What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had several intense days of decision making and organizng things. Lots of tile laying decisions; pattern, where to put the accent tile, how to handle tile not coming out even around the fireplace, shape and size of bathroom tile baseboard. On Monday I ordered, and paid for, the kitchen counter top. Yesterday I picked out a different marble bath counter top than what I had planned all along. I am entering a period where things are happening quickly. There may be a delay in finishing the house because the kitchen counter top has a 30 day lead time we were not expecting.

Oh dear! You know in construction, if they tell you six weeks, expect it to be six months. I am so sorry to hear this. It has to be so frustrating. Hang in there. You will get in there before you know it. :angel:

....He still pats me on my head when he walks past me in the house. He has done that for as long as I could remember. Sometimes I walk past him on purpose for that little pat. I'll do that to my children someday....
My Mom used to do that to Himself! Mind you, it was only if he was sitting down, since Himself is 6' 2" and my Mom was only 5'...on her good days. Because he's always been balding, when she patted him she would say "my, you get more virile every time I see you!". :LOL: Apparently, high testosterone is reputedly guilty for hair loss. Reputedly. :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL:

Hold on to the memories these events create. They'll be so nice to think back on when Papa and Mamma are back home. Maybe you could pat DA on her head as you pass by? :cool:

I swear, miss a day miss a lot around here! :LOL:

PF, that tapestry is lovely! And of course Shrek has "good taste". Look who he married. ;)

We needed milk and coffee cream. It's so cold that neither of us was willing to walk one block to the convenience store. We finally decided to drive. It was 0.3 km there. And since we live on a one way street, the trip home was longer. Total distance: 1.3 km.
OK, I understand cold. But did the CAR even warm up while you were out? :LOL: I would think all it provided was shelter from the wind. And when you got back home so quickly I bet it was disappointed it didn't get to go for a nice "ride".

... I am entering a period where things are happening quickly.....
Comes at you real quick, doesn't it Beth? I'm guessing the contractor didn't have an agent working with him when you were signing the contract? We've built 3 houses and each time we made our selections either right away or soon after we broke ground. Does that "30 day" wait for the counter push your occupancy date back much? Hope not...

Oh dear! You know in construction, if they tell you six weeks, expect it to be six months....
Not always Addie. Like I said, we've had three stick-built houses from the hole on up. The first house was one week later than expected in a 6-month window. No biggie since we were scheduled to move mid-month from an apartment but figured on paying rent for the full month. The second was a week late, and that's because the real estate agent representing the builder mixed up our counter choice colors with the room they went in. We could have been in on time if the builder had his way, but I refused to let his Dad (one of his finish carpenters) drop in the correct kitchen counter on Easter Sunday! This last house was the worst. About three weeks late AND completely interfered with our departure when we were taking our son back to college in AZ from OH where he was staying that summer. I still think the builder did in on purpose...

Finally got my pain medicine over 24 hours after calling the doctor. I know my pharmacist very well and he gave me a cup of water and opened the bottle for me. My side is still very sore so it may be more than just my usual kidney stones that passed easily. thankfully my chronic pain is really under control today.

Despite the pain I got a bunch of baking ingredients to get started. I have a young woman I am mentoring and she is coming over the bake with me. She is going through some tough times and I feel blessed she trusts me.

I also did my final Christmas shopping...at the vet's office. Violet needs special treats and they have the little toys Monkey loves and I can't find anywhere else. I splurged on them but they are the only "kids" I have! ;)

Now I am watching Cat Cora on Queen Latifah - two women I admire.

Well, must go, my robot vacuum is calling me. :wacko:

OK, I understand cold. But did the CAR even warm up while you were out? :LOL: I would think all it provided was shelter from the wind. And when you got back home so quickly I bet it was disappointed it didn't get to go for a nice "ride".
Sigrid may have been disappointed, but she was the one out in the cold.

I didn't think to check the engine temp gauge. We were dressed for cold. Our parking space is in an underground garage. It's heated, a bit, so the car wasn't all that cold when we got in it. Think +2C as opposed to the -18C outdoors. And, it has seat heaters. So, we didn't notice the cold in the car. Of course we were dressed for cold: long underwear, boots, winter coats, gloves, covered heads.

Sigrid may have been disappointed, but she was the one out in the cold.

I didn't think to check the engine temp gauge. We were dressed for cold. Our parking space is in an underground garage. It's heated, a bit, so the car wasn't all that cold when we got in it. Think +2C as opposed to the -18C outdoors. And, it has seat heaters. So, we didn't notice the cold in the car. Of course we were dressed for cold: long underwear, boots, winter coats, gloves, covered heads.

It is about 2C here, but that is outside and we have no snow. Just some wind. Such a difference between both sides of our country!

I will try to send you some warm air! :)

Sounds like a fun day for you and mom. Is Rob going to be joining you?

I am trying to multi task. It is not working. I got all the dry ingredients for the cake in a large zippy bag. Then I decided to tackle the frosting. I got the butter melted and added the cocoa just fine. Then I decided to make a cup of coffee at the same time. I poured the cream in a bowl instead of my cup. I decided it was time to take a break and sit down. I can see it is going to be a long day. One chore at a time Addie, just one chore. :angel:

Aw heck, I'm forever pouring orange juice into my coffee...:rolleyes:

My Mom used to do that to Himself! Mind you, it was only if he was sitting down, since Himself is 6' 2" and my Mom was only 5'...on her good days. Because he's always been balding, when she patted him she would say "my, you get more virile every time I see you!". :LOL: Apparently, high testosterone is reputedly guilty for hair loss. Reputedly. :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL:

Hold on to the memories these events create. They'll be so nice to think back on when Papa and Mamma are back home. Maybe you could pat DA on her head as you pass by? :cool:

That's so very sweet, CG! Yes, I love these little memories. Every time I pass DA and she can't see me, I say, "Watch out! Kissy monster!" and I kiss her on her cheek as I scoot by. She loves that.

Carl has been staying here for the beginning of the holidays. He will leave on Monday to be with his family. We're having so very much fun, and because Lakisha's uncle now lives with them and he is retired from the post office, they are doing well and Lakisha is able to spend some nights here too.

I love this time with my two best friends and my precious family! This is certainly what some say, "the time of your life." It truly is!

With love,
~Cat

I really really enjoyed The Sing -Off! Now, Michael Buble special!

I had to find something to fill the Survivor time slot.

I am presently watching water come through my ceiling. I contacted the maintenance man and we can't find where the leak is coming from. I had to move my TV. So I had to call the main number for maintenance weekend emergency. So what do they do? Call the maintenance man on site. Do they think I am so stupid that I wouldn't have contacted him first? I tell you I am surrounded by idiots! :angel:
I can relate! :):angel:

Water coming through your ceiling is alarming, Addie! We had a roof leak in our Brasov home. This came through one of the ridgecaps and it was nearly impossible to trace until PapaCat climbed up into the attic and found it, for it had run through an area and came out away from the leak.

I hope this gets fixed quickly for you, Addie. Roof leaks can be very damaging.

One time, PapaCat thought there was a leak when Cat was about 7 years old. The leak was over the 2nd floor study, and he put the ladder from our bedroom balcony up onto the roof. The next thing he knew, little Cat was climbing up the ladder saying, "I'll help you, Papa!"

Now our little Cat has just been told by Carl he loves her, so Lakisha and I have discreetly left the lair. We told PapaCat, and we are upstairs hoping Cat will be nice about it.

We don't know what to expect, but her Papa isn't worried. Let's see what happens.

MammaCat

Sorry about that. I didn't do anything, really.

We're expecting a few flurries and temps all the way up to -1C.

No worries, Taxy. No blame intended. Our snow will be gone in 24 hours anyway. ;)

TB is suffering from the flu. He has called in for tomorrow and has gone to bed. I am staying in my chair to a) not bet the flu and b) be more comfortable with my pain. The furkids have divided their loyalty. Violet is curled up on the bed with her "Daddy" and Monkey is on my lap.

Back
Top Bottom