What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to think of some words of comfort for PF as she faces her surgery.

These words from Eleanor Roosevelt are not pretty and soft, but are "tough and encouraging" kinda like our Princess.......I hope they help in some small way as she faces life's next journey.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

My sincere wishes for better health in 2014 Fi!

That is a wonderful quote, Thanks SB. I'll print that out and hang it at work.

I am contemplating the things that I am going to attach to a sweater, that I will wear to DH's work Christmas party tonight . Ugly Christmas sweater contest ;)

We're menu planning. Mrs D is all excited that the German deli here go a new shipment of sauce mixes in from Germany. I like it when she's back in the cooking mood. :)

img_1326925_0_9f82e769e4a838893f8eb126f4beeaef.jpg

That's a handy way to menu plan. Read the directions on the packet, buy what you need.

I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year. Makes me not dread it so much, even though I want it over with.

Thanks for all the support!

PF As The saying goes, you can't keep a good woman down. I pray that your recovery will be swift and complete. All the best. JoAnn

I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year. Makes me not dread it so much, even though I want it over with.

Thanks for all the support!

PF I know it doesn't need to be said, but I am going to anyway.

:angel::angel: A couple to watch over you and Shrek.

We all love you and are keeping you and Shrek in our prayers. Go into this surgery knowing you are not only giving yourself this present, but to all who love you. When you come to, you will have a little tummy ache. In a couple of days it will be gone. And for a change, Shrek will be given the opportunity of taking care of you instead of the other way around. And you deserve to be taken care of. It is your turn now. :angel:

We just got back from TB's parents' house for the family Christmas dinner and present exchange.

I usually make the gravy, dessert, my "famous" glazed carrots and coordinate where everything goes on the table (the caterer in me). TB's BIL does the turkey and stuffing while the rest of the family brings the rest of the meal.

This year I was told I could bring the carrots and that's all. Our BIL made the gravy and organized the meal (he worked with me on some jobs) while I sat back and played with my wonderful 3 1/2 year old grand nephew. They live in the interior and I rarely get to see him so to just relax and play was the best present of all.

I just got off the phone after a two+ hour conversation. Once again we solved all the problems of the world.

We have an exchange program between us. I send her pieces of Parmesan and Romano cheese and in turn she sends me a carton of cigarettes. If I were to buy a carton here, it would cost $105.00. She only pays $45.00. She quit smoking about three months ago. When she went into buy the latest carton, they refused to sell them to her. They were not going to help her start smoking again. Even her daughter was throwing a fit in the store. It took her quite a while to convince them that they were not for her. Then tonight while we were on the phone, her daughter walked in. I had to tell her that they were really for me and not her mother. I also am going to send her an email stating the same so she can print it out and show everyone.

Time for my meds. :angel:

Called Mom and talked for a while. My little niece, my namesake has become a young woman today. Gosh she's growing up fast.

Attachments

• becky 2011.jpg
    becky 2011.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 133
He called the medical supply place and got me a stool with a handrail so I could get into bed. He has also hauled out the shower chair that he used. Poor Shrek, learning to be a nurse...:LOL: He is being sweet and loving over the whole thing.
You are truely blessed to have shrek taking good care of you.:angel::angel: Time for you to take it easy! Take care!!

We're menu planning. Mrs D is all excited that the German deli here go a new shipment of sauce mixes in from Germany. I like it when she's back in the cooking mood. :)

img_1327004_0_9f82e769e4a838893f8eb126f4beeaef.jpg

bought the Schnitzel Sosse today, they are on sale at the Edeka here...

but I have to admit, I don't like the rest, 'cause there is nothing I couldn't do myself for a much lower price :chef:
Is it expensive over there?

I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year....
Make sure the doctor puts a stick-on bow near his work when he's all done. ;) And of course Shrek is worried. Something happen to his sweet Princess and he'll have to cook. And launder. And shop...

All kidding aside, keeping you in my prayers, adding Shrek and the family as company. Before you know it *blink* and it will be over.

I believe that was Jackie Evancho. She is 13, from Pittsburgh and gained national popularity after coming in second on America's Got Talent. There are videos of her singing on Utube, but I don't know how to post a Utube video here. Isn't she amazing?

Jackie Evancho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
She sang the National Anthem before the Lions game on Thanksgiving. I usually sing along whenever I hear it (even broke out in song when Himself and I visited Fort McHenry...it was cold and late and it was just me at one end of the earthen berm, a piper in full garb *brrrr* at the other) but I was so enthralled listening to Jackie Evancho I couldn't. You could say I was a bit choked up. She has a wonderful voice. Here is a video of her singing it that day:
Jackie Evancho National Anthem Thanksgiving Game 2013 - YouTube

What I appreciated best was she sang it the way it was written. No trills, no jazz riffs, just the notes. You know, the way it should be if they want people to sing along? :LOL:

...There are videos of her singing on Utube, but I don't know how to post a Utube video here. Isn't she amazing?

Jackie Evancho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since you can post a link, you can post a video. Same way, just be sure the video you want is in the player on your page before you copy the link address in your address bar. Then come back to the compose page here at DC and post it using the link icon in the blue bar above the compose box. The "link" is what looks like a blue globe with a link from a chain, right below the smiley face for the pull-down smiley menu.

I'm heading off to bed. I'd like to leave the earplugs out to I can listen to the sounds on the window (hate freezing rain, but it does "sing" on the glass) but I'm afraid the weather will clear and the barking dog will be out for the usual hour (even when it was 8 degrees today...grr :mad: ) while I'm trying to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom