What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ladies, congrats on the good reports!

I'm afraid I'm in the group that wouldn't need any implant seeing as how you wouldn't even notice something was gone. Unless surgery would leave a sinkhole?:ermm: At least we don't have to worry about gravity as we age, huh PF?

That's what my Mom always said! I've even been using that as a signature. ;)

Gravity has been rather kind to me so far.:LOL:

Hmmm, not as many people doing things as there used to be... :LOL:

I am sitting here thinking about how I just used up my last K cup from that order and when I can scoot to the hardware store to pick up some more to tide me over until I can find another sweet deal. :wacko:

And wondering what my plan of attack is going to be with the wide hole that keeps appearing where my front deck meets the ground...
I do have a cellar window that opens into that space, I'm just not too sure I want to open it and stick my head in there with a flashlight :shock:

I am sitting here thinking about how I just used up my last K cup from that order and when I can scoot to the hardware store to pick up some more to tide me over until I can find another sweet deal. :wacko:

And wondering what my plan of attack is going to be with the wide hole that keeps appearing where my front deck meets the ground...
I do have a cellar window that opens into that space, I'm just not too sure I want to open it and stick my head in there with a flashlight :shock:

Today is the perfect day for that job!

I have not crawled under a porch or into a crawl space since I was 12, came face to face with a mummified flat cat! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Today is the perfect day for that job!

I have not crawled under a porch or into a crawl space since I was 12, came face to face with a mummified flat cat! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

You sound like you want to rekindle those childhood memories, Bea :mrgreen:

Just sitting here thinking about how we'll have about 300 kids show up at our door tonight and how we have all of about 10 kids on the street actually young enough to trick-or-treat. I mean come ON man, when you no longer need burnt cork to make yourself look like you have stubble it's time to give it up! Two baskets of goodies...one full of cheap crap for the older kids, the nice things for the littles. And the big kids around here are so pushy sometimes I have to get past them to give the little ones their treats. Grrrrr.......

300!!! Holy moly! I'm excited if I see more than 20 these days! Its going to be a warm night so we might get a few extra. We'll see!

I'm relaxing after my second day at my new job. It's exhausting meeting loads of new people and trying to absorb loads of new information! But I must say the people all seem very nice. The office I work in has windows on two sides with loads of trees and parkland outside and I have been promised a personal tour of the mansion house very soon!

The dining hall (and I do mean "hall" as in panelled walls with a high vaulted ceiling and oil paintings of "important" people dotted around), serves excellent subsidised meals at lunchtime. A hot meal costs £1.90 (about $2.80). Which compares very well with my previous employers' pretty mediocre canteen food which generally cost from £3.50 to £5 ($5.25 - $7.50). Today, I had breadcrumbed baked fillet of salmon, with green beans, carrots and gorgeous herb-buttered new potatoes.

Of course this all means I am doing no cooking in the evening! :LOL:

You get K cups from a hardware store Pac? :huh: (I looked up K cups and it says they are a "coffee brewing system in a cup" - so how come you get them from a hardware store?)

As for the window into the dark and creepy space under the deck - no way I'd go anywhere near it!! :chicken:

Sitting out front with a tub of candy...waiting for trick-or-treaters and trying VERY HARD not too eat any of tha candy!

ForumRunner_20131031_181405.jpg

I'm relaxing after my second day at my new job. It's exhausting meeting loads of new people and trying to absorb loads of new information! But I must say the people all seem very nice. The office I work in has windows on two sides with loads of trees and parkland outside and I have been promised a personal tour of the mansion house very soon!

The dining hall (and I do mean "hall" as in panelled walls with a high vaulted ceiling and oil paintings of "important" people dotted around), serves excellent subsidised meals at lunchtime. A hot meal costs £1.90 (about $2.80). Which compares very well with my previous employers' pretty mediocre canteen food which generally cost from £3.50 to £5 ($5.25 - $7.50). Today, I had breadcrumbed baked fillet of salmon, with green beans, carrots and gorgeous herb-buttered new potatoes.

Of course this all means I am doing no cooking in the evening! :LOL:

Does the mansion have a history? Sounds like a dream job. What do you do? Can I come for lunch? A thousand questions I know. but inquiring minds want to know. Love the cost of your meals. :angel:

I'm thinking I should send the little girls upstairs to play while the getting's good. They like to "Help" and anyone who rings the doorbell Always comes to specifically see them. I better do this, even though one of them will stand inside the stairway on a step and jiggle the door knob and caterwall. O well, it's only for a couple hours.

I never did get around to buying mysel... the trick or treaters candy this year.
Now I'm bummed. That's what I usually buy.

Does the mansion have a history? Sounds like a dream job. What do you do? Can I come for lunch? A thousand questions I know. but inquiring minds want to know. Love the cost of your meals. :angel:

Here you go Addie! I don't work in the mansion - I am in one of the many many ancillary buildings that are in the grounds. I am a Programme Coordinator - which means I help set up training courses for high-ranking police officers. (The place is teeming with police - some of them from all around the world - it's completely fascinating!)

Bramshill House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can certainly come for lunch - after you have had a full security vetting! :LOL:

Here you go Addie! I don't work in the mansion - I am in one of the many many ancillary buildings that are in the grounds. I am a Programme Coordinator - which means I help set up training courses for high-ranking police officers. (The place is teeming with police - some of them from all around the world - it's completely fascinating!)

You can certainly come for lunch - after you have had a full security vetting! :LOL:

Wow! That is some mansion. I would love to meet some of the 14 ghosts. How lucky for you to have found this job. Sure beats sitting in a cubicle all day long and staring at a computer. :angel:

I could pass security. The FBI and The Boston Police Department both have a complete set of my fingerprints and full palms. I worked for the Boston Police Department in Charlestown. Not the safest part of Boston. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom