What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting in total confusion and amazement at what I though would be a simple task.

Last week, we completed all the necessary paperwork to allow Glenn to add me to his health insurance plan, effective January 1, 2014. That went textbook perfectly. No glitches. No hassles.

Now.....I must cancel my federal insurance plan that Buck and I had. I was able to keep the plan because I was his widow. Here's the rub.

Because it is a government program, I have to deal with the Office of Personnel Management in D.C. I've perused their website to try to determine which form I need to complete in order to simply cancel the plan. Sheesh!

The form I determined to be the necessary one is OPM SF2809. There are 13 pages of instructions and tables on how to complete it. The form itself is only 2 pages long, of which I need only to fill out a couple of areas. One of the initial questions instructs me to enter the code for the Qualifying Life Event (QLE) that will allow me to cancel. None of the QLEs fit a simple cancellation. Ugh!

HOWEVER.....a different form, OPM RI 79-9, is referenced. So, I go to the website and download that form. Whoa! This one seems much simpler and more to the point. Except that, when I called OPM last week, I was told I needed SF2809.

At the rate I'm going, I'll be 90 (or feel like it) before I get this done.

Looks like I'll be making another call to OPM tomorrow. Oh, joy!!!

Katie, I sure hope you get this settled before you get the urge to drive to DC and shoot someone! Nothing worse than having to deal with paperwork, especially when you're made to run in circles. Seems like anything "government" has bigger circles too! "We're from the government, and we're hear to help." :ohmy:

I'm stalling. We leave for vacation Tuesday but at this rate I'll have to stay behind when the car pulls away. I don't WANT to stay behind! This will be the view from our balcony and I want to go here:

Attachments

• 2012-11-29 17.35.27.jpg
    2012-11-29 17.35.27.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 202
Shopping done for the week, I hope. Went to costco today. Nice restful, leisure kind of weekend.

Careful Cat, PF's a professional, and may have a few years on you!

Thanks for that, Dawg. I wanted to respond, but eventually figured out PatCat would just have to learn that sometimes you can poke the Ogress, and sometimes you can get poked. :LOL:

Cat, she is a nice lady, but as an Ogres, oh dear, watch out. You may get what you wish for.

I am sitting here calling the Pirate a few not so nice names. He spent the weekend with me and caught up on some rest. I don't mind that, but he left a mess behind. I hate when he leaves the remnants of his beard in the sink. And he didn't put the bed up. I can clean the sink, but will have to have Spike put the bed up.

First thing early in the morning, is shopping day for me. Not something I am looking forward to. :angel:

I shall not let of the Ogress to get the upper hand of me!

I found of very inexpensive cattle prods of Ebay for of poking.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, she is a nice lady, but as an Ogres, oh dear, watch out. You may get what you wish for.

I am sitting here calling the Pirate a few not so nice names. He spent the weekend with me and caught up on some rest. I don't mind that, but he left a mess behind. I hate when he leaves the remnants of his beard in the sink. And he didn't put the bed up. I can clean the sink, but will have to have Spike put the bed up.

First thing early in the morning, is shopping day for me. Not something I am looking forward to. :angel:

I can give to you some very good Romanian not so nice names if you wish.

Who is Pirate and Spike?

With love,
~Cat

I have my own prods...

Ouch! May I borrow of one with which to poke you? It would save me much of the money of these of Ebay.

Thank you for to be teasing. All of you, also!

Perhaps a taser? All one has to do is to hit of a policeman over his head and steal this from of him.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom