What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I lived in a house (brand new, but spookily enough, built on the site of an old graveyard!) << seriously, it was! And one of my cats (Crackle) spent many an hour staring at a blank piece of wall for no reason I could think of other than he was seeing something I wasn't! (It creeped me out that Crackle did that!) :LOL:

The graveyard, the staring cat, yep. Sounds like ominous goings on to me.

So anyway I am watching Kicking Bird, Stands With Fist and Dunbar for the umpteenth time while listening to the thunderstorm going on outside.
Yesterday dead calm and sunny, tonight 40mph winds and storming. Such is life.

Guess TorT is over now. Some really cute costumes tonight! Unfortunately, the weather sucked, and the rain that we really needed back in July magically appeared today, all day.

I do remember snow on Halloween a few years back.

So anyway I am watching Kicking Bird, Stands With Fist and Dunbar for the umpteenth time while listening to the thunderstorm going on outside.
Yesterday dead calm and sunny, tonight 40mph winds and storming. Such is life.

:ohmy: How weird is that, when the last of the little ghosts, goblins and princesses left, I turned off the porch light and put in Dances With Wolves, too. One of my most fave movies ever. :LOL:

Tonigh we are hanging out and reading, hiding from the trick or treating. Not many kids in our neighbourhood, and unfortunately have some gang activity on a semi regular basis. Good night for it here though, the weather finally warmed up and the snow all melted :)

.... A hot meal costs £1.90 (about $2.80). Which compares very well with my previous employers' pretty mediocre canteen food which generally cost from £3.50 to £5 ($5.25 - $7.50). Today, I had breadcrumbed baked fillet of salmon, with green beans, carrots and gorgeous herb-buttered new potatoes.

Of course this all means I am doing no cooking in the evening! :LOL:

Katy, I'm so happy that you landed a job that sounds so nice. Makes having to get up and go in a lot easier. Now about those better-than-adequate meals you'll be having for lunch...does this mean poor Ollie is going to starve? Or will the dining hall let you do take-away for his supper. ;)

Bramshill House is quite lovely, but too large for me to clean. Don't bother letting me know if it goes on the market.

And on the subject of ghosts:

1379690_10151941173147866_1399006766_n.jpg

..."that ghost"??? :ermm: :ohmy:

I'm heading to bed. I know it's not four-am but I NEED to get to sleep earlier. Been dying on my feet lately. Lack of sleep=terminal dumbness. 'Night!

It's an all nighter again for me. Paid some bills on line, SS came in early this month, some pokey cleaning, listening and/or watching Perry Mason in B&W, and playing stupid games on the computer. Evidently, I haven't been eating. There is no dirty silverware in the sink looking to be washed.

Have to check my grocery list. Will be grocery shopping early, early Monday morning. Since the SS checks came in early, and food stamps come out on the first of the month, you can bet that the supermarket will be packed over the weekend. So Spike and I wait until the mad rush is over. Sometimes we arrive so early, we have to wait until they unlock the doors. Then we have the whole store to ourselves. Which is good in some ways, but then there is no one I can knock down with the electric cart. Kind of takes the fun our of my day.

One time a woman and her cart were blocking the whole aisle. I politely asked her to move her cart so I could get by. She just looked at me, walked off to get something else and left the cart right there. It took her awhile, but she found her cart down at the end of the store. I just backed up a bit, then went forward at top speed right into the back of her cart. It wasn't my fault. I was just trying to get by. I did receive some applause from bystanders. :angel:

I had a favourite Aunt that used to hire herself out as a house-de-ghoster. She advertised in local papers, in the help offered columns. My favourite story of hers:

a woman phoned to ask her over for tea (no mention of ghosting, just 'come for tea'). While Aunt Mary was drinking her tea, she noticed a little old lady popping her head in and out of the doorway to the room.
Later, she asked the house owner...."who was the woman popping her head in and out of the doorway while we had tea?"

The woman replied: "I KNEW you would be able to see her! - she lives here, seems harmless. I just want to know why she's here, and is it ok if I live here too. Does she want help "moving on"?

So, Aunt Mary stayed awhile until she could talk to the ghost woman....and the ghost woman told her: "my son went away to war, and I promised him that I'd be here when he returned". Aunt Mary researched a bit, and learned that the son had died in the war; then the old ghost-woman died and stayed inhouse as ghost, waiting for him.

Aunt Mary asked the house-owner if she'd like her to persuade the old ghost to 'move on'. But the house owner said: "oh no, she's quite good company for me....you can just leave her in peace here".

I love early morning shopping, Addie! I got all my shopping done and am planning some dishes using my new goodies.

Just relaxing now. My back hurts from the exercise, but a couple of beers are soothing and I don't have to cook tonight having bought a couple of chunky soups. Payday is a good day!

I had a favourite Aunt that used to hire herself out as a house-de-ghoster. She advertised in local papers, in the help offered columns. My favourite story of hers:

a woman phoned to ask her over for tea (no mention of ghosting, just 'come for tea'). While Aunt Mary was drinking her tea, she noticed a little old lady popping her head in and out of the doorway to the room.
Later, she asked the house owner...."who was the woman popping her head in and out of the doorway while we had tea?"

The woman replied: "I KNEW you would be able to see her! - she lives here, seems harmless. I just want to know why she's here, and is it ok if I live here too. Does she want help "moving on"?

So, Aunt Mary stayed awhile until she could talk to the ghost woman....and the ghost woman told her: "my son went away to war, and I promised him that I'd be here when he returned". Aunt Mary researched a bit, and learned that the son had died in the war; then the old ghost-woman died and stayed inhouse as ghost, waiting for him.

Aunt Mary asked the house-owner if she'd like her to persuade the old ghost to 'move on'. But the house owner said: "oh no, she's quite good company for me....you can just leave her in peace here".

Love that Ghost Story, Soma!!! Thanks!

Waiting another 15 minutes until it's 8PM - so I can see if I'm a bazillionaire from the 3 lottery tickets I bought this evening. I never buy them - except for today. :ohmy: :LOL:

I had a favourite Aunt that used to hire herself out as a house-de-ghoster. She advertised in local papers, in the help offered columns. My favourite story of hers...
She must have been a lot of fun to be around. No wonder she was a favorite aunt!

My Mom swore she didn't believe in ghosts. However, two different times during the 1960's she told me she had seen her Mom "that day". Grandma had died in 1945. When I reminded Mom that she didn't believe in ghosts she said "but that wasn't a ghost, that was my Mother!" :LOL:

Just finished looking at pictures of breakfasts from around the world at USA Today Online. Tasty looking stuff. I liked Sweden's open faced sandwich with cucumber slices on it. Different.

I have always been able to "feel" a presence if there is one there. I have been in some properties that the hair on the back of my neck & arms have stood on end. One time, I saw an older lady sitting in a chair in an older museum. It was in the study of an older farm site from the 1800's. Never could explain it & nobody else saw her that day. It all just gives me an uneasy feeling.

Ghosts don't make me uneasy, I feel comfortable. Of course, at first I get a little shot of adrenaline until I understand what is happening. In my work, ghosts are a given.

If they are mischievous, I just tell them that I've noticed and now it's time for some sleep. They just want to be acknowledged. There are a couple of rooms on the unit that have lights go on and off if the room has been empty too long. Others have been ghosts that I knew when they were alive, they are not scary at all. Like the woman who came back to greet her husband the night he died, I took care of her the night she died.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom