are-you-listening-to-52564-40.html

So many music threads... I remember when duplicate threads used to be merged. This should make Janet and that member happy. Not too many pages long to find a music thread to post in :LOL:

Playing Torment a Cat, great pastime. Latté is sleeping and I keep petting her, giving her scritches. So far she is tolerating it.

I just waved off my best and oldest friend, Bernie (Bernadette) after a really lovely evening. :)

And here is what we listened to: (anyone who considers themselves as musically well-informed should look away now)

Kirsty McColl
The Eagles
The BeeGees
The Saw Doctors

(I'm sort of assuming the middle two are reasonably well-known on the other side of the pond but maybe not Kirsty or The Saw Doctors?)

It's all gone a bit quiet now. :(

I could listen to the BeeGees all day and all night. I love their harmony. :angel:

We had our 29th wedding anniversary yesterday. Just relaxing & lounging today, watching movies & eating popcorn. I feel like baking something but afraid I would sit down & eat it all. Our German girls left this morning, back to Potsdam, Germany.

Congratulations SB and DH. That is quite an accomplishment. My daughter also will be married 29 years on the 29th. They will be going out to supper and then home to bed. She used to be the party girl. Love to go out dancing all night. Now she is lucky if she can tap her foot to two beats. Following right in her mothers footsteps. Right into old age. I managed to outlive two husbands. So much for growing old together. Maybe I should be looking for a third victim!

Good girl for eating the pop corn and not baking a no no!! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom