What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But that turkey neck always gets to be the wonderful Thanksgiving gravy. Try to get more necks. Those are great for stew/stock. Incredible flavor!!!

Sorry, Jo, I can't help myself. With limited freezer space, I can't help wanting to help you fill yours up. Guess I'm jealous. The first of the month, I fill mine up quickly. If I'm not careful, I break the fan that keeps both freezer and fridge cool. If I do that again, the maintenance guy with have a fit. He didn't like it last time it happened.

I didn't think it was over stuffed, but with the venting in the back of the freezer, it can be finicky.

Sorry, Jo, I can't help myself. With limited freezer space, I can't help wanting to help you fill yours up. Guess I'm jealous. The first of the month, I fill mine up quickly. If I'm not careful, I break the fan that keeps both freezer and fridge cool. If I do that again, the maintenance guy with have a fit. He didn't like it last time it happened.

I didn't think it was over stuffed, but with the venting in the back of the freezer, it can be finicky.

Same for me!

I always have to think about how much room I have in the freezer when I'm out shopping and find a bargain.

I have been eating out of the freeer inventory to make sure I have room for a turkey.

The turkey wars should be starting soon, I need to be ready to take a prisoner or two! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thinking I should get on the phone and call OPM to get the correct word on how to pursue the cancellation of my health insurance. I've made my list of questions, along with the government form numbers that might apply. Gotta love trying to get something done with the feds. Yep, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.":rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same for me!

I always have to think about how much room I have in the freezer when I'm out shopping and find a bargain.

I have been eating out of the freeer inventory to make sure I have room for a turkey.

The turkey wars should be starting soon, I need to be ready to take a prisoner or two! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm presuming you're cooking for more people than just yourself, or is it just for your freezer?

Now that's a thought!

Tell me more, AB, please.

I live alone too, and can't imagine why I'd cook a whole turkey.

Last edited:
I should cook from the freezer more...as it is, I don't notice until I go to put something in how full it is.

Hi, Princess! Good morning. After having to replace my whole fridge/freezer unit because of supposedly over filling, I'm a lot more conscious about the space in there. My maintenance man was quite annoyed at "too much stuff" in my freezer.

It wasn't really stuffed, and I've always made sure there was good ventilation, but apparently I should only fill it 3/4 full or else the cheapo fan will makes lots of noise then start building up frost and messing everything up.

I know, it's really not my fault, but cheap fridges which makes kind of sense when you're providing an appliance for low income housing.

Because there was an el-cheapo fridge in the apartment that was more than 30 years old and the same with the stove...the owner replaced the stove. He agreed to replace one or the other. His el-cheapo fridge now sits in his garage and I bought my own up to date fridge. A nice Whirlpool that is perfect for us, the shelves are tempered glass and come out to wash.

My deep freeze is another story, it's almost 50 years old and runs like a top. The brand is Coronado!

Really! Coronado? Never heard of it.

I thought about buying a smallish freezer, but my final thought was that I needed to be able to live within my means. I mean, think about it. How would I ever use all of it up? That would be wasting food, and Mom would not approve.

It's a challenge, living within my means, but I'm starting to feel proud of myself that I'm actually able to do it and still enjoy the foods I crave.

I must be dreaming or in the Twilight Zone.

Just got off the phone with OPM. The call took only 12 minutes, start to finish including hold time and a short end of call survey. I spoke with someone who seemed to have the voice of reason, answered all my questions, and confirmed that I had determined the correct form to complete.

All that I have to do now is to print the form, complete it and get it in the mail on December 1.

What I had anticipated would take up most of my morning is done and I can get on with my day and, hopefully, use my new "found" time wisely.

I am trying to understand of these very odd blue potatoes. Just when I think I know of all of foods, someone throws the switch and makes of my train of thought to derail!

With love,
~Cat

I should cook from the freezer more...as it is, I don't notice until I go to put something in how full it is.

I heard that! My upstairs freezer is pathetic it's crammed with so much stuff. No wonder stuff goes bad before I notice it.

It's the Office of Personnel Management in Washington, DC.

Is that where you work? Don't mean to pry, but just confused why you wanted to contact them and how it helped you get things done.

I hope you get a chance to usefully use that extra time. Are you making good use of the free time? How?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom