What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listening to The Voice, jumping up and down when they announce who's been saved, eating a pear and giggling over Shrek telling me the cats are still looking for me. Apparently Latté thinks I'm closed up in the bedroom.

Pondering. I was actually excited about jury duty this morning. Criminal case. Had my Kindle at the ready for down times. All of us potential jurors showed up, but after 2 hours the defendant didn't, so we were dismissed. Now the guy has a warrant for failure to appear, and is in really big trouble!

Was wondering how that went, dawgluver. :) Yikes...yeah he is in DS now, even worse than before. :ohmy:

I'll be firing up the smoker in a couple hours. I've got some Canadian bacon to make.

E-mailing back and forth with Shrek, trying to wake up...have to call my co-worker in a few minutes to wake her up.

After class today there is a group of us headed to Costco...they say the store here is twice as big as the one in Missoula. Yes, I go on a vacay to visit Costco...

Last edited:
E-mailing back and forth with Shrek, trying to wake up...have to call my co-worker in a few minutes to wake her up.

After class today there is a group of us headed to Costco...they say the store here is twice as big as the one in Missoula. Yes, I go on a vacay to visit Costco...
:LOL:
If you ever come visit me, we have to go to Ikea. Ours is the biggest one in North America.

I'm trying to wake up. I have a Danish Club lunch today and I have to drop off the car to have the winter wheels with the snow tires put on the car. It's a short walk from Swedish Auto to the Royal Canadian Legion, where we have the luncheons.

I'm waiting to hear if they need me to print out the financial reports. The president was going to do that, but his internet connection is down, so he can't access them.

Whoa! I've spent most of today gauging how to bake the quantity of French bread necessary for my friend's fundraiser. Been a challenge but I think I've gotten a handle on it.

The rest of today has been occupied with assorted chores and odd tasks.

One of my projects today was to create a gift for one of our granddaughters who will be 10 in December.

A number of months ago I came across the cutest little flower arrangement pot(?)/container. Looks like a cupcake.

Well, I immediately thought of our sweet little girl. So I got busy with my hot glue gun and some flower "parts" and created some nail polish "flowers."

So...

She'll have her birthday soon and she's into "girlie" stuff. I thought we'd give her a nail polish "bouquet." What do you think?

Oh my goodness my 12 year old granddaughter would love one of those. You have given me a great idea. Thanks, Jo

I just finally got around to firing up the smoker. I had forgotten about the bacon needing to dry out in the refrigerator a bit (unwrapped), hence the delay.
So now I'm hoping 3/4 chimney will see it through. It's cold out there.

Dawg, speaking of jury duty, I'm sitting here thinking "I'm free at last" after a solid week. I was put on a jury late last Wed. and we came to a verdict just before noon today. I counted up today how many times I have been called over the years, and I have shown up 21 times and served on four criminal trials including this one. I don't begrudge any time I've served, but stick a fork in me, I'm done.:ermm::)
I'll turn 70 next month (gulp, shudder) and in this state one is no longer required to serve if one doesn't feel up to it at that age. I still feel up to snorkeling, but it's time to retire my "juror" badge and let them call someone else. :mrgreen:

Whoa! Kayelle, most folks NEVER get called for jury duty! I thought I was special as I've been called 5 times. A Latina friend told me that when she lived in CA, she kept getting called too, 3 times, and chalked it up to being a minority.

Yep, I think you're done!

Last edited:
Dawg, there was a 67 yr old man on this jury who had never seen the inside of a courtroom and had never been called to serve before. I haven't a
clue why I've been called so many times as I've sure never won any lottery, as mush as I've tried.
I was nearly sure I would be eliminated from jury selection this time when I told them that Steve sometimes flies for Civil Air Patrol, along the Mexican border in conjunction with the DEA, and this was a drug case. People are often eliminated if they have an uncle in law enforcement for pete sake. :wacko:

Happy I just got my computor back from the shop, now I am ready for bed & to tired to enjoy it!

OK. Kayelle, I follow your blog, and there is NO WAY you will be 70 next month. You need to recheck your birth certificate. My grandma was 70, a long time ago, and you don't look like my grandma!

Last day of class tomorrow, so I'm ready for bed. Not looking forward to the drive home afterwards. It's going to be a long day.

Well PF, I finally got the message. I actually took my full dose of my Vicodin today. Two pills, tid. Not because of my foot. That is feeling much better. But because of my hip. Which is the original reason for the prescription. I am walking off balance to accommodate my foot and that has my hip bone grinding on itself. Bone on bone. Nothing was helping to relieve the pain once it started. Not even sitting or lying down to give my hip a rest. Once the pain started, it got real good. It took a while, but lesson finally learned.

For the past six years one of the main reasons I was taking them less frequently than prescribed was because I didn't want to become dependent on them for pain management. After all, I should be able to handle pain. I have always had a very high tolerance for pain. I always had in the back of my mind that if I only asked for refills less than was prescribed, it would let Winthrop know that I was not selling them on the street, (a BIG problem in Boston) and that I didn't really need them. Just occasionally when I over extended myself and ignored the obvious.

The Pirate once told me he could find pain meds on the street from an elderly person quicker than a dealer. Specially at the end of the month when their funds are running low. That is scary. :angel:

Yes, that is what they are for, to help you move. Until you can weight bear on the toe, you should take them as often as you can, once you are moving better, then you can back off.

:angel: One for you and your travels. Stop frequently for rest and stretching. Will be waiting to hear you made it home safely! :angel:

It's only a 2 hour drive, but it is at the end of an 8 hour class day and I'm awake three hours before that. We will stop. Two older ladies riding in the car...we will have to stop to potty. Thanks, Addie!:angel::angel:

It's only a 2 hour drive, but it is at the end of an 8 hour class day and I'm awake three hours before that. We will stop. Two older ladies riding in the car...we will have to stop to potty. Thanks, Addie!:angel::angel:

Roll down the windows and start singing to the windshield!

:whistling...I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll
No dinky tinker toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom