What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting here waiting until 9:30 comes. I need to go up to the church to find out something I don't want to know.

Last night Spike was walking Teddy on Saratoga Street. He passes by the house of the woman who started the Church Food Bank many years ago. She also does volunteer work every day of the week. She runs the knitting group at Winthrop two days a week.

As he approached her house, there was a fire engine. Not a good sign. One fire truck indicates 'medical' emergency. Just as he got near the door the fire fighters came out and the ambulance pulled up. Spike heard them say, "She coded." A young couple live on the first floor. Marilyn is in her late 80's. The paramedics didn't even bother to take the gurney out of the ambulance.

So I will go up to the church to find out if it was her. Something I don't want to know. :angel:

Getting ready to give my hands a hot wax treatment. The arthritis this morning is just too much. They hurt so much I could barely hold my silverware to eat breakfast. Time to do something; anything. So I'm going to try the hot wax to see if that gives me any relief. Something's gotta give. I have things to do today.

Could you please tell me what kind of hot wax treatment you use? Thanks

Watching the Canadian Tenors on TV. OMG! (Sorry Addie). There was a little girl just singing Silent night, she couldn't have been more than 10 (I didn't hear her introduction). She was incredible she had the voice of a mature woman! Just beautiful!

I believe that was Jackie Evancho. She is 13, from Pittsburgh and gained national popularity after coming in second on America's Got Talent. There are videos of her singing on Utube, but I don't know how to post a Utube video here. Isn't she amazing?

Jackie Evancho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year. Makes me not dread it so much, even though I want it over with.

Thanks for all the support!

I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year. Makes me not dread it so much, even though I want it over with. Thanks for all the support!

Happy healing vibes sent to you! Once the surgery is over you will feel so much better! I will keep you, Shrek and the rest of your family in my prayers.

I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year. Makes me not dread it so much, even though I want it over with.

Thanks for all the support!

I'm sure you will do fine with the surgery!

A month home alone with Shrek, ask for plenty of narcotics and keep a pillow handy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'll be thinking about you!

Sitting at the table drinking my first coffee of the day. Today is a day for baking and laundry, have my first load in the wash, and trying to decide which cookies to make first.

I've heard of milk-dunking and coffee- dunking, but never tea-dunking. :huh: Makes sense though.

The absolute best *biccies for dunking in tea are hard ginger "nuts". They absorb just enough tea but you don't end up with soggy crumbs in the bottom of the cup' Other biscuits are good but you have to judge the length of immersion to a fine point.

Perhaps some student somewhere could write his or her PhD thesis on dunking biscuits/cookies. :LOL:

I'm sure you will do fine with the surgery!

A month home alone with Shrek, ask for plenty of narcotics and keep a pillow handy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'll be thinking about you!

LOL!! If I let him live that long.:LOL: Thanks Aunt Bea!

Shrek was so sweet at the doctors yesterday and asked some insightful questions. He's more worried about this than I am.

Do you get to keep the video?

Not a video of my surgery...I have a video of a surgery demo to look at. That's a good question, though. I will ask about that! Gross Shrek out to no end...:angel: Hey, I got to see his guts, he should get to see mine.

The surgeon was pleased that I would allow medical/nursing students in to watch as a learning experience. I enjoyed my clinicals, why wouldn't I want budding MD's and Nurses to have the same experience.

Today is shaping up to be a day I need coffee to be able to make my coffee...:wacko:

Of course he is! He's worried about his honey. Perfectly normal. I worry about my honey driving home in rush hour traffic every evening. If she isn't home by a certain time, I call her.

He called the medical supply place and got me a stool with a handrail so I could get into bed. He has also hauled out the shower chair that he used. Poor Shrek, learning to be a nurse...:LOL: He is being sweet and loving over the whole thing.

I believe that was Jackie Evancho. She is 13, from Pittsburgh and gained national popularity after coming in second on America's Got Talent. There are videos of her singing on Utube, but I don't know how to post a Utube video here. Isn't she amazing? Jackie Evancho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, Carol, you are quite right! After I posted, I realized I was watching a re-broadcast of a 2010 Christmas special. So she was likely 10 at the time. She really is amazing! Thank you for sharing who she is. I'm trying to post a link too. Not sure if it's going to work tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Q9sOE91POZg

Last edited:
I'm trying to think of some words of comfort for PF as she faces her surgery.

These words from Eleanor Roosevelt are not pretty and soft, but are "tough and encouraging" kinda like our Princess.......I hope they help in some small way as she faces life's next journey.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

My sincere wishes for better health in 2014 Fi!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom