What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I also had to replant some chives that I moved at the same time, so the workmen wouldn't step on them. I still haven't figured out a good place for the chives, so I piled all the compost and planted them in the compost pile....
20131102_173102.jpg
That is one lovely looking pile of black gold taxy! Is your compost bin store-bought or homemade? Himself used scrap lumber from the building sites when our first house went up to build two bins abutted. I would pile and stir in one bin, then when it started to break down I'd flip it to the second bin to finish. Haven't had a compost pile since that house and I miss it - or at least its results!

Well, my plan for this morning is not going to happen, at least not the way I intended. My mom had shoulder surgery last Thursday and we're going up to visit (a two-hour drive). Her husband doesn't cook much ;) so I was planning to make a big pot of ribollita (Italian twice-boiled soup with lots of veggies, beans, greens and bread for thickening), but I'm not feeling well, so I'm not up to shopping and cooking. We're still going, because we are also taking them a load of dirt from digging out our patio for them to use as fill somewhere on their property.

So Plan B: We will stop at Food Lion on the way and get a rotisserie chicken, Bob Evans mashed potatoes, frozen green beans, and some nice rolls. I will also take them a quart container of frozen stuffed-bell-pepper stuffing I have and we will buy some peppers at the store, so they can have that later in the week. And I've already collected and printed a bunch of easy meal ideas to take, many of them gleaned from the Semi-Homemade Lazy Meals thread - so thanks for that, all! :)

That is one lovely looking pile of black gold taxy! Is your compost bin store-bought or homemade? Himself used scrap lumber from the building sites when our first house went up to build two bins abutted. I would pile and stir in one bin, then when it started to break down I'd flip it to the second bin to finish. Haven't had a compost pile since that house and I miss it - or at least its results!
Compost bin was from the city. They subsidized the cost, 'cause it saves them in garbage pickup. It's plastic and looks like a headless dalek. I think we paid $30 for it. And yes, that is a lovely pile of compost. I haven't been adding to it since mid July or turned it or anything and it was all ready! :mrgreen:

You took both blankets at the same time? Why not one at a time? Where are they going to sleep? Now you have me worried about their happiness! :angel:

To Costco we will go!

While to some who have a local Costco, this is no big deal. To us, it's an Adventure! Have been working on my list for weeks.

The nearest Costco is 45 minutes away, and there's a football game in that town, so traffic might be a PITA. It does beat having to travel 3+ hours to BIL's, which was previously the closest Costco.

You took both blankets at the same time? Why not one at a time? Where are they going to sleep? Now you have me worried about their happiness! :angel:

They are managing just fine on the couch without their blankies. When you only do laundry every two to three weeks...at the laundromat...

I have about twice what I usually do, I grabbed the outfits for my trip on the 11th and will wash, dry and fold them directly into my suitcase to assure there is no cat hair on them.

I am sitting here in limbo wondering what I am doing with the day :wacko:
I woke up at 3:00 real time and watched a few movies. Did you ever notice how movies on the tube were linked? I only have the Encore package, or Starz or one of them, and every movie I watched this morning had an actor in the next movie. Matthew McConaughey Dazed and Confused, Matthew again in The Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Lopez with Richard Gere in some dancing movie... and I'm pretty sure I saw The Jackal on another channel this morning, too. Weird. At least when you are running on very little sleep.

So I also went grocery shopping at 7:30 and found out they don't open all the doors to the store that early. Of course that means the one I parked nearest to.
Picked up some supplies for today's PPPC and grabbed two McMuffins on the way home. Still not hungry, but I feel like I should be.

It just feels like a weird day. Need more coffee...

Back
Top Bottom