What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She sang the National Anthem before the Lions game on Thanksgiving. I usually sing along whenever I hear it (even broke out in song when Himself and I visited Fort McHenry...it was cold and late and it was just me at one end of the earthen berm, a piper in full garb *brrrr* at the other) but I was so enthralled listening to Jackie Evancho I couldn't. You could say I was a bit choked up. She has a wonderful voice. Here is a video of her singing it that day:
Jackie Evancho National Anthem Thanksgiving Game 2013 - YouTube

What I appreciated best was she sang it the way it was written. No trills, no jazz riffs, just the notes. You know, the way it should be if they want people to sing along? :LOL:

That was absolutely beautiful. She really does have quite a mature sound. And I like the simple rendition, too. The song is challenging enough on its own; it doesn't need embellishment.

bought the Schnitzel Sosse today, they are on sale at the Edeka here...

but I have to admit, I don't like the rest, 'cause there is nothing I couldn't do myself for a much lower price :chef:
Is it expensive over there?

I would love it if you would post some of your recipes. My MIL is of German descent and made rouladen and sauerbraten regularly. I don't know why I've never made them.

Do you have recipes for using up leftovers? If I recall correctly, these are fairly large roasts and there's only two of us.

bought the Schnitzel Sosse today, they are on sale at the Edeka here...

but I have to admit, I don't like the rest, 'cause there is nothing I couldn't do myself for a much lower price :chef:
Is it expensive over there?

I think they were $2.00 each. About €1.35. It's hard to make things from scratch over here as some ingredients just aren't available. And if you can find them they are usually very expensive or just don't taste the same.

I dug out of the storm two hours ago. This snow just won't quit.

Pac, I'm sorry to hear that you have to keep digging out, but I am jealous that we didn't get a big snow. I love snow around the holidays. But then I am not the one who has to clean the driveway......

I am presently watching water come through my ceiling. I contacted the maintenance man and we can't find where the leak is coming from. I had to move my TV. So I had to call the main number for maintenance weekend emergency. So what do they do? Call the maintenance man on site. Do they think I am so stupid that I wouldn't have contacted him first? I tell you I am surrounded by idiots! :angel:

Make sure the doctor puts a stick-on bow near his work when he's all done. ;) And of course Shrek is worried. Something happen to his sweet Princess and he'll have to cook. And launder. And shop...

All kidding aside, keeping you in my prayers, adding Shrek and the family as company. Before you know it *blink* and it will be over.

I'll have to tell the Doctor that...it'll make him laugh.

A few of the nurses have said they will cook for us while I'm recovering, Shrek will have it easy. I also have a couple willing to kidnap me when I'm up to it and haul me out to lunch.

Thank you for the prayers, much appreciated.

I'll have to tell the Doctor that...it'll make him laugh.

A few of the nurses have said they will cook for us while I'm recovering, Shrek will have it easy. I also have a couple willing to kidnap me when I'm up to it and haul me out to lunch.

Thank you for the prayers, much appreciated.

My grandkids adopted grandmother had severe diabetes and the first surgery was to have her toes amputated. Her daughter got a Barbie doll and cut her toes off and placed her on a "toe" truck. The doctor cracked up along with her mother. She did the same thing when it came time to have her let amputated minus the toe truck. Barbie was missing one leg up to the knee. :angel:

I built little three legged stools and took them to the doc in a specimen cup. That was when I had colitis so bad. When the appointment was over, the nurse asked me what I told him, she had never heard him laugh so hard or loud. He still has the "stool sample" on a shelf in the exam room.

I built little three legged stools and took them to the doc in a specimen cup. That was when I had colitis so bad. When the appointment was over, the nurse asked me what I told him, she had never heard him laugh so hard or loud. He still has the "stool sample" on a shelf in the exam room.

OMG, that's hilarious! I may do that for my next GI appointment! :ROFLMAO:

I just love folks with a macabre sense of humor. It is always the least expected. :angel:

Pac, I'm sorry to hear that you have to keep digging out, but I am jealous that we didn't get a big snow. I love snow around the holidays. But then I am not the one who has to clean the driveway......

You got hit a couple weeks ago when it missed us. It's making up for it now.
I think there was one recent winter we got snow on all but three days. Then again, there was one where I only had to clear the drive three times. Bitter cold that year.
I'm hoping it will lighten up for 2014. Seeing as how it arrived early this year.

Got the niece's and nephew's Christmas presents bought and shipped, thank you, Amazon Prime!

My niece just turned 6, and for her birthday I sent her a couple of Monster High dolls, which is what I would want at her age. Actually, I would like them at my age as well, they're really cool. Her mom said they were Niece's favorite presents, and totally set the bar! I thought, great! Now I know what to get Niece for Christmas! My SIL, the Princess, then emails me back saying, oh no, no more, they're way too old for her! :huh:

I almost got her a couple more Monster High dolls for Christmas anyway. Ended up with Brave's Merida doll and DVD, and got a really nice music set for baby nephew, that includes a xylophone, drum set, and other really noisy things :devilish:

Last edited:
...My SIL, the Princess, then emails me back saying, oh no, no more, they're way too old for her! :huh:... Ended up with Brave's Merida doll and DVD, and got a really nice music set for baby nephew, that includes a xylophone, drum set, and other really noisy things :devilish:
Devious! I LOVE it! Paybacks are...well, you know. ;)

Oh my goodness! This is one of the funniest things I have ever heard! :ROFLMAO:

I told DH when he phoned on his break that I am not feeling well and not to expect much done when he gets home. He said that was okay and he would pick up Chinese food on his way home.

I have cleaned the bathroom, changed the sheets, am doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen and dining room and working on my last Christmas present I am making.

How is a person who can barely walk sometimes and has chronic fatigue syndrome and a kidney infection doing all that? My awesome friend and neighbour is helping me because I look after her daughter sometimes. It is a win win situation big time! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom