What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! That is some mansion. I would love to meet some of the 14 ghosts. How lucky for you to have found this job. Sure beats sitting in a cubicle all day long and staring at a computer. :angel:

Yes I must say, it is a pretty spectacular place to work! Seems it was worth not finding a job for the past year. Driving up the long drive you have the mansion in front of you, framed by trees. It's really beautiful. :)

I could pass security. The FBI and The Boston Police Department both have a complete set of my fingerprints and full palms. I worked for the Boston Police Department in Charlestown. Not the safest part of Boston. :angel:

I swear you're like 121 year old Jack Crabb.
Man, you've done everything. You should change your handle to Little Big Woman :) ;)
Dang, even down to the American Indian ancestry... amazing. Fascinating life.

Yes I must say, it is a pretty spectacular place to work! Seems it was worth not finding a job for the past year. Driving up the long drive you have the mansion in front of you, framed by trees. It's really beautiful. :)

Why do I hear DA's piano in the background and see a yellow Lab coming down the stairs? :LOL:
Truly amazing place. I can't imagine.

I could pass security. The FBI and The Boston Police Department both have a complete set of my fingerprints and full palms. I worked for the Boston Police Department in Charlestown. Not the safest part of Boston. :angel:

I have no doubt you would pass security Addie! :LOL: Just don't bring a gun with you!

Why do I hear DA's piano in the background and see a yellow Lab coming down the stairs? :LOL:
Truly amazing place. I can't imagine.

Oh come now Pac - it's nothing like Highclere Castle!! :LOL:

Actually, they wanted to make an episode of "Most Haunted" because of all the alleged ghosts, but the Home Office declined because of security issues.

I suppose it is wrong to say it tonight of all nights, but I don't believe in ghosts! :LOL:

I don't believe in ghosts either, but I do believe in unexplained incidents.
And everyone needs a scapegoat, lol.

Stephen King summed up my beliefs about ghosts when he said “...Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

I believe! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

well my house came with a ghost. For real. Friendly, sometimes sits on the edge of my bed in the middle of the night. You can't see it, but the bed has a definite "give" to it, like a presence is sitting beside you. Other times, it rings the doorbell in the middle of the night. And wakes me up. I'm ok with it. It was here before me, so what are you going to do anyway.

well my house came with a ghost. For real. Friendly, sometimes sits on the edge of my bed in the middle of the night. You can't see it, but the bed has a definite "give" to it, like a presence is sitting beside you. Other times, it rings the doorbell in the middle of the night. And wakes me up. I'm ok with it. It was here before me, so what are you going to do anyway.

Get out of that house!

Talk about a boo-t-y call, no thanks! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Yes. Heath bars and baby ruths and butterfingers and tootsie rolls..and...

Hmm. In this more recent pic, I noticed the Heath Bars were missing....

I would enjoy the rest of the selection as well!

Last edited:
I don't believe in ghosts either, but I do believe in unexplained incidents.
And everyone needs a scapegoat, lol.

Oh I blame the nightly "clunk" of one of my kitchen cupboard doors on a ghost. There is no other logical explanation for it! ;)

I don't actually believe in ghosts, but I lived in a house with a ghost cat and a ghost mouse. You would see them out of the corner of your eye. No, the cat didn't chase the mouse. My exDH "saw" them too.

I don't actually believe in ghosts, but I lived in a house with a ghost cat and a ghost mouse. You would see them out of the corner of your eye. No, the cat didn't chase the mouse. My exDH "saw" them too.

I lived in a house (brand new, but spookily enough, built on the site of an old graveyard!) << seriously, it was! And one of my cats (Crackle) spent many an hour staring at a blank piece of wall for no reason I could think of other than he was seeing something I wasn't! (It creeped me out that Crackle did that!) :LOL:

That is pretty wild Whiskas. I think it would be pretty cool to share that experience, but then I remember I'm afraid of such things. Wow.

I lived in a house (brand new, but spookily enough, built on the site of an old graveyard!) << seriously, it was! And one of my cats (Crackle) spent many an hour staring at a blank piece of wall for no reason I could think of other than he was seeing something I wasn't! (It creeped me out that Crackle did that!) :LOL:
I thought all cats saw things we can't see.

I thought all cats saw things we can't see.

I had two cats at the time - both exactly the same age and living with me from 8 weeks. Only Crackle did the "staring" thing.

My current cat, Burt, stares at things sometimes, but that is because he is a proficient hunter and brings mice in. He plays with them by letting them go to hide in the flat....

I think Burt may be evil. :devilish:

He is very sweet to us humans - he lets us live at least....

I swear you're like 121 year old Jack Crabb.
Man, you've done everything. You should change your handle to Little Big Woman :) ;)
Dang, even down to the American Indian ancestry... amazing. Fascinating life.

I took advantage of every opportunity that came my way. I always considered it as a way to teach my kids, that Eastie is not the center of the world. My second husband was a commercial fisherman and we followed his job. Texas, Washington, California, Hawaii, Boston, etc. There was something to teach my kids some of the history of the country that didn't make it into the text books of their school. And I had a blast doing it. So did my kids. :angel:

I have never heard of any ghost that killed anyone. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom