What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel much better! The vet called back, and Kali has an irritable bowel. I'm taking her back tomorrow for an anti-inflammatory shot. The vet recommended a bland diet of boiled chicken and we'll speak of changing the cat food tomorrow.

Now I'm thawing two chicken breasts in the microwave, and I've taken away the regular cat food. They both are going to have to eat this until Kali gets better and I can put them on a better cat food.

With love,
~Cat

I'm glad to hear it's not more serious, Cat :)

I just finished straightening up, putting dishes away, etc. Now I'm going to scan some more pics from a neighbor's album. I volunteered to be the historian for our neighborhood civic league and a neighbor loaned me a photo album his parents put together for his uncle: pictures of homes and businesses around the neighborhood with the names of people who had lived there for a long time. I'm hoping to collect stories about them from older neighbors.

Some of the structures are no longer here, like the old train depot. At the turn of the 20th century, my neighborhood was a resort area with boarding houses and piers into the river with trolley service from downtown.

I'm glad to hear it's not more serious, Cat :)

I just finished straightening up, putting dishes away, etc. Now I'm going to scan some more pics from a neighbor's album. I volunteered to be the historian for our neighborhood civic league and a neighbor loaned me a photo album his parents put together for his uncle: pictures of homes and businesses around the neighborhood with the names of people who had lived there for a long time. I'm hoping to collect stories about them from older neighbors.

Some of the structures are no longer here, like the old train depot. At the turn of the 20th century, my neighborhood was a resort area with boarding houses and piers into the river with trolley service from downtown.

Thank you, GG! And I'm sure you'll do very well with your project.

With love,
~Cat

I just stopped in to pay my respects regarding Kadesma's passing as I know there is strength in numbers and it was better to be here than by myself.

It is good to see some familiar names.

I have a shout out to Pacanis if he is still kicking around the place - I got my hands on a 2 year old Balderson cheddar and am savouring every bite!

Not sure when I will be back. My health conditions have escalated and I am not on the computer all that much. But I love you all.

Winding down from a busy day enjoying my glass of wine. Wishing my ankles were only half their age instead of feeling twice their age. Anyone know of really comfortable yet reasonably priced shoes for crabby feet? At this point I don't even care if they're what I used to call "Nun shoes". :ermm:

I wanted to suggest "ecco"-shoes to you, but they are even more expensive in the US than here....
You could try with some good outdoor/walking shoes.. I made good experience with that, too..

I just stopped in to pay my respects regarding Kadesma's passing as I know there is strength in numbers and it was better to be here than by myself.

It is good to see some familiar names.

I have a shout out to Pacanis if he is still kicking around the place - I got my hands on a 2 year old Balderson cheddar and am savouring every bite!

Not sure when I will be back. My health conditions have escalated and I am not on the computer all that much. But I love you all.

Kicking around? I try to kick something every day ;)
Nice to see you again. I thought of you a couple weeks ago when I was eating some mushrooms gratin :yum:

And Kadesma's passing? I must have missed something last night... :(

Kicking around? I try to kick something every day ;)
Nice to see you again. I thought of you a couple weeks ago when I was eating some mushrooms gratin :yum:

And Kadesma's passing? I must have missed something last night... :(
Thanks, Pac. My epitaph will be "She gave the world mushrooms gratin"! And that's just fine with me! :LOL:

Sorry to give you the news like that. I am still feeling the loss.

Winding down from a busy day enjoying my glass of wine. Wishing my ankles were only half their age instead of feeling twice their age. Anyone know of really comfortable yet reasonably priced shoes for crabby feet? At this point I don't even care if they're what I used to call "Nun shoes". :ermm:

When you write "crabby feet", are you talking about their shape or "mood"?

Do you have bunions? What size shoe do you need? How wide?

I have been told that Hush Puppies and Naturalizer are comfortable, but they don't really have any that fit me. Athletic "walking shoes" can be very comfortable, according to my ex-DH. They look like running shoes.

I wanted to suggest "ecco"-shoes to you, but they are even more expensive in the US than here....
You could try with some good outdoor/walking shoes.. I made good experience with that, too..
Yeah, they are pricey. I paid about $170 for a pair and they aren't very pretty. They are comfortable. I didn't want to pay that much, but finding shoes that fit isn't easy for me (C width feet with bunions). It's harder in Canada than in the US or Europe.

These are mine:

21253301001.jpg

I see from their online store that they have prettier shoes (and better prices than the local wide-shoe store).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom