What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting here bemoaning the fact that my arms look like I have had one heck of a severe beating. The upper left arm is dark blue, almost black from the BP cuff going off every 15 minutes. The whole right arm looks about the same from all the tourniquets and pokes while trying to find an accessible vein for the IV. This is what happens when you are on two blood thinners. :angel:

Life sized for whatever South American people his work is influenced by. They were a short people ;)
This piece had something to do with the struggle with Christianity. I don't remember what the snake for the leg was for... maybe he was a god or something. I do remember asking him how he got the snake skin so detailed and he told me he used a mesh potato bag to give it the scales.

Got a pix to show us? Sounds intriguing.

Life sized for whatever South American people his work is influenced by. They were a short people ;)
This piece had something to do with the struggle with Christianity. I don't remember what the snake for the leg was for... maybe he was a god or something. I do remember asking him how he got the snake skin so detailed and he told me he used a mesh potato bag to give it the scales.

Great idea. I carved a fish for a key rack once, and painted it, and for some reason accidentally put a paper towel on the wet paint. When I lifted off the paper towel, it had made a perfect impression of scales.

I'd love to see more pics of your friend's work too. I take it he does this professionally?

Last edited:
Now you're giving me ideas, Dawg.

I'm thinking of redecorating in an aquarium theme where I could imprint a pale blue/turquoise fish across my walls that would be washable.

Right now, my decor is shades of terra cotta, light colored woods with a touch of turquoise and loads of house plants.

I've been wanting to go more turquoise, but haven't been able to figure out how to make a smooth transition.

Any ideas?

Zhizara, maybe check out the decor of some of the casas in the Caribbean. Where we go in Mexico, there are many delightful murals with a sea theme that could be inspirational.

Trying to decide what to wear for a less than thirty minute trip outside in -9°F weather. I just now realized my winter boots are still in the car from my trip to Helena, same with my winter coat...

So you really need to decide what to wear out to the car and back.

That's all I need...and to remember to bring the things left in the car. If I go out...I may as well finish my trip, get back home and have a hot chocolate and relax. I won't be putting on the boots and coat, they will be COLD! I also need to remember to bring in the frozen salsa so it can thaw before my party tonight.:ermm:

Pac, How are you cooking that turkey? Beer can turkey? Does it sit upright on your gas grill? Or is it drink the Heineken and set it low and forget it? That was some deal.

One year when Everyone went Black Friday shopping, I went to the grocer, and found they had marked down their fresh/ never frozen turkeys that hadn't sold to some ridiculous give-away prices. I bought two and some parts and promptly took them home and froze them for later use. So much for "fresh".

Great idea. I carved a fish for a key rack once, and painted it, and for some reason accidentally put a paper towel on the wet paint. When I lifted off the paper towel, it had made a perfect impression of scales.

I'd love to see more pics of your friend's work too. I take it he does this professionally?

He used to teach art, but I don't know if he actually sold anything or not. His studio leads me to believe he kept everything :LOL:
I'll take some pics next time I'm over there.
Here's a couple more in the meantime.

Attachments

• 137089-662947-7.jpg
    137089-662947-7.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 137089-662955-7.jpg
    137089-662955-7.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 163
He used to teach art, but I don't know if he actually sold anything or not. His studio leads me to believe he kept everything :LOL:
I'll take some pics next time I'm over there.
Here's a couple more in the meantime.

Cool. Like something from Apocalypto.

Pac, How are you cooking that turkey? Beer can turkey? Does it sit upright on your gas grill? Or is it drink the Heineken and set it low and forget it? That was some deal.

One year when Everyone went Black Friday shopping, I went to the grocer, and found they had marked down their fresh/ never frozen turkeys that hadn't sold to some ridiculous give-away prices. I bought two and some parts and promptly took them home and froze them for later use. So much for "fresh".

Yep, I'm attempting a beer can turkey. And the store didn't have 24 oz Heini, so I went with Foster... Australian for beer ;)
I'm using my WSM so I have the height, but I'm not so sure now I can get it hot enough for a good skin, but I'll cook it 'til it's done and see what's what. What have I got to lose at .28 per pound. Dang thing is only up to 310.

OOooooooh! Weird, Strange, indeed! Also haunting, interesting and confusing. As to the snake comment earlier, Quetzalcoati? Geez what a mouthful, spelling nightmare that is!

I'm leaving!

To go pick up Carl, Lakisha, and LM. Then Carl and Papa are going to get for me a huge TV!

Papa keeps complaining about my small TV and I got tired of telling him to hush, so I told him to go find another one.

I hope the thing fits in Joy. The bad part is I have to loan Joy to Carl and Papa because there is no room for anyone else if a monster TV is in her. Papa's driving is even worse than his English, so Carl will have to drive Joy.

If they put so much as a scratch on Joy, I'll kill them both! Rrrrrrrrrrrr!

With love,
~Cat

I'm leaving!

To go pick up Carl, Lakisha, and LM. Then Carl and Papa are going to get for me a huge TV!

Papa keeps complaining about my small TV and I got tired of telling him to hush, so I told him to go find another one.

I hope the thing fits in Joy. The bad part is I have to loan Joy to Carl and Papa because there is no room for anyone else if a monster TV is in her. Papa's driving is even worse than his English, so Carl will have to drive Joy.

If they put so much as a scratch on Joy, I'll kill them both! Rrrrrrrrrrrr!

With love,
~Cat

Poor Carl, his first time alone with Papa, while driving Joy, the stress must be unbearable. lol! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom